St James' Park

Delima

Was that singing section in the gallowgate loud at least?  They too far back to pick up on the TV mics or something? :lol: seemed quiet on TV too

Even the Sky co-commentator had a pop at the fans and the (lack of) noise

In the Gallowgate it sounded great at times, like. I think the overhang traps a lot of the sound because I'll often come away thinking it's been loud then see criticism of the noise from elsewhere.

I sit in the Gallowgate middle, 2 sections from the strawberry corner and as per usual the atmosphere was decent.  Didn't hear Spurs one jot until they scored and in our end my head was ringing a few times due to the din from us.

It never EVER comes across well on TV unless Sky or the usual media spin stick their microphones amongst the 30 crystal palace fans with a drum and try to pass it off as Brazil in the Maracana.

Atmosphere was great in the first half, died away in the 2nd half when we just couldn't get hold of the ball. Spurs fans were terrible, only heard them after they scored their goals and couldn't sell their allocation.

Manquillo and Murphy have both commented on how noisy it was so I think it's just a case of the Sky Mics not picking it up properly which applies to all the big stadiums.

So the council are employing a highways contractor to bring in concrete blocks for before and after every home game. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper for them to just move the existing gates from the Olympics further down the road and add new ones where needed.

Guest neesy111

found out yesterday that those Olympic gates belong to.... the Olympic committee and Newcastle Council don't have the keys...

:spit:

found out yesterday that those Olympic gates belong to.... the Olympic committee and Newcastle Council don't have the keys...

They must have the keys, they closed them for the Rugby World Cup and previous magic weekends.

They must have the keys, they closed them for the Rugby World Cup and previous magic weekends.

just what I was told

just what I was told

Not disputing your claim that they belong to the Olympic committee, just saying that they must have access to the keys even if they don't have a set themselves.

also if the gates are closed it will cause a bottle neck or people trying to get around them after the game

No different to the random car that is parked in the middle of the road trying to get through which causes a bottle neck? Atleast with the gates closed people have the ability to discourse to the Metro station and through the different streets in safety. My main concern is terrorism or a run away vehicle, having a few cones out like they did yesterday will not stop either, having closed gates will.