St James' Park

Delima

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Out of interest what is the beef that people have with Tyneside Eddie?

I think he is just "too old" for some of the kiddiewinkies on here, that's all.

8 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I think he is just "too old" for some of the kiddiewinkies on here, that's all.

:lol: how patronising. 

My beef with him is that he's a know-nowt gobshite. 

I thought he was harmless enough until he started harassing the perfectly decent NUFC against sportswashing lads, wittering on about how human rights abuses aren't a thing in Saudi.

It's the sort of shite that just makes the fanbase look like bootlickers. I also generally just cba with the narcissistic attention-seeking you get from the likes of him. I've actually tried to engage with him a couple of times in comments sections and he just doesn't want to know unless you're kissing his arse. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

:lol: how patronising. 

Not in the slightest bit patronising, it shines out in so many of the comments about him.

I have never found the need to judge the quality of peoples opinions based on their age, but that is a very common occurrence on here.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Not in the slightest bit patronising, it shines out in so many of the comments about him.

I have never found the need to judge the quality of peoples opinions based on their age, but that is a very common occurrence on here.

I guess this is why Adam Pearson is universally adored around these parts, then. :rolleyes:

Tbh I think the average age of regular contributors on here is far, far older than it was. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

My beef with him is that he's a know-nowt gobshite. 

He certainly does not always get everything factually correct, but he tries to be factual and usually he achieves it.

I am someone who believes in fact-based arguments and have received much criticism in the pre-takeover days for that.

Peoples 'opinions' are sometimes amusing to listen to, but in discussion facts are best.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I guess this is why Adam Pearson is universally adored around these parts, then. :rolleyes:

Age is certainly not the only reason why fashionable dislike can take hold, far from it !!!

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Adam P still a thing? Not complaining but he no longer appears in my recommended. 

Aye, still churning out regular content. I had a deeks yesterday actually. They're all cut from the same sort of cloth, like (the YouTubers), but tbf to Adam I've got quite a lot of respect for him for all the exposure he gives to the Women's team. He's done a canny job with that, I think.

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  Newcastle has never felt like a city - the centre feels like a large town.  You can walk from one end to the other and back on a single lunch break.  

The discussion is now moving away from 'what is the city centre?' to 'what makes a city a city?' 😀

I've stated several times on this forum that I've long believed the arena site is ideal for a new stadium. Location, setting, rail and metro connectivity, plenty of additional land surely available for training pitches, hospitality, residential - tick tick tick tick.

One or two people have made reference that no one goes to that end of town and there are only industrial units there? So? Canary Wharf was a swamp 30 years ago. An A-grade 70,000 stadium would attract other businesses like Boris Johnson to a fridge. That part of town would be transformed - and that would easily outweigh any drop off in business around the Haymarket area imo.

It's all just pontification for now but, as a couple of members have stated, the club does need a new stadium (in the city centre) in order to transform into one of the elite.

2 hours ago, loki679 said:

Move the Spurs stadium brick by brick to the arena site and jobs a good un.

Or we could buy the Spurs stadium, build a supersonic HS9 rail line, leave Central Station at 2.15pm and rock up at Seven Sisters Road well in time for kick-off at 3.

29 minutes ago, TomYam said:

Or we could buy the Spurs stadium, build a supersonic HS9 rail line, leave Central Station at 2.15pm and rock up at Seven Sisters Road well in time for kick-off at 3.

Yes but what about the bricks, where do we move them!

Interesting what he uncovered.

Just like the St James Metro site, its entirely possible that PIF will swoop in and purchase the 3 sites and the heliport guy I'm sure would be enticed by $$$. The main thing I got from it is that they have to decide reasonably soon before the houses are started.