St James' Park

Delima

can't catch 25 pages up like, how has this been met by the general public i'm wondering?  any boycoutt talk or anything?

stinks to me like, stinks of s***

Has anything happened like?

Are you for real man???

Yes, as far as I know they've taken down some of the letters but nothing new has gone up. Sorry if Imissed something, I haven't been reading every page of this thread.

You do know that Sports Direct one is made up, right?

awwww ian man, you're tops like but come on - what do you think is gonna go up like?

they're not cleaning the letters ahead of putting them back or something :lol:

Well we'll see, if it happens I'll be as angry as anyone.

All I've seen so far is a photo of some of the letters take down, and others left up out of order, and nothing else. Oh, and lots of people on a forum going mental over something that hasn't happened.

As far as I can see it's just as likely to be maintenance as an evil plan to destroy the heritage of NUFC, but as I've said if something does happen then I'll go mental too.

The club have already confirmed it's not for maintenance ffs.

Ah right, missed that, as I said I haven't read the whole of the thread in detail.

Have they said what it is then?

As far as I can see it's just as likely to be maintenance as an evil plan to destroy the heritage of NUFC, but as I've said if something does happen then I'll go mental too.

what would that entail, out of interest :troll:

Whinging about it on the internet, like everyone else.

can't catch 25 pages up like, how has this been met by the general public i'm wondering?  any boycoutt talk or anything?

Are you for real man???

Yes, as far as I know they've taken down some of the letters but nothing new has gone up. Sorry if Imissed something, I haven't been reading every page of this thread.

awwww ian man, you're tops like but come on - what do you think is gonna go up like?

All I've seen so far is a photo of some of the letters take down, and others left up out of order, and nothing else. Oh, and lots of people on a forum going mental over something that hasn't happened.

Ah right, missed that, as I said I haven't read the whole of the thread in detail.

Bit daft to claim everyone's 'going mental over something that hasn't happened' if you've not even read the thread then. :rolleyes:

The club have said it's going to be replaced with 'new, identical lettering' but have refused to confirm or deny that there's going to be commercial stuff added.

Sports Direct as kit sponsor. Its been talked about.

That will 100% happen.

100% it wont happen. It could have easily happened when Ashley took over but there's a reason it hasn't.

Aye, the contract with Northen Rock :lol:

Hasn't that deal been resigned in his time here? When the Puma deal was agreed?

The point being that Ashley could not have changed the shirt sponsorship when he took over. Him not doing that then is therefore not an argument for him not doing it next season. Neither is the previous extension of the NR deal an indication of whether it's under discussion for next season.

The fact that the deal Ashley signed a year ago still has 3 seasons to run (including this one) is a pretty substantial argument for him not doing it next season like. :lol:

:pow:

The club have said it's going to be replaced with 'new, identical lettering' but have refused to confirm or deny that there's going to be commercial stuff added.

personally not that bothered if they add the SD shit in front but they shouldn't take down the NEWCASTLE UNITED imo, i actually think they're ahead of the game with regards this tripe...it will become the norm to add a sponsorship to stadium names/stands etc...

just as per usual they're doing it wrong

Are you for real man???

Bit daft to claim everyone's 'going mental over something that hasn't happened' if you've not even read the thread then. :rolleyes:

Well, I've read the thread title and the last couple of pages, so I assumed that if the story was "NU lettering to be replaced with 'Cockneyz Rule OK' " I would have picked it up.

From what you've said there's identical lettering going up, and there may or may not be something else added. So as I said before, nothing to go mental about at all.

It's shit on here at the moment, worst for a long time IMO.

personally not that bothered if they add the SD s*** in front but they shouldn't take down the NEWCASTLE UNITED imo, i actually think they're ahead of the game with regards this tripe...it will become the norm to add a sponsorship to stadium names/stands etc...

Yup, the Premier League is shifting to the American sports model. Just a matter of time before every stadium name is sponsored and every inch of the stadium is filled with ads. I'm amazed it's taking this long to be honest.

Are you for real man???

Well, I've read the thread title and the last couple of pages, so I assumed that if the story was "NU lettering to be replaced with 'Cockneyz Rule OK' " I would have picked it up.

