St James' Park

Delima

From what I’ve seen, it’s pretty clear it’ll be a new stadium. The chairman in all interviews has been pretty ruthless and talked about the club being ‘number 1’. It won’t be ‘number 1, but not the stadium’. 

If and when it’s announced that that’s the plan, or even before, energy would be better spent pushing for what we want with a new stadium as opposed to folk manning the barricades. Spurs and Everton look great tbh and they seem to have put effort into keeping the atmosphere. 

Not sure about sushi bars tbh, though I’d like to actually be able to eat something in the stadium. Was at the Mile High Stadium in Denver in September and there was all sorts on offer without it being corporate.

I remember them making a comment about how it’s the only stadium in the UK with a main train line near by. 

I honestly think they’ll stay on the same site. Don’t be surprised if they build a mad temporary stadium at Exhibition Park or something. There’s precedent for that too with the Great Exhibition of 1929. 

The email has also gone to non members like.

But as mentioned, they'd already said this survey was coming, and specifically pointed out it will be full of hypothetical scenarios

Nothing is going to be announced until after this season, at the earliest 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Fundamentally, isn’t more seats for the average Joe and more seats for corporates a win win? I don’t quite understand the negativity to this aspect of it? 

Yeah I'm not sure what the gripe is here.

Obviously they're going to want to extract as much money as possible from the "Corporate" tickets but that doesn't mean the whole ground is going to be big squishy sofas, personal TV screens and hand-delivered temaki.

That picture of a hypothetical seating plan (I saw it on Twitter, might be on here too) showed four "corporate" areas - one on each touchline roughly the size of the current directors box, plus a thin strip across the sides that seem to be roughly where the current boxes are. Everything else (including behind both goals) seemed to just be standard seating/standing. 

41 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I remember them making a comment about how it’s the only stadium in the UK with a main train line near by. 

I honestly think they’ll stay on the same site. Don’t be surprised if they build a mad temporary stadium at Exhibition Park or something. There’s precedent for that too with the Great Exhibition of 1929. 

IMG_7221.webp

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

For all those who love FFP and want a club that competes. How about we whack £1000 a season extra onto all 35,000 Season Tickets to generate £35m a year?

This is it.

’I’ve got my season ticket, so don’t change a thing, apart from buying players’.

‘Ok, let’s not change a thing about the stadium and still buy players, here’s your season ticket for next season, now well over £1k’

‘Wooooo, what are you doing? You are pricing me out’

’You want new players, and no changes to the stadium, but we still need to hit FFP’. 

Edited by Stifler

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

The club has some big partners working with them now who'll go into a lot of detail analysing the results and any fallout on social too - I just hope people have given fair responses and they take heed of the data.

What would you do if you were the club out of interest?

They were asking how much more you’d pay for a ticket in a new ground. So it would be a new stadium and near enough a 1000 pound season ticket anyway. Have one bad season and you’ve got 50k rattling around a 70k stadium when Fulham at home is 50 quid a ticket.

Argument will be don’t have to charge as much in new ground but that isn’t what happens.

Edited by Bellis80

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

It’s pretty damning that the known whingers on Twatter who have season tickets, and hold non-season ticket holders with control are all against this.

Aye class, so it’s great for you to say to fans of other clubs that your club has a 52k stadium, and 35k waiting to get in, but you just don’t want to let any of those 35k in and keep skating them over things like the ballot etc which doesn’t even effect you.

Honestly though, as a former season ticket holders (over 2 different periods) and as a member, I want my email, and to have my say.

Not fair that they are asking people who already have a season ticket, but not asking their potential new season tickets holders who they would be increasing the capacity for.

I'm only a member and i got one. Other 2 in the house are season ticket holders and both got the survey so 3 out of 3 here. All filled in. Definitely loaded towards a new stadium.

1 minute ago, Bellis80 said:

They were asking how much more you’d pay for a ticket in a new ground. So it would be a new stadium and near enough a 1000 pound season ticket anyway. Have one bad season and you’ve got 50k rattling around a 70k stadium when Fulham at home is 50 quid a ticket.

Argument will be don’t have to charge as much in new ground but that isn’t what happens.

On the other hand, how many new season tickets could you sell right now? Tens of thousands I would guess. And would those people stop going after one bad season? 

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

The club has some big partners working with them now who'll go into a lot of detail analysing the results and any fallout on social too - I just hope people have given fair responses and they take heed of the data.

I think you're overestimating how much companies place on social fallout. They may well analyse it, but if they can make more money by doing something unpopular that will be the result unfortunately. 1000 corporate customers paying 1000 for a box/ticket is better than 1000 paying 6/700 for a regular seat

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

On the other hand, how many new season tickets could you sell right now? Tens of thousands I would guess. And would those people stop going after one bad season? 

They could sell 10k season tickets now and choose not to.

8 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

If they were going to do that regardless then why bother with the survey? What if the responses are overwhelmingly "I won't pay more than £700 for a season ticket"?

When I went to Spurs the concourses were so full it was a nightmare to get a drink. Like shoulder-to-shoulder impossible to move. 

I like getting in early, but more to soak up the atmosphere from outside.

I can't see myself deliberately going in to eat or drink unless the amount of space is a lot more, and more relaxed, than I've ever experienced at a football stadium. 

If they sold Greggs, maybe. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

If nothing else that survey has got everyone commenting and giving their opinions, there's quite a lot to digest to be fair.

However, I've not seen one person say they have applied to be on the Fans board, which is strange considering how much the club was pushing it 

At the beginning of the year a relation of mine was working directly with Yasir Al-Rumayyan, who told him focus was on developing St James’ Park and not moving. That may have changed since but that was the stance at the time. 

Just now, gjohnson said:

I think you're overestimating how much companies place on social fallout. They may well analyse it, but if they can make more money by doing something unpopular that will be the result unfortunately. 1000 corporate customers paying 1000 for a box/ticket is better than 1000 paying 6/700 for a regular seat

Sentiment analysis is very common in the sports tech world now. There'll be notes about the lack of objectivity in that data but it will be information presented back in the process regardless, I'm sure.