St James' Park

Delima

Soccer scene was the former name of Sports Direct, wasnt it?

Was Sports Soccer, I believe. So, Soccer Scene is a guise for Sports Direct. Great. Even better is the black and white colour scheme.

A more classy version of Sports Direct (in appearance) - essentially a rebrand ready made to suit the club. Bring it on, Mike.

Ive bought a couple shirts from Soccer Scene in London. I was boasting on facebook about how good it was to be able to buy a shirt somewhere other than Sports Direct! haha. To be fair, its a decent store. Not packed full of shite and a bit more 'up market'.

I have a bad feeling more SD signs could be going up on the Gallowgate end about the club shop and Shearers. The builders outside it seem to have the same equipment they had with them when they put up the latest ones on outside the Milburn.

Absolutely tragic whats happening to our stadium.

Guest johnson293

I have a bad feeling more SD signs could be going up on the Gallowgate end about the club shop and Shearers. The builders outside it seem to have the same equipment they had with them when they put up the latest ones on outside the Milburn.

I'm sure the planning application that went in did include signage on Strawberry place and Barrack Road, so yes, there will be signs going up on there too.

Now in the process of putting this stuff on the Gallowgate.

Guest johnson293

What else is going on the Gallowgate?

From another thread on here, this is what was in the planning application...

Strawberry Place:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1756/sdsjp2.jpg

Barrack Road:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4636/sdsjp3.jpg

I saw the pics of the side banners on Barrack Road, but have they also put the larger central one up too (over the glazed escalator bit)?

Guest johnson293

The Barrack Road ones are already up, aren't they? Are the Strawberry Place ones up yet?

Like I said, I've only seen pics of the two side banners on Barrack Road, they are definitely up - not sure about the larger central one.

But apparently the works appear to have started to put those on the Gallowgate end now, too.

Just checking haven't read this for a while, what are those letters being auctioned off? Have they just replaced them with new NEWCASTLE UNITED and the stuff we knew about either side?

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6057/406971472.jpg

Yes, that's real.

Jesus f***ing Christ.

My thoughts exactly. Didn't realise it looked this hideous.

Re: the attitude that "well this is the modern game, everyone's doing it" - if you look at the top two tiers of the Emirates, a brand new stadium, one simply has Arsenal and the crest alternately all the way round and the other has a list of the trophies that Arsenal have won. It's also all red and white.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Emirates_Stadium_-_East_stand_Club_Level.jpg

Old Trafford has 'Old Trafford Manchester' on the top of it and the tiers of the stand are particularly famous for being decked out in all manner of club history related banners. Everything's also red.

Quite apart from us not receiving anything financially, this idea that we have to put up with this shit is absolute nonsense. Arsenal and Man Utd have much bigger corporate responsibilities than we do and somehow manage to honour them without making their stadiums, new and old, look like a cheap blue and red billboard.

Re: the attitude that "well this is the modern game, everyone's doing it" - if you look at the top two tiers of the Emirates, a brand new stadium, one simply has Arsenal and the crest alternately all the way round and the other has a list of the trophies that Arsenal have won. It's also all red and white.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Emirates_Stadium_-_East_stand_Club_Level.jpg

Old Trafford has 'Old Trafford Manchester' on the top of it and the tiers of the stand are particularly famous for being decked out in all manner of club history related banners. Everything's also red.

Quite apart from us not receiving anything financially, this idea that we have to put up with this s*** is absolute nonsense. Arsenal and Man Utd have much bigger corporate responsibilities than we do and somehow manage to honour them without making their stadiums, new and old, look like a cheap blue and red billboard.

:thup:

