St James' Park

Delima

11 minutes ago, Jonas said:

In this dimension its not possible to build a big stadium anywhere or anyhow where many of the seats aren't 'level 7' esque in terms of view and distance from the pitch.

Aye our East Stand just totally ruins it. Went to Benfica just before COVID and that holds 65k. We were sat near the back and it the view/experience couldn't have felt any different to Level 7 because we had fans all the way around the stadium sat at the same height as us. You really felt part of the crowd.

When you are sat near the back of Level 7 and looking out over the town I find I feel totally isolated from the actual occasion. I hate it.

Maybe thats it.

Just know from experience that up top at Old Trafford, Wembley and the Nou Camp for a view and feeling part of the game/relatable to it, just wasn't there compared to what you get in a 1st or 2nd tier and whenever I see some of these vlogs it looks no different anywhere else up a height as it does the away fan vlogs at our place.

Just seems some people are expecting that to go away when it will in some cases be the same or even worse is.

Edited by Jonas

Personally loved level 7 when we had the singing section up there. Certainly felt part of it with 3k stood singing every week. 

7 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Personally loved level 7 when we had the singing section up there. Certainly felt part of it with 3k stood singing every week. 

I was part of that singing section. Had a great few years up there before Ashley spat the dummy, especially being in the balcony part at the front. 

However my mates who were in the Gallowgate at the time used to comment that they couldn't really hear us from there, again down to the poor acoustics of the stadium and the noise just getting lost due to the lopsided design.

Concur the problem with our level 7, compared to the back of 3rd tier at Spurs new stadium is that you feel detached as @Wallsendmag describes.

Other big stadiums you can still feel part of it, SJP really is so poorly designed I can’t help but feel this is a big opportunity missed if we stay.

I think if we end up with a mirror image of the Leazes End and some Aviva Stadium style glass construction of the East Stand, any romantic notions of SJP will be quashed and it’ll be more soulless than any new stadium.

Friends of Leazes Park Chair has put together a proposal to move Leazes Terrace into Leazes Park, keeping only the listed building facade.

If approved by Newcastle City Council & English Heritage, would potentially allow NUFC to expand the East Stand of St. James’ Park.

Edited by FCB

22 minutes ago, FCB said:

Friends of Leazes Park Chair has put together a proposal to move Leazes Terrace into Leazes Park, keeping only the listed building facade If approved by Newcastle City Council & English Heritage, would potentially allow NUFC to expand the East Stand of St. James’ Park

I don’t follow this.  What exactly are they proposing?

Also, Leazes Terrace isn’t the only issue.  There’s St James’ Terrace too

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Concur the problem with our level 7, compared to the back of 3rd tier at Spurs new stadium is that you feel detached as @Wallsendmag describes.

Other big stadiums you can still feel part of it, SJP really is so poorly designed I can’t help but feel this is a big opportunity missed if we stay.

I think if we end up with a mirror image of the Leazes End and some Aviva Stadium style glass construction of the East Stand, any romantic notions of SJP will be quashed and it’ll be more soulless than any new stadium.

I sit in L7 and don't feel detached from the game but I don't sit behind a goal. Wouldn't swap for my dead centre Gallowgate seats I had until moving to the family section.

9 hours ago, wormy said:

Let's keep SJP, develop a new stadium on the arena site and rotate every other week. Could sell half-season tickets to just one or the other. More money. More fans able to attend. All our problems will disappear.

Different manager at each stadium - Howe at one, Emery at the other.

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Aye our East Stand just totally ruins it. Went to Benfica just before COVID and that holds 65k. We were sat near the back and it the view/experience couldn't have felt any different to Level 7 because we had fans all the way around the stadium sat at the same height as us. You really felt part of the crowd.

When you are sat near the back of Level 7 and looking out over the town I find I feel totally isolated from the actual occasion. I hate it.

Expanding the Gallowgate wouldn't solve that, but it should alleviate it a bit, the upper tier would feel more enclosed than it currently does

7 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Doesn’t the listed facade go all the way around? Or does that imply only the part furthest away from the stadium?

Yes, it does.  Which is why that post didn’t make a lick of sense.  I don’t understand what exactly is being moved into Leazes Park

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yes, it does.  Which is why that post didn’t make a lick of sense.  I don’t understand what exactly is being moved into Leazes Park

Bricks.

10 hours ago, FCB said:

Friends of Leazes Park Chair has put together a proposal to move Leazes Terrace into Leazes Park, keeping only the listed building facade.

If approved by Newcastle City Council & English Heritage, would potentially allow NUFC to expand the East Stand of St. James’ Park.

The amount of humble pie being gorged on by people will be something to behold if this happens. :lol:

10 hours ago, FCB said:

Is this something you've heard?

Out of interest is there anybody on here who wants us to stay at SJP at all costs willing to give up their seat & ticket for 2yrs therefore not able to attend for this to happen? 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Out of interest is there anybody on here who wants us to stay at SJP at all costs willing to give up their seat & ticket for 2yrs therefore not able to attend for this to happen? 

Right: two years with a much smaller capacity or move someplace else for two years (seems unlikely). The more you think about it, a new ground makes most sense.

6 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Wouldn’t we still have issues with St James’ Street even if this Leazes Terrace idea was true?

It seems to me moving North West and building 3/4 of the new ground ahead of time is the only remotely feasible "stay" option otherwise it's go elsewhere. The question is how much opposition would there be to taking a piece of Leazes Park?

Edited by OverThere

13 hours ago, FCB said:

I thought Beamish had already baggsied taking Leazers Terrace when it gets relocated, there’ll be absolute Victorian-era hell on if they’ve been gazumped 

The Friends of Leazers Terrace Chair will be getting whipped with a birch and forced to work as a pit pony 

Edited by bobbydazzla

12 minutes ago, OverThere said:

It seems to me moving North West and building 3/4 of the new ground ahead of time is the only remotely feasible "stay" option otherwise it's go elsewhere. The question is how much opposition would there be to taking a piece of Leazes Park?

Just stick it on the grassland opposite the park ( north ) park saved jobs a good ' un . Plus just build a whole new ground whilst we use St James . No disruption no reduced capacity . Simples

Edited by Orphanage

20 hours ago, Ben said:

I am of course not as versed in the politics and rules over there but id have thought a land trade would make a hell of a ton of sense to make this work for the freeman. Also, the club could pay a land lease to the freeman that would help fund what’s needed to keep the rest of the park in working order. 

same goes for the 90s idea from SJH. Land trade, land lease. 

Edited by Kanji