St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

Got no issues with that myself. No doubt some people will be furious but plenty of teams have their sponsors plastered somewhere on the stadium/seats.

We've got it plastered all over the stadium and they're not our sponsors.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not have it but I don't see it as a huge issue. Are Sports Direct not a sponsor in some small way? I know we have their logos on the player interview backgrounds along with Puma and Northern Rock. Even if they're not there's not much of a distinction between a sponsor and a company owned by the owner seeing as he's put his own money into the club.

And no, I'm not an Ashley apologist in any way I just don't think that this in isolation is a big issue. Let's face it if Ashley had just gone out and spent £200m during the close season and we were challenging for the top 4 I doubt anyone would be bothered about him changing the sign.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Provided the ground remains as St James's park i'm ok with anything else, he's obviously trying to sell the advertising rights to a company for future sponsorship of the ground

Got no issues with that myself. No doubt some people will be furious but plenty of teams have their sponsors plastered somewhere on the stadium/seats.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not have it but I don't see it as a huge issue. Are Sports Direct not a sponsor in some small way? I know we have their logos on the player interview backgrounds along with Puma and Northern Rock. Even if they're not there's not much of a distinction between a sponsor and a company owned by the owner seeing as he's put his own money into the club.

And no, I'm not an Ashley apologist in any way I just don't think that this in isolation is a big issue. Let's face it if Ashley had just gone out and spent £200m during the close season and we were challenging for the top 4 I doubt anyone would be bothered about him changing the sign.

probably, but he doesn't and never will.

Guest johnson293

If they are a club 'sponsor' then there should be some record of what they are paying us to have their logo plastered all over the hoardings, dugout seats, Gallowgate roof, etc.

I've said it earlier in the thread, I'd hope its an exercise to show potential stadium name sponsors the kind of exposure they'll gain.

But part of me thinks its just Ashley getting as much free advertising as he can, for something which some huge company could potentially be paying big money for.

Up until the last set of accounts we'd received nothing from Sports Direct so they are not a sponsor, or at least haven't been.  The sign can't be taken in isolation, it's all over the ground.

I hope they don't fucking throw those letters away, because I want the next regime to restore them. Not different ones, not similar ones, but the same.

That's what I initially thought too, I hope to fuck they are being stored.