St James' Park

Delima

You could think Ashley is doing a brilliant job, but still hate the idea of the stadium being renamed. I think people are clever enough to hold different opinions on different issues. Just because people are upset at the stadium renaming doesnt mean the pitchforks are coming out and hits are being sorted for Ashley and Llambais.

Surely a lit projection of the wording is the answer.

What can be done about it? Is it illegal?

Not a bad idea like!

City council should do it tbh. in massive f***ing writing across the stands

I reckon they should put up massive St. James' Park street signs where the original sign was.

(Maybe a street sign right by Shearer's too).

Its pople like sickofsecondbest who allow our game and our clubs to be taken from us because they can be bought with "progress". I'll give you progress. Going from 3rd to 2nd in 3 years. CL footy. Signing Alan Shearer for a world record fee. That's progress. Or how about 36K seater stadium to 53K! Getting promoted and sitting around in 6th place is not f***ing worth the renaming of a historic f***ing landmark. Nothing is, especially when progress can be made without such detestable decisions. This name change has been done in spite and that's the worst part of it all. He's laughing his f***ing head off and you're buying it :lol: all because we are 6th. Big f***ing deal. We used to finish in the top 6 all the f***ing time a few years back.

When was the last time we were 6th? Or is the best league position in nearly 10 years not progress in your books?

We are sixth despite Ashley not because of him!!

If he had shown a modicum of ambition last summer we would be at the top IMO.

Some of the Ashley fanboys in this thread are beyond the pale. The graffiti is a marvelous response to his attitude.  Long may it continue.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltobexLN41qcjzcm.gif

We adequately replaced the big players that we've lost and improved the squad in other areas. Ambition is not equivalent to throwing massive amounts of money around to buy household Premiership names. If he has sanctioned Carr and Pardew's to implement their transfer policy, he's done extremely well.

You could think Ashley is doing a brilliant job, but still hate the idea of the stadium being renamed. I think people are clever enough to hold different opinions on different issues. Just because people are upset at the stadium renaming doesnt mean the pitchforks are coming out and hits are being sorted for Ashley and Llambais.

Whey! Someone who listens to an opposing view and bothers to not resort to complete polar reaction. I for one am made up at the league position but not the expense of the one thing that all fans uninanimously love. It's a abhorrent decision.

Whey! Someone who listens to an opposing view and bothers to not resort to complete polar reaction. I for one am made up at the league position but not the expense of the one thing that all fans uninanimously love. It's a abhorrent decision.

Totally agree, I agree with the majority of the stuff Ashley has done but I don't have a problem with specific action against this particularly bad decision.

What sort of warped world do you have to live in when you equate changing the name of the ground with the league position?

Is it 7th and above = change the ground name, 5th = the colours, 4th = the name of the club and being champions = move the club lock, stock and barrel to Budapest?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Replace with a brand

Brand pays us approx 10mil per season

Revenue goes into team

Team becomes better

Team finishes higher in league goes further in cup comps

*Waits for its SD though argument ..........

Guest The_Miz

Replace with a brand

Revenue goes into team

Team becomes better

Not neccesarily true. We'll all be calling him an asshole come summer when he refuses to give the likes of Colo a new deal and accepts offers for our better players.

Replace with a brand

Revenue goes into team

Team becomes better

You really fall for it, don't you?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Replace with a brand

Revenue goes into team

Team becomes better

You really fall for it, don't you?

I know the counter arguments and in some cases they are valid

However, I was asked a question...

waiting for 'its SD though' argument?  Thats the fucking point man.  We're NOT MAKING ANY MONEY FROM THIS.

Why couldn't they just have said, 'its SJP, but we're willing to sell the naming rights.  Any offers?' rather than 'showcasing' ( :lol:) the idea by calling it the SDA.  As if the MD's of multi-billion pound corporations are unable to fathom what buying the naming rights to a stadium will be like.  :lol:

In the mean time, we've got a bunch of pissed off fans, a stadium with a fucking silly name and an owner rubbing his hands with delight that he's been able to drum up more publicity for his tacky business.

How is any of the above taking the club forward?

Guest The_Miz

To what extent is Ashley responsible for our league position? Should credit be laid at Pardews door?

Nah he won't play Ben Arfa, he should be sacked.

It must be Steve Stone.

This Ben Arfa stuff has went too far like. He is clearly a talented player, but he is not our Keanu Reeves. I just can't bring myself to criticise Pards considering the league position he has got us in this season.

Replace with a brand

Revenue goes into team

Team becomes better

You really think another brand are going to buy the naming rights? The reaction to the whole Sports Direct Arena thing has been nearly all bad. Personally I don't think they have ever intended selling the naming rights, its just an excuse to get the Sports Direct branding in.

Say Panasonic come in in the summer and buy the naming rights, do people really think all the Sports Direct branding and advertising comes down on the Gallowgate roof, the East Stand, all the advertising banners in the ground, those big advertising boards on the back of the stands, and the big banner on the pitch, all to be replaced by Panasonic or another brand? I don't think so somehow. Rightly or wrongly, the whole stunt is to promote Sports Direct in my opinion.

:clap: :clap: :clap: