St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

6 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Don’t know any set of fans that have gone to a new stadium and prefer it to the old one. It’s sonically poor yet nearly every player and manager says how good the atmosphere is. Couldn’t care less about it hosting anything other than Newcastle games. I think going much bigger would be too big.

And there lies the problem. You ain’t thinking big enough. New stadiums killing atmospheres is a myth. Badly designed ones can but not necessarily new.

7 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

They could add another 10k-15k in season ticket holders, expand away fans to 5k, and have 20k members tickets. 

With a new stadium they could but not an expanded one. Would just be a bandaid.

The Saudis will want the best/state of the art. Their only compromise will be the location. 

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

They email it to you and it says the link on the email has a unique ID.

Oh well, if it’s anything like some of the ballot emails, I’ll get mine on opening day of the new stadium.

As part of the feasibility study, Newcastle have teamed up with CAA Sports, an American-based sports agency which represents a host of high-profile athletes and businesses around the world.

A division of the company, CAA Icon, boasts the fact they have managed the development of some hugely successful venues around the world, spanning 11 professional sports leagues, totalling almost £32 billion.

The company claim to have experience in 'planning, activating, designing, constructing, and commissioning projects for MLS, NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB.'

Recently the firm was tasked with playing a role in the design of a new 70,000-seater AC Milan stadium, set to be unveiled in 2028 or 2029. CAA Icon founder, Tim Romani, has left the company to focus solely on the Milan project.

“I’ve been chasing the dream of a new Milan stadium for six years,” said Romani. “CAA Icon will help us create a worldwide level stadium meeting Milan and RedBird’s Capital expectations.”

Stephanie Bax, leading the team of CAA Icon, added: “The most successful stadiums are those integrating perfectly into the community. We are looking forward to making it happen with Milan’s vision.”

From the chronicle 

so nobody else has to brave that website. 

Received the email and replied. Lots of focus in the questions regarding getting people into the ground earlier if offering better bars/beer/food etc. Similarly what percentage extra would you be willing to pay for your season ticket in a renovated SJP. 
My only concern is we don’t get flooded with hospitality type areas as the atmosphere will be shit and people can’t afford silly money for their season tickets up here. 

32 minutes ago, Wandy said:

We aren't going to be moving from the city centre, it's simply not happening. It's becoming very clear though that a complete rebuild on the existing site is looking the most viable solution.

Wont happen . Its either a new stadium on part of Leazes park - which solves the where would we play in the meantime question - or its as you are cos its hard to see how they can extend any other part of the ground . 

2 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Wont happen . Its either a new stadium on part of Leazes park - which solves the where would we play in the meantime question - or its as you are cos its hard to see how they can extend any other part of the ground . 

They are trying to get the terrace moved, I'm convinced of it.

New stadium in the City Centre every day, St James has seen it’s day unfortunately.

Concourses are cramped and dated, acoustics shite, facilities years behind the best stadiums and level 7 is fucking terrible.

Most importantly we can go bigger and get future generations in, and at the same time massively increase revenue streams.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

New stadium in the City Centre every day, St James has seen it’s day unfortunately.

Concourses are cramped and dated, acoustics shite, facilities years behind the best stadiums and level 7 is fucking terrible.

Most importantly we can go bigger and get future generations in, and at the same time massively increase revenue streams.

Most of the concourses are ticking solidly up to 30 years old since the post promotion build up. Even the extension is nearly a quarter of a century. Last thing you want is a relic of a ground like Goodison or Filbert Street. Atmospheric is fine but not when it’s outdated.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Most of the concourses are ticking solidly up to 30 years old since the post promotion build up. Even the extension is nearly a quarter of a century. Last thing you want is a relic of a ground like Goodison or Filbert Street. Atmospheric is fine but not when it’s outdated.

Atmosphere is fine if you’re at the Gallowgate End of stadium, unfortunately half the ground hears fuck all due to uneven build of ground.

Even the corporate areas apart from that new one built in the summer look more suited to Beamish.

History’s great but the future is more important and this would be an unprecedented opportunity to build something for the ages in the City Centre.

If it has to be a rebuild it has to be on Castle Leazes.

I just can't see us being in exile for what would be a couple of seasons of football in order to build on the existing site. 

Edited by ponsaelius

30 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Where have you been where the atmosphere is better than the old one?

Stadium of Light > Roker Park … Bolton‘s Reebok better than their old one. So there’s two off the top of my head.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

If it has to be a rebuild it has to be on Castle Leazes.

I just can't see us being in exile for what would b couple of seasons of football in order to build on the existing site. 

In this scenario surely they'd manage it so that we're away for maximum one season.

Just now, LFEE said:

Stadium of Light > Roker Park … Bolton‘s Reebok better than their old one. So there’s two off the top of my head.

I’d add the Tottenham Hotspur stadium that new end behind the goal creates a much bigger noise than anything they produced at WHL.

For me it has to be a new stadium in Leazes park with the current stadium site landscaped as a land swap. The caveat being the highest priority with the re-build is acoustics & atmosphere - give us 20k safe standing behind a goal and let’s see if we really are the best fans in the world. 

Did my best to say no to all those whacky American seats that take up like 5 reguarly sized seats. Some absolutely hideous ideas in that questionaire thing. 

image.thumb.png.6b9f5d644033a1aa2c5aa58a0a9a4197.png

They made it sound like they have ideas of having these monsters 

Edited by OCK