St James' Park

Delima

Branson is worth £2.68336315 B

In assets, like most businessmen (Ashley included) he doesn't actually have the ability to go out and spend that much.

No of course that's his net worth... and it seems he is a Liverpool fan.

Here's an idea I came up with.

Probably will be laughed off though.

It could be a good opportunity for Virgin themselves and not limiting to just Virgin Money.

They could perhaps form a partnership with NUFC and not just a sponsorship deal. Northern Rock a few years ago created the opportunity to let fans pay for their season tickets over a period of time thanks to their financing packages. It would be possible for Virgin Money to do that again.

How about incentives for season ticket holders and club members? Free installation of Virgin Media services?, Cheaper flights with Virgin Atlantic? (some people on pprune seem to think Virgin will start services from Newcastle airport in 2013), cheaper contracts with Virgin mobile?

How about NUFC create a channel like other clubs do and it's exclusive to Virgin Media?

Called it.

In assets, like most businessmen (Ashley included) he doesn't actually have the ability to go out and spend that much.

:scared:

I don't think he's really a football fan to be honest. He's never came across as a guy who's passionate about much but business, even in his younger days. He likes to go around the world and do wacky stuff but I don't think he actually has one passion outside of business, just goes with the flow really.

Tonight? :lol:  seriously doubt that..

Dunno like.

That would be a relatively easy thing considering they are already our shirt sponsors, they are about to embark on the take-over marketing/advertising campaign and tonight's match will go out to one of the biggest TV audiences of the season.

:notbad:

Mad to think how much he's paid for NR and how much he'd have to pay for NUFC. Doubt he'd be interested in buying the club. NR will make ridiculous profits and NUFC not so.

How much would the club cost? £200M? I have no idea but it wouldn't be a sound investment.

I doubt he's interested in buying the club, however Virgin spent a hell of a lot of money in F1 so from Virgin's point of view the money is there (at least in advertisement terms) for the right deal.

Tonight? :lol:  seriously doubt that..

Dunno like.

That would be a relatively easy thing considering they are already our shirt sponsors, they are about to embark on the take-over marketing/advertising campaign and tonight's match will go out to one of the biggest TV audiences of the season.

Aye, would be a great opportunity. Presumably the news is embargoed, what better way to announce it.

I don't think he's really a football fan to be honest. He's never came across as a guy who's passionate about much but business, even in his younger days. He likes to go around the world and do wacky stuff but I don't think he actually has one passion outside of business, just goes with the flow really.

Very true, didn't he once look at buying Crystal Palace ?

But I think if we had to have an owner who loved football then I would want a Toon fan.. if it was a non football lover then it would not matter. Although why a rich bloke who did not like football would buy a club I have no idea other than to try and fuck it over Ashley style.

Don't think he has any interest in owning us anyway, just sounding it out.

The board keeps telling me there's a new post in this thread but it's just Stifler's above post every time.

EDIT: Fixed now.

Actually no it isn't. Every time Stifler is the last poster it tells me there's a new post in the thread. Fixes itself whenever someone else is the last poster.

Tonight? Fast movers!

Well Virgin agreed to buy Northern Rock in November and agreed it would go trough on January 1st, so really Virgin being on our shirts could have been happening tonight no matter what the outcome of these suspected rumours are.

Well they would get a worldwide audience with us playing Man Utd which might be attractive as they are launching the new company at present.

It's all about PR with Branson. Just look at his involvement with F1 - signed up to sponsor Brawn (British team in the shite financially) and generated a bit of decent PR, turned out they were quite good so turned up at every race mugging for the camera alongside Button's Dad. Next season he invested in a smaller team with less success and has never been seen since.

Aye, would be a great opportunity. Presumably the news is embargoed, what better way to announce it.

It'll be just like when Ashley confirmed the Coloccini signing by turning up with the name on the back of his shirt :lol:

Guest johnson293

I would have thought any shirt/stadium rebrand, by whichever company bought the rights, wouldn't happen until after the olympics anyway, if all branding has to be removed for that anyway.

I think the shirt sponsor will remain as Northern Rock until the end of the season... unless that can't happen once the Virgin Money takeover is complete and NR is in effect, non-existent.

Tonight? Fast movers!

Well Virgin agreed to buy Northern Rock in November and agreed it would go trough on January 1st, so really Virgin being on our shirts could have been happening tonight no matter what the outcome of these suspected rumours are.

Well they would get a worldwide audience with us playing Man Utd which might be attractive as they are launching the new company at present.

Exactly what I'm saying, the thing is though because Northern Rock is now Virgin Money we could have been having Virgin on our shirts in anyway tonight.

If we do then it still can't be taken as confirmation in the rumours over our stadium name or even for next seasons sponsorship rights.

It'll be just like when Ashley confirmed the Coloccini signing by turning up with the name on the back of his shirt :lol:

That never happened surely? :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2012/01/04/richard-branson-hosts-newcastle-staff-party-72703-30058266/

"Ms Gadhia said the Northern Rock and Virgin Money brands would “co-exist” for the coming months as the rebranding exercise takes place.

But she said the name would not be changing on Newcastle United’s shirts – for tonight’s game against Manchester United, which she is attending."