St James' Park

Delima

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Seeing the Milburn and Leazes Stand towering above the city from the Hilton was fucking incredible last weekend; if the Gallowgate is increased to match height that would be pretty amazing. 

Just want the new capacity to allow more of our fans into the stadium; so keep it there or move it - I hate seeing our own not be able to get into to watch us live, particularly with the 3p blackout rules that fuck it up if you don't have a dodgy way to watch. 

Any stadium expansion needs to allow loads of radge packets in. 

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

If it's just Gallowgate extension you wouldn't have to. You could do a large amount of the work while the existing is place - then complete during off season like Liverpool did. Only likely a small period of time with reduced capacity.

This just a hunch or have you heard something?

Just now, Turnbull2000 said:

The only way to achieve 60k+ is to expand the Gallogate, surely? But they've just about completed the Stack which is to remain in place for 3 years. Something doesn't tally.

Thats right, we can’t start extending until after euro 2028 as SJP is hosting games 

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

As long as you put us where we’re supposed to be I’ll be happy.

On the receiving end of a hiding? [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

The only way to achieve 60k+ is to expand the Gallogate, surely? But they've just about completed the Stack which is to remain in place for 3 years. Something doesn't tally.

You could probably expand the Gallowgate without encroaching too much onto the new Stack site I reckon?

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Thats right, we can’t start extending until after euro 2028 as SJP is hosting games 

Yeah, that would be a bit shit. Lets say they commence 2029, 3 year programme. That's pretty much a decade from buy out.

Edited by Turnbull2000

1 hour ago, tgarve said:

There will be plenty when the prices are jumping 30% for people who were on the 10 year deal

Be more than 30%: £467 -> £764 (assuming another 5% average price hike next season) so that'll be near on a 64% increase for a seat in the gallowgate for those coming off the "10 year" deal

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

This just a hunch or have you heard something?

Was it not Manor Park that said the Gallowgate wasnt structurally strong enough to simply extend? Would need completely removed and rebuilt as it was literally built over the old footprint or something

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Why on earth would the lease not be agreed though? 

Newcastle City Council aren’t exactly the easiest in the world to deal with

Just now, Jack27 said:

Newcastle City Council aren’t exactly the easiest in the world to deal with

They can't be any worse than Simarc. :lol: It's in the Council's interests for the club to extend the lease.

2 minutes ago, OCK said:
39 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Get the Saudis to 9/11 that shite.

Chris Farley GIF by Leroy Patterson

Obviously wtf.

...but Chris Farley man, absolute force of nature [emoji38]

41 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Gallogate? Fuckin hell!

I reckon they'll demolish the East Stand and rebuild full of hospitality.

After being there at the weekend, the view you get from those seats is too primo to be a "standard" price.

50 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

The Stack is literally just shipping containers. You can pick it up and move it in a week if needed.

Just now, Sima said:

After being there at the weekend, the view you get from those seats is too primo to be a "standard" price.

AirBNB deal with the terrace houses behind. 

19 minutes ago, Sima said:

Yeah, put the posh seats and the cameras in the East Stand and make the rest amazing I reckon.  I still think three big sides and one small looks like Parkhead which looks amazing I think, and doesn't traditionally struggle for atmosphere.

Oh and change the font back :lol:

Edited by OpenC