St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

19 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

The point made about stadium rebuild/expansion meaning it'll be more affordable for people with less money has hardly any credibility like.

Spurs' stadium is often pointed to as what we could have if we do it right.

If this is doing it right I'd rather do it the 'wrong' way.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeaVqbKd/

Aye but Levy is a fucking greedy cunt who was always going to do that.

You can still build a new stadium and fuck over pensioners.

ive been told by someone that we are exploring a new training facility up near the airport.

Which to be fair makes a lot of sense as they all pretty much live in Darras Hall anyway

4 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

ive been told by someone that we are exploring a new training facility up near the airport.

Which to be fair makes a lot of sense as they all pretty much live in Darras Hall anyway

Time to make Sir John Hall an even richer man

Whatever happens, it's vital the seating arrangements incorporate more signing/standing sections. If the gallowgate end was extended to match the rest of the ground, it would be a thing of beauty. Some great pictures here someone has posted over the years: https://www.facebook.com/GallowgateExpansion/photos I would miss the sloped roof, but there's no doubting how imposing and intimidating this would be. You could get an additional seats in the L4 milburn/gallowgate corner and along with the new L7 seats you could get an extra 8k seats, possibly 9k who knows. This would take the capacity to potentially 61k. Is there a reason why we don't host more gigs etc for additional revenue? Perhaps there would be more scope with additional inside facilities added to a new gallowgate end? Capacity wise, I think 61k is enough and it's important to keep some element of demand as someone said earlier.  

275193023_5422872697725859_7038478028141132801_n.jpg

343014980_245901791298574_7482766077132128196_n.jpg

Edited by timnufc22

Would people be bothered if we ever renamed the stadium if the future? Is is a big deal - not from Newcastle so don’t know what the feeling would be - Obviously don’t want an obscure name like KitKat arena - something like Adidas Arena, Allianz Stadium, Aramco Arena etc etc 

18 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not sure I’d care that much. It’ll always be St. James’ Park. Football’s a carcass anyway in terms of the off-pitch stuff

Yeah it’s an avenue we would have to explore I’d guess - I suppose for many the stadium being as (location) probably means more 

One of the things we have to improve is the concourses in the ground - they are awful - I suppose lack of size doesn’t help but the in ground experience is so bad 

37 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Would people be bothered if we ever renamed the stadium if the future? Is is a big deal - not from Newcastle so don’t know what the feeling would be - Obviously don’t want an obscure name like KitKat arena - something like Adidas Arena, Allianz Stadium, Aramco Arena etc etc 

As a compromise I’d rather go with a new sponsors’ logos on both panelling underneath the tv screens where sports direct used to be (I say both assuming a Gallowgate extension replicates the leazes) aswell as other arenas of the ground (bench, milburn reception) and a sponsored training ground. I know both wouldn’t bring the same money as an official ground name but it would still be a decent chunk. 

36 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not sure I’d care that much. It’ll always be St. James’ Park. Football’s a carcass anyway in terms of the off-pitch stuff

Thats why staying put will get next to nothing for doing this. We have set a precident on SJP naming worth that am sure the PL will point to to stop us getting anything worthwhile

Was early for meeting my friend at the boozer yesterday so I had a wander around Leazes Terrace. It really is a beautiful building like. So much bigger than I realised too, moving it brick by brick to Beamish would be hard work. 

I don't know who else has it but one thing I've noticed recently is Man City's advertising hoardings are obnoxiously big. They seem to be twice the height. I assume everyone will do it soon. Not sure if that would require killing the first row? 

13 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I don't know who else has it but one thing I've noticed recently is Man City's advertising hoardings are obnoxiously big. They seem to be twice the height. I assume everyone will do it soon. Not sure if that would require killing the first row? 

Is it not one of the requirements to host specific games? They may have built it like that rather than other grounds that end up having the first row missing when required. Or like you say its money and nowt else

It's two rows of boards, that's why the look so big,

City had to remove around 1,100 seats to install them. 

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Is it not one of the requirements to host specific games? They may have built it like that rather than other grounds that end up having the first row missing when required. Or like you say its money and nowt else

For some reason I only noticed it this season, but I just looked it up and they installed the two-tiered advertising boards in 2021 so they could offer "the most commercially valuable pitch side media space in the Premier League." Took out 1,100 seats to do it.

5 hours ago, timnufc22 said:

Whatever happens, it's vital the seating arrangements incorporate more signing/standing sections. If the gallowgate end was extended to match the rest of the ground, it would be a thing of beauty. Some great pictures here someone has posted over the years: https://www.facebook.com/GallowgateExpansion/photos I would miss the sloped roof, but there's no doubting how imposing and intimidating this would be. You could get an additional seats in the L4 milburn/gallowgate corner and along with the new L7 seats you could get an extra 8k seats, possibly 9k who knows. This would take the capacity to potentially 61k. Is there a reason why we don't host more gigs etc for additional revenue? Perhaps there would be more scope with additional inside facilities added to a new gallowgate end? Capacity wise, I think 61k is enough and it's important to keep some element of demand as someone said earlier.  

As much as it makes sense for a complete rebuild.....that looks absolutely mint. 

Another thing explored in a rebuild is the possibility of shifting the pitch into the milburn and raising it so pitch level is above where the press boxes are, then construct the new east stand further away from leazes terrace with the extra space, that would also enable more scope to fill out the east stand corners that hold barely 2000 each. 

The new east stand could contain new changing rooms, tunnel and media/TV

11 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

As much as it makes sense for a complete rebuild.....that looks absolutely mint. 

Another thing explored in a rebuild is the possibility of shifting the pitch into the milburn and raising it so pitch level is above where the press boxes are, then construct the new east stand further away from leazes terrace with the extra space, that would also enable more scope to fill out the east stand corners that hold barely 2000 each. 

The new east stand could contain new changing rooms, tunnel and media/TV

How much distance/could that potentially buy us do you think (away from Leazes Terrace)?

6 hours ago, timnufc22 said:

Disappointing lack of Alan Barnes in those pics

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Its absolutely rancid to look at

On telly it’s impossible to watch the blokes kicking a football about because their LED’s are so fucking massive

And don’t get me started on the LED’s they’ve installed in their stairs that face the pitch 

LED’s are subhuman scum 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Its absolutely rancid to look at

On telly it’s impossible to watch the blokes kicking a football about because their LED’s are so fucking massive

And don’t get me started on the LED’s they’ve installed in their stairs that face the pitch 

LED’s are subhuman scum 

Tell us how you really feel about LED’s