St James' Park

Delima

Bringing in all these jet washers is costing the club money and the longer it goes on, the less chance we have of buying players and winning the league.

:lol:

I fully expect that to to be peddled at some point.

Guest Brazilianbob

Bringing in all these jet washers is costing the club money and the longer it goes on, the less chance we have of buying players and winning the league.

No its actually putting off sponsors from stumping up anything from £10m to £20m for renaming the ground which could go towards player purchases.

What gets me is the longer fans keep putting this graffitti up, the more sponsors will be put off and the longer the ground will be called Sports Direct Arena instead of something like  "Virgin Media @ St James Park".

These no marks just haven't thought through their actions because Ashley will be quite happy to keep it as the Sports Direct Arena to promote his shops.

No its actually putting off sponsors from stumping up anything from £10m to £20m for renaming the ground which could go towards player purchases.

What gets me is the longer fans keep putting this graffitti up, the more sponsors will be put off and the longer the ground will be called Sports Direct Arena instead of something like  "Virgin Media @ St James Park".

These no marks just haven't thought through their actions because Ashley will be quite happy to keep it as the Sports Direct Arena to promote his shops.

Brilliant, the fans are costing the club between £10 and £20 million, that's between £10 and £20 million that nobody has been willing to stump up so far.  Stick to facts, it's costing the club a few quid to wash off, nothing more.

Please, just stop peddling the Ashley wants to invest in the team line. I don't think he does at all.

Mike Ashley said he bought NUFC to promote SD. This is a fact told by SJH.

So he can blame the fans all he likes. Only the ignorant will buy it.

"Oh, but it's a showcase so potential sponsors can see how it will look!"

Let's make one thing very clear: Companies who can shell out £10M+ (per year or whatever) will know more about marketing and sponsorship than most, and would never need this crap (scrapyardesque signs) to pursued them.

It's a joke and a massive con. Even marketing experts worldwide have said it's a bad idea.

It's been for the benefit of SD...not NUFC.

http://www.more-japan.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/captainobvious.jpg

Any other brand would be very reluctant to make a move like renaming our stadium, with or without the graffiti. Everybody knows how unpopular it would make them. The mythical white knight who would buy the rights and then use the original name probably doesn't exist either. It was always going to be SD for the forseeable future.

I'm in favour of targeted action like this basically, it's a clear way to express the specific anger towards this decision. Hope it continues.

Guest Brazilianbob

Brilliant, the fans are costing the club between £10 and £20 million, that's between £10 and £20 million that nobody has been willing to stump up so far.  Stick to facts, it's costing the club a few quid to wash off, nothing more.

Stick to facts he says!  Thats rich coming from a forum where every thread is largely based upon frenzied supposition! 

Any other brand would be very reluctant to make a move like renaming our stadium, with or without the graffiti. Everybody knows how unpopular it would make them. The mythical white knight who would buy the rights and then use the original name probably doesn't exist either. It was always going to be SD for the forseeable future.

Would it though?  Not that I'm eager to see it renamed The Virgin Arena or something but why would any cannons of fan ire stop firing on the S.S. Ashley and swivel towards the sponsors?  "At least it's not the godawful SportsDirect arena" has to count for something :lol:

mick lowes of radio newcastle is currently on his knees outside dereks office begging him to make this official policy, so he can respect him.

i'm still shocked that people like brazilianbob think we are showcasing "sportsdirect arena".  Ashley has never had any intention of selling the rights, if he was someone would have took up the offer by now as its being "showcased" for over 2 years now! SJP is being used as a giant Advertising board for his company!

mick lowes of radio newcastle is currently on his knees outside dereks office begging him to make this official policy, so he can respect him.

Probably true that. :lol: Was absolutely fuming when I heard the fat twunt effectively telling them to get on with it, live on national radio.

Guest Brazilianbob

i'm still shocked that people like brazilianbob think we are showcasing "sportsdirect arena".  Ashley has never had any intention of selling the rights, if he was someone would have took up the offer by now as its being "showcased" for over 2 years now! SJP is being used as a giant Advertising board for his company!

Supposition yet again!