St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

As long as is doesn't enter leazes terrace air space, it's Victorian grade 2 listed airspace.

Good point. 

Maybe the planning permission will go more smoothly if a part of the plan we fit Leazes Terrace with surface to air missiles to prevent any airspace incursions?

34 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Good point. 

Maybe the planning permission will go more smoothly if a part of the plan we fit Leazes Terrace with surface to air missiles to prevent any airspace incursions?

And as a nod to the historical importance of the terrace the SAM’s could be launched out of a blunderbuss that’s fired by the beadle from the parish workhouse 

If were going the floating stadium route - the has to be a team of dodgy looking blokes selling seafood like crab sticks and fishcakes wandering around.

Could really help our FFP balance sheet.

9 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

If were going the floating stadium route - the has to be a team of dodgy looking blokes selling seafood like crab sticks and fishcakes wandering around.

Could really help our FFP balance sheet.

You were so close to a great Simpsons reference there.

Several comments that if we don't build a new stadium will stay miles behind spurs, arsenal etc...

Are Liverpool, manure and citeh miles behind them too, given their stadiums? An upgraded St James would comfortably be their equal.

Edited by Karjala

3 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Several comments that if we don't build a new stadium will stay miles behind spurs, arsenal etc...

Are Liverpool, manure and citeh miles behind them too, given their stadiums?

Those clubs were already ahead of Spurs?

Just got a shot of Peter Silverstone’s desired outcome at Anfield - two full rows of Chinese or Japanese tourists, easy thirty odd in a block in the main stand, all dripping in fresh megastore merchandise.

30 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Are Liverpool, manure and citeh miles behind them too, given their stadiums? An upgraded St James would comfortably be their equal.

The club needs to massively build revenue streams in order to bridge the chasmic gap that has developed between us and the Cartel 5 (+ ManC). We have started the process but need to do so much more and an upgraded St.James's won't achieve that.

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

I know someone who’s out there working on it at Director level so get regular updates and they send me photos of what’s happening on sites

It’s wild to see it, when I show the on-site pics to my pals who work over here in civils or construction they’re blown away by the progress, scale and ambition 

I work in civils.  It’s a complete folly. 

40 minutes ago, Karjala said:

It’s not about crowd such only.  Adding a few thousand to the back of the Gallowgate (which I doubt is realistic) wouldn’t get us any closer to them.  It’s the lack of corporate and the lack of commercial revenue generated by the current SJP.  It isn’t fit for purpose. 

52 minutes ago, Karjala said:

I partially agree though Man United should be in the first group. They still have the highest matchday revenue and it will explode if they build a new stadium.

Man United, Spurs, and Arsenal are the top trio. Liverpool, City, and Chelsea in a second tier, though Liverpool and City both expanding.

Our matchday revenue last year was closer to Brentford and Palace than the ones above us.

It is possible to compete without joining the first group, but if you do that then you need to make up for that revenue gap somewhere. That’s either commercial or consistent player sales as you can’t count on consistently outperforming to raise broadcast revenue beyond the others.

Spurs went from £45m to over £100m in matchday revenue, plus it helps the commercial side also. I don’t know that it’d be realistic to catch the top without London prices but a new stadium could push on nine digits. A big question the owners have to be looking at is can we at least get into that second tier with an SJP expansion. If the numbers still fall short because of either capacity or corporate seating then they will need to seriously consider building new (or lowering their ambitions).

Edited by timeEd32

Friend went to see Sarah Miilican recently at the City Hall . Doors opened super early at 6.30 and once in you werent allowed back out for the duration of the gig (security reasons ) . So with a 3pm kickoff just open the doors early - say noon and dont let anybody back out  till 7pm . Think of the food n drink you can sell em in 7 hours 🤓

Edited by Orphanage

Honestly could have taken or left it until I found myself on Northumberland Street and Haymarket bus station ten minutes before kickoff vs. City. Glimpses of the level 7 lights from all over the place and I'd forgotten how monumental it sounds from the town; then everybody spilling out afterwards and not just heading for cars then going home.  Getting on for a unique experience now I guess, it's to be treasured.

Edited by OpenC

6 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Should just build it underground. Then we can make it as big as we want it. 

Good point, remember there's the right to light too, so if it's underground then we everything around and above it needs destroyed to allow natural light into the pit

3 hours ago, Orphanage said:

Friend went to see Sarah Miilican recently at the City Hall . Doors opened super early at 6.30 and once in you werent allowed back out for the duration of the gig (security reasons ) . So with a 3pm kickoff just open the doors early - say noon and dont let anybody back out  till 7pm . Think of the food n drink you can sell em in 7 hours 🤓

Just think about all the gallons of hot piss too 

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s not about crowd such only.  Adding a few thousand to the back of the Gallowgate (which I doubt is realistic) wouldn’t get us any closer to them.  It’s the lack of corporate and the lack of commercial revenue generated by the current SJP.  It isn’t fit for purpose. 

So Anfield and old Trafford are? If they can achieve it, I'm sure a revamped SJP can.