St James' Park

Delima

This a good move, both from a financial viewpoint and a practical viewpoint

If most of you took your anti Ashley glasses off you would see that

Wake up people it's the way football is going. Stay pace or get left behind

WE AREN'T GETTING ANY MONEY FROM IT.

and another thing.  If he's finding it hard to sustain running the club 'during these hard economic times'  has he never considered putting the club up for sale again and clawing back as much as he can?  Seems a logical option to me.

because theres no buyers

bollocks.  If he put the club up for sale for a reasonable price I think we'd get a buyer.  If there has been any private interest he'll be increasing the price because we're nearly 'self-sufficient'

define "reasonable price" because you can be sure to Ashley a reasonable price is at least getting all the cash he's spent on the club back and I don't see anyone atm paying near £300m for NUFC

£300m is reasonable.  The basis is there in the stadium and fanbase for someone (be it Russian, American, middle-Eastern or whatever) with serious wealth to take the club to the next step on the field and reap the financial benefits off it.

:lol:

The current STs don't have SJP written on it. Wonder if next year's (or the ones under the current deal) will have SDA on it. If anyone hasn't received theirs yet have a look when they arrive would be interested to know

Destroyed fan morale at a crucial point, not getting any money from it, makes us look a laughing stock.  You're displaying battered wife syndrome again.

Again, would prefer to be scrapping around the lower leagues with someone with a clue in charge and at least be able to take pride in the club. 

and another thing.  If he's finding it hard to sustain running the club 'during these hard economic times'  has he never considered putting the club up for sale again and clawing back as much as he can?  Seems a logical option to me.

because theres no buyers

bollocks.  If he put the club up for sale for a reasonable price I think we'd get a buyer.  If there has been any private interest he'll be increasing the price because we're nearly 'self-sufficient'

define "reasonable price" because you can be sure to Ashley a reasonable price is at least getting all the cash he's spent on the club back and I don't see anyone atm paying near £300m for NUFC

£300m is reasonable.  The basis is there in the stadium and fanbase for someone (be it Russian, American, middle-Eastern or whatever) with serious wealth to take the club to the next step on the field and reap the financial benefits off it.

The Frenchies love us, maybe we'll get Jean Claude Baguette to take over.

to me this isn't an Ashley issue totally, its just another sad day for Football, I understand this is the way things are going it doesn't mean any of us have to like it or like the path football is increasingly going down

Guest bimpy474

Might be blind hope but if this commercial interest doesn't materialise, could you see them changing it back? They can claim they listened to the fans and learnt from their mistakes etc. Maybe around season ticket renewal time.

Absolutely not. That's one of my biggest problems with this; it'll never go back now, same with the signs up everywhere.

And the only thing that pisses me off too

However

Bottom line is we have a very good system now in place at the club, particularly in player recruitment. If this money is channelled in the right way added to the extra revenue success brings we really could see ourselves as major players in the league again and not just half a season wonders

I understand the history, I really do, but at the end of the day it's about how competitive we are on the pitch!

What would you take

SJP name and finish 8-14 every year

Different name top 6 most years

I'm not saying it will be the defining feature, but it will definately help!

We are not getting any f***ing money. How difficult is this to understand?

And what if he does sell the naming rights on to someone else, what then ?

It's been two years already. Where are these big wigs with their bags of cash?

FFS, sorry frustrating but i've said this twice already, we weren't sitting 3rd in the league getting this much coverage, he is exploiting our good start for all its worth.

Might be blind hope but if this commercial interest doesn't materialise, could you see them changing it back? They can claim they listened to the fans and learnt from their mistakes etc. Maybe around season ticket renewal time.

Absolutely not. That's one of my biggest problems with this; it'll never go back now, same with the signs up everywhere.

However

Bottom line is we have a very good system now in place at the club, particularly in player recruitment. If this money is channelled in the right way added to the extra revenue success brings we really could see ourselves as major players in the league again and not just half a season wonders

I understand the history, I really do, but at the end of the day it's about how competitive we are on the pitch!

What would you take

FFS, sorry frustrating but i've said this twice already, we weren't sitting 3rd in the league getting this much coverage, he is exploiting our good start for all its worth.

Forgot these business owners are fucking thick and don't know what a stadium sponsorship is.

Guest sicko2ndbest

However

What would you take

If you read the articles it tells you!

However

What would you take

So will he be changing it back if we lose the next three and slip down the table?

Guest johnson293

However

What would you take

That is their justification though - no-one came forward with the current naming being company name@st james park.

Maybe all the major companies approached have wanted it to be The 'company name stadium/arena'.

Ian Dennis (was on 5live earlier)

Newcastle United and St James' Park are synonymous but it's more than just a name to the Newcastle fans. The Geordies are deeply proud of their stadium that has stood in the heart of the city since 1892. I don't think the club wish to be disrespectful to the club's history and they are aware its an emotive issue but believe they have to move with the times. While the name might be different, the ground will never change and will always be St James' Park.

But the club is his company, whether we like it or not, he owns it completely, it his losses or profits, i hate but its reality.

It's being claimed that the club will benefit financially from the name change, it'll not benefit this year, if it ever will.

However

What would you take

Companies wouldn't touch the poison chalice of branding created by this oaf when it was an email address, they won't when it's an arena.  It's SDA until we get taken over again.

I'd rather be left behind

Exactly what came into my mind.

Guest bimpy474

However

What would you take

We are not getting any fucking money. How difficult is this to understand?

Why would he when his shitty company is getting free worldwide advertising? Wake up.

John Hall said this was the plan all along in the original buyout discussions.

Accept that but the fair play rules feck that up for him, the club itself has to generate its own money as the fair play rules state, well as i understand them, why do you think Man City's stadium naming rights were £400m, it was a cheating way to generate income for them.

Ashley profits made off our club for Sports Direct cant be put back in (not that he would) to the club as the fair play rules prevent the sugar daddy owner stuff, well supposedly.

Guest Jungle Barry

Someone touched on it earlier (apologies, can't be bothered to go back through the thread) and it was mentioned the FA could veto any name change. Is this definitely the case?

Should perhaps go in the stupid questions thread  :)

However

What would you take

And you believe that? It's come from the same man who when asked if St James Park would remain that name, said "Absolutely. In our reign, absolutely."

Oh yeah, and all the other countless lies.