From what you've said there's identical lettering going up, and there may or may not be something else added. So as I said before, nothing to go mental about at all.

Aye, it's almost like everyone's just been fucked over for the umpteenth time.

Are you for real man???

It's s*** on here at the moment, worst for a long time IMO.

i think you are going mental about people going mental over something that hasn't happened more than those who going mental over something hasn't happened  :lol:

Are you for real man???

Aye, it's almost like everyone's just been fucked over for the umpteenth time.

Was gonna say the exact same thing, when does it fucking end man?

Are you for real man???

i'd say it's more likely to be maintenance than an evil plan to destroy the heritage of nufc like. even more likely than both though is that it's a plan to put even more sports direct advertising in the ground with no considerations whatsoever about the heart and soul of the club

personally not that bothered if they add the SD s*** in front but they shouldn't take down the NEWCASTLE UNITED imo, i actually think they're ahead of the game with regards this tripe...it will become the norm to add a sponsorship to stadium names/stands etc...

Yup, the Premier League is shifting to the American sports model. Just a matter of time before every stadium name is sponsored and every inch of the stadium is filled with ads. I'm amazed it's taking this long to be honest.

problem is just the sheer age of most premier league grounds its nigh on impossible to get people to stop calling it St James Park, Anfield, Goodison or Old Trafford etc thus negating any benefit to someone paying for renaming a sponsored name like the Emirates or even just putting a sponsor before the name like Ashley's tried to do before just putting his own company in there.

Guest VaVaVoom

Personally i dont have anything against using the stadium to maximise advertising potential.....So long as it does not damage the clubs tradition or heritage.

I too think that what he is doing (Testing and developing an advertisement package) is something that will become widespread across the major european leagues.

What with the new financial regulations coming into play soon, having another large line of revenue will  be good for clubs and FMA seems to be ahead of the game.

Thing is, this kind of "package" is only going to be worthwhile to the club if they club get MASSIVE companies like Sony/Apple/Aviva involved. Even then those companies are going to look to the top 6 in the PL so if we really are to maximise this potential line of income then it has to start on the pitch.

It ALL starts on the pitch.

Wait til you have endure canned music and calls to cheer every time there's a dead ball.

Guest VaVaVoom

on a side note, how many have noticed that they have even put a small sports direct ad on the inside of the crossbars? so when a goal or save is replayed from the camera in the back of the net you can make out the sign? obviously nothing is safe form his "tag"

:facepalm:

I hadnt noticed it but to be honest i think thats quite a clever idea!

I think there needs to be some sort of communication from the club to us fans to let us know the full details of this proposed "package" as to how much it is currently bringin into the club and how much it could potentially bring in.

End of the day added income is added income...can only mean that there is MORE chance of the tight fisted fat c*** spending money on the team!

If he wants to do some decent marketing, & its in the rules, for cheap he should get the pitch and the outside pitch caked in adverts like they do at the rugby. Far less cost & hassle than dicking around with signs, far bigger impact.

Guest VaVaVoom

If he wants to do some decent marketing, & its in the rules, for cheap he should get the pitch and the outside pitch caked in adverts like they do at the rugby. Far less cost & hassle than dicking around with signs, far bigger impact.

That would be a step to far in my opinion.

It is likely though....its already in La Liga.

Are you for real man???

It's s*** on here at the moment, worst for a long time IMO.

Why say that when Ashley blatently does not care for the 'heritage' side of the club? Its human nature & natural to fear the worst when Mike Ashley has the Newcastle United sign taken down because Mike Ashley has/tried to rename the stadium, has plastered sports direct right across the Gallowgate roof, continued to lie to supporters and treat good people like total crap. So the instinct when Mike Ashley moves his attention to that sign will naturally be "this does not look good" !! Even though we hope that instinct is wrong.

Doesn't seem like much in the way of "heritage" to me, like. A sign, that's been up there for less than 20 years. There wasn't a single stick of that stand in place -- or any of the others, as it goes -- when I first went to a match.

We'll done, you're old :lol:. That sign has been at every Newcastle home match I've ever been to, so its part of my heritage as a NUFC fan so to speak. And I'd rather it wasn't replaced with some red and blue wank