St James' Park

Delima

There are either a lot more Newcastle fans with their tongue up Ashley's arse than I thought, or their views are far more likely to be aired on the radio.

Listened to various shows today and have heard loads saying they're not arsed or it's a brilliant move, not many dissenting voices at all.

There are either a lot more Newcastle fans with their tongue up Ashley's arse than I thought, or their views are far more likely to be aired on the radio.

Listened to various stations today and have heard loads saying they're not arsed or it's a brilliant move, not many dissenting voices at all.

You'd have thought they'd all post on here, cuz, you know, home of the ASHLEY APOLOGISTZ!!!

Listened to various stations today and have heard loads saying they're not arsed or it's a brilliant move, not many dissenting voices at all.

You'd have thought they'd all post on here, cuz, you know, home of the ASHLEY APOLOGISTZ!!!

:lol: I can't get my head around it, everyone on my Facebook was calling him a cunt.

£8 million for it? Isn't that what we paid for our excellent central midfield pairing?

When you add on sign-on fees, agent fees and necessary associated borehole costs, it comes up to circa £35m.

Listened to various shows today and have heard loads saying they're not arsed or it's a brilliant move, not many dissenting voices at all.

For the first time at work Ashley was getting slagged off by people who have little or no interest in football.

Heartening to see the comments from the Council and Jeff Stelling. Though I would fucking love it if everyone just ignored the new name and it completely failed as a concept, I can't help but feel that it eventually take over, the media will simply be threatened with being banned from games if they don't comply I guess.

Either way though, aside from my initial and continuing anger, what I find genuinely sad is that I don't think the ground will now ever go back to how it was before. Whoever owns it will never actively seek to reduce the amount of advertising income (or free marketing, in the case of Ashley) by removing it, and the same goes for the shite all over the Gallowgate roof etc.

The "Lady Grey" is still the "Adelphi" and 40 odd years after last standing under the roof of the noisiest end in football it's still the "Leazes End".

Owners will come and go, as will sponsors of this that and the other, but as long as there's a stadium on Gallowgate it will only ever be known as St.James' to Geordies irrespective of who pays for the naming rights.

The "Lady Grey" is still the "Adelphi" and 40 odd years after last standing under the roof of the noisiest end in football it's still the "Leazes End".

Owners will come and go, as will sponsors of this that and the other, but as long as there's a stadium on Gallowgate it will only ever be known as St.James' to Geordies irrespective of who pays for the naming rights.

yep- wil allways be St James Park, with East,West  Leazes and Gallowgates to me

It’s too late to rally against the commodification of football. It’s too late to complain about big business interests eclipsing that of the fans. There’s no innocent parties that can actually complain in earnest without having to shoulder some of the guilt for this happening. You’ve paid over the odds for season tickets, you’ve forked out for the latest hideous away shirt, you’ve applauded the signing of stars on huge salaries, you’ve ordered pay per view matches on your satellites. Football is a business and we’re all consumers. If you want success and competing at the highest level, this is the “ugly” reality of doing so. If you want to get back to grass roots and the purity of the game, you know where to find Gateshead.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/newcastle-fans-should-be-ecstatic-about-the-sports-direct-arena/

Why do people have to call it by it's new name anyway? Can you really sue a company for having employees calling something not by it's "real" name? Heard the BBC boss make Pryde, Ando & co stop calling St. James' Park, St. James' Park. Such a shit world.

"I would hope to generate between £8m-10m a year, that will give us another player," Llambias told BBC Newcastle.

One more player! Amazing. Don't forget that money has to pay for their entire four-year contract as well, so it's a £3m player. Whoopy fucking do, I bet the Manchester clubs are shitting themselves.

Why do people have to call it by it's new name anyway? Can you really sue a company for having employees calling something not by it's "real" name? Heard the BBC boss make Pryde, Ando & co stop calling St. James' Park, St. James' Park. Such a s*** world.

Strange decision for them bearing in mind you will never hear radio stations like radio newcastle, realradio or capital say tonight we have tickets for Rihanna/Snow Patrol for there concert at the Metro Radio Arena, they will just say at the Arena or Newcastle Arena.

Why do people have to call it by it's new name anyway? Can you really sue a company for having employees calling something not by it's "real" name? Heard the BBC boss make Pryde, Ando & co stop calling St. James' Park, St. James' Park. Such a shit world.

Is this for fucking real? ???

Heartening to see the comments from the Council and Jeff Stelling. Though I would f***ing love it if everyone just ignored the new name and it completely failed as a concept, I can't help but feel that it eventually take over, the media will simply be threatened with being banned from games if they don't comply I guess.

Either way though, aside from my initial and continuing anger, what I find genuinely sad is that I don't think the ground will now ever go back to how it was before. Whoever owns it will never actively seek to reduce the amount of advertising income (or free marketing, in the case of Ashley) by removing it, and the same goes for the s**** all over the Gallowgate roof etc.

From someone I know who works at the Beeb - "BBC policy says all references to Newcastle United's ground will have to be referred to as the Sports Direct Arena in all mentions and reports. Instruction has already gone out."

Heartening to see the comments from the Council and Jeff Stelling. Though I would f***ing love it if everyone just ignored the new name and it completely failed as a concept, I can't help but feel that it eventually take over, the media will simply be threatened with being banned from games if they don't comply I guess.

Either way though, aside from my initial and continuing anger, what I find genuinely sad is that I don't think the ground will now ever go back to how it was before. Whoever owns it will never actively seek to reduce the amount of advertising income (or free marketing, in the case of Ashley) by removing it, and the same goes for the s**** all over the Gallowgate roof etc.

From someone I know who works at the Beeb - "BBC policy says all references to Newcastle United's ground will have to be referred to as the Sports Direct Arena in all mentions and reports. Instruction has already gone out."

:(