St James' Park

Delima

Guest johnson293

There is also the SD.com logo on the face of the Gallowgate roof (facing pitch) but clearly the TV cameras aren't catching that one enough, if he now wants to put SD.com logos on the east stand too.

Thinking about it though - replacing the majority of the SD.com signage (on dugout seats, etc) and repainting the Gallowgate roof would be a hefty job - so maybe it isn't just part of the stadium naming strategy, and is just him milking the ground/club for all the free advertising he can get.

Probably why he hasn't managed to sell the naming rights - he wont let another company be the dominant advertiser.

I'd bet a condition of any sale will also be a need to retain that advertising for a certain period, too - rather than strip it all out as soon as they move in, like they allegedly did with 'Shepherd offshore' advertising.

Provided the ground remains as St James's park i'm ok with anything else, he's obviously trying to sell the advertising rights to a company for future sponsorship of the ground

Bizarre that no-one's offered more than the £0 Sports Direct pay for way more advertising than any of the other sponsors get. ???

Maybe if they put an advert on the club website they'd get some offers.

Guest ovesbar

Why cant people just save their anger until they actually know what they are doing with the sign? How do you know this isnt just needed maintenance?

Guest johnson293

Why cant people just save their anger until they actually know what they are doing with the sign? How do you know this isnt just needed maintenance?

Where did they say that they were putting the lettering back up?

Someone on here phoned the club, and a secretary (or similar) said it - they'd had loads of calls about it apparently.

The 'official' line was that it was being 'replaced with identical, but couldn't confirm or deny if it would incorporate advertising'.

From what I've been told ( by the guy who took them down ) the same letters will not be going back up.

Someone on here phoned the club, and a secretary (or similar) said it - they'd had loads of calls about it apparently.

The 'official' line was that it was being 'replaced with identical, but couldn't confirm or deny if it would incorporate advertising'.

Doesn't sound very official to me, just sounds like the usual no nowt avoidance patter the box office give out whenever I press them on something to be fair. We'll see. :lol:

From an aesthetic point of view, they better not use that shoddy white background for the SD logo. It better be fucking elegant and professional looking, unlike all the marketing for that godawful brand.

From a supporter point of view i'm livid that the signage is being tampered with. That signage represents the raison d'etre for the whole fucking shindig!

I'm all for owners exploring different avenues to make the football club a viable business, but for fuck's sake...test the waters first!! See what the supporters think!! Let them be part of the decision making for something like this! No need to flex your muscles! We know you own this club, but be a bit more sensitive, and you may get the backing to do what whatever it is you want to do!

From an aesthetic point of view, they better not use that shoddy white background for the SD logo. It better be f***ing elegant and professional looking, unlike all the marketing for that godawful brand.

From a supporter point of view i'm livid that the signage is being tampered with. That signage represents the raison d'etre for the whole f***ing shindig!

I'm all for owners exploring different avenues to make the football club a viable business, but for f***'s sake...test the waters first!! See what the supporters think!! Let them be part of the decision making for something like this! No need to flex your muscles! We know you own this club, but be a bit more sensitive, and you may get the backing to do what whatever it is you want to do!

As much as I agree, for a business perspective why bother asking when it's pretty obvious the fan response is going to be 'don't change it!'