St James' Park

Delima

Luke Edwards just been on Sky saying the feasibility study is about to end and he expects the club to stay at St James park. He says from his sources that’s what the club want. Thinks we’ll expand the Gallowgate and make tweaks to the east stand to get capacity up to 65,000.

65k? About a 13K increase. All depends on how it’s done, there are flaws with the ground that can’t be resolved by expansion alone. I’m really torn in all honesty 

Unless the areas at the top of the steps behind the Gallowgate are expanded and proper queuing lanes are set up (or additional turnstyles built in) an extra 13k people trying to get in to SJP is going to be an absolute disaster.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Unless the areas at the top of the steps behind the Gallowgate are expanded and proper queuing lanes are set up (or additional turnstyles built in) an extra 13k people trying to get in to SJP is going to be an absolute disaster.

I think the queues now are already a safety hazard at times especially at the strawberry corner.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Disappointed if true but any investment is to be welcomed.

Expanding the existing ground appears to be the most popular option with the fans. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Expanding the existing ground appears to be the most popular option with the fans. 

It also means we’re likely stuck with a match day income around half that of Spurs.  It wouldn’t exactly be a strong signal of intent. 

After visiting Spurs’ ground for the NFL at the back end of last year, their facilities in the concourse is night and day to what we currently have.

Having said that, the argument is there to not allow the chicken bites and chips posse any more comfort away from the terraces.

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It also means we’re likely stuck with a match day income around half that of Spurs.  It wouldn’t exactly be a strong signal of intent. 

Yeah, I think this is the bigger picture personally as well. Who knows maybe they can remodel it to the extent we can bridge the gap, but him not somehow don’t think so. 

This is all only speculation at this point though so let’s see what the future holds. 

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They were never going to spunk a billion on a new stadium . They are here to make £ 

44 minutes ago, TBG said:

50 odd thousand and still spotted Paully. Looked like he nearly got taken out with a shot second half.

Football or sniper? After Everton it's hard to tell with him

3 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

They were never going to spunk a billion on a new stadium . They are here to make £ 

How exactly are they going to make the sort of money that is worthwhile? Has any owner outside of the glazers disgraceful pilfering ever made substantial yearly profits for themselves. Please dont say Ashley either.... 

Just now, frankpingel said:

Think I'll wait for something official before making judgement but priority should always be staying in the immediate area.

Gor to be within the city centre, let's see if the thousands of season ticket holders will be happy having to miss a season (at least) whilst building work takes place. I honestly think a new stadium is a no brainer to hugely improve revenues and I'm still convinced that's the path they will follow. I also think the majority will be happy with a new stadium as long as it's within the city centre. Time will tell though, but am I fuck taking anything with any conviction Edwards says about anything.

Just now, Fezzle said:

How exactly are they going to make the sort of money that is worthwhile? Has any owner outside of the glazers disgraceful pilfering ever made substantial yearly profits for themselves. Please dont say Ashley either.... 

Higher prices ? More Corporate ? Some standing ? They deffo wouldnt make more £ by spunking £800 M - 1 B on a new bells n whistles stadium 

7 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

And building a new stadium is a very good way of doing it with hugely increased revenue and new commercial/sponsorship deals.

Just now, et tu brute said:

And building a new stadium is a very good way of doing it with hugely increased revenue and new commercial/sponsorship deals.

Nah not gonna happen