St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, NUFC91 said:

Sadly our fans aren't 'united' enough to do that..it's 'their' seat "why should I move"

Unfortunately for them, the clue is in the name. Season ticket. 

I should say I am someone who wouldn't be able to stand for 90+min and used to have a ST in the exact area I'm talking about. 

6 minutes ago, Scoot said:

It's not their seat though, they rent it from the club on a season by season basis.

If people actually cared about the club but still didn't want to sing, surely they would vacate their seat to be replaced by someone who wants to stand and sing in order to improve the atmosphere?

A new stadium fixes this and possibly the atmosphere problem. Safe standing behind both goals, call it the singing sections and make them the cheapest in the ground. Sell more season tickets, so people are familiar with who they sit next to. You're far more likely to make noise if you're next to people you know rather than winning a ballot and sitting on your todd next to strangers. If there HAS to be a ballot, make it a single section out of the way somewhere the TV camera's don't pick up.

Was in the L7 corner last night at the front.

Group of lads being me didn’t seem remotely interested in the game and were just updating each other on the scores in the Champions League games and another couple of lads next to me fucked off on 35 minutes with one returning on 57 minutes and the other returning in the 73rd minute.  

They all knew each other so they must be ST holders.

Where the fuck do you go in the ground for nearly an hour?

Edited by Sima

1 hour ago, Andy84 said:

Hasn’t the arena site been sold for housing 

It’s been ‘Master Planned’ and the land has been sold, however master planning doesn’t mean to say that housing, although desperately needed, will happen. Up to the club I guess.

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

It’s been ‘Master Planned’ and the land has been sold, however master planning doesn’t mean to say that housing, although desperately needed, will happen. Up to the club I guess.

Yeah, until they build on it, or sell it to developers, then Homes England will always be willing to sell it providing they can get an alternative site for housing.

45 minutes ago, Sima said:

Was in the L7 corner last night at the front.

Group of lads being me didn’t seem remotely interested in the game and were just updating each other on the scores in the Champions League games and another couple of lads next to me fucked off on 35 minutes with one returning on 57 minutes and the other returning in the 73rd minute.  

They all knew each other so they must be ST holders.

Where the fuck do you go in the ground for nearly an hour?

was completely shite on the pitch, like.

14 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m basing it on last few years the support couldn’t be arsed to even stand at Wembley it was embarrassing.

Wembley for me was a massive eye opener. As disappointed as I was with the result our support that day for such a big occasion was pitiful. Looking up and seeing the Upper Tier sat in near silence was awful. So far removed compared to our other Wembley appearances, plus Cardiff which was genuinely spine tingling and we went from totally drowning out the Mancs on that occasion to being totally outung by them last year.

My one abiding memory of that League Cup final was at HT a yoingish lass going absolutely mental with everyone for not getting behind the team. A truely horrific day all round.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

This is an issue every single time we get returns from an away club.

We then put them on sale, but not specifically as safe standing, so people buy them initially, not knowing that’s what they are. 

So you end up with a mix of people that want to stand and people that don’t, which obviously doesn’t work, and then everyone has to sit down.

The club need to either sell them as specifically safe standing, or sell them as normal seating with some kind of note that safe standing is not in use for that game. And the stewards in that area need to be told the craic one way or the other to try and prevent any disputes.

It's officially a safe standing area. If some fans wanted to stand can the stewards force them to sit down if they're blocking the view of people who want to sit like they could in a seated area?

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Wembley for me was a massive eye opener. As disappointed as I was with the result our support that day for such a big occasion was pitiful. Looking up and seeing the Upper Tier sat in near silence was awful. So far removed compared to our other Wembley appearances, plus Cardiff which was genuinely spine tingling and we went from totally drowning out the Mancs on that occasion to being totally outung by them last year.

My one abiding memory of that League Cup final was at HT a yoingish lass going absolutely mental with everyone for not getting behind the team. A truely horrific day all round.

I think the club's allocation of tickets for the final was questionable. I think they gave far too many to corporate.

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

It's not their seat though, they rent it from the club on a season by season basis.

If people actually cared about the club but still didn't want to sing, surely they would vacate their seat to be replaced by someone who wants to stand and sing in order to improve the atmosphere?

Sadly not with a lot of our supporters, they'll bitch and moan, there was women who kicked off massively in strawberry corner as she didn't want to stand...sad state of affairs

16 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

It's officially a safe standing area. If some fans wanted to stand can the stewards force them to sit down if they're blocking the view of people who want to sit like they could in a seated area?

I don’t know what the current stewarding policy is in that area tbf. But it’s the ambiguous nature of the way club sell the tickets that’s exacerbating the issue. If it was made clear that it was a safe standing area, then you’d get far less people in there who didn’t want to stand.

8 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Sadly not with a lot of our supporters, they'll bitch and moan, there was women who kicked off massively in strawberry corner as she didn't want to stand...sad state of affairs

Tough shite. You've knowingly bought a ticket in the safe standing. 

17 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Tough shite. You've knowingly bought a ticket in the safe standing. 

Sounds like it wasn't knowingly. Still tough obviously. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

50 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I certainly don’t remember being outsung by Manure fans in the cup final. Their fans were embarrassingly bad that day, most of them fucked off twenty minutes before and they’d won the bloody thing. 

50 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Was a bit galling we’d mocked the mackems for their no shows at Wembley in terms of support and then we were exactly the same. Even on Baker Street and coming up Wembley Way there just wasn’t that same radged up support I’d become accustomed to on these occasions, was really deflating and depressing, whatever people say about the Mancs they made far more noise in the stadium than we did.

Like you say night and day between LC Final and Cardiff when we got absolutely hammered.

2 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

I certainly don’t remember being outsung by Manure fans in the cup final. Their fans were embarrassingly bad that day, most of them fucked off twenty minutes before and they’d won the bloody thing. 

we absolutely were. you could hear a pin drop in our end, I was in the standing bit as well, it was embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

They were much louder during the 90 minutes.

26 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Was a bit galling we’d mocked the mackems for their no shows at Wembley in terms of support and then we were exactly the same. Even on Baker Street and coming up Wembley Way there just wasn’t that same radged up support I’d become accustomed to on these occasions, was really deflating and depressing, whatever people say about the Mancs they made far more noise in the stadium than we did.

Like you say night and day between LC Final and Cardiff when we got absolutely hammered.

We had the other end of the ground so a lot of fans never went near Wembley way or Baker St

All I'll say about Wembley is that it cemented my absolute hatred of Man Utd and their fan base. Sang about Shearer and booed Karius. That's all I remember. And Wembley is basically a Home game for the London crowd as well. I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but I have to admit to being slightly overawed by the whole Wembley thing, it didn't feel real. I didn't think we were the meek and quiet crowd that some make it out, but it was disappointing not to hear the Blaydon Races at least once. I'm angry all over again now, fucking Pope getting sent off against Liverpool was so disastrous.

2 hours ago, NUFC_Chris said:

We very much were. I was directly behind our goal and could hear them more than I could hear us lot. And "most" of them didn't fuck off 20 mins before the end either [emoji38]

Compared to the 3 other times I've seen us play them at a neutral venue where we completely drowned them out for 90 minutes despite getting battered on the pitch it was a massive disappointment. Could tell our fans weren't up for it in the pubs beforehand and walking down Wembley Way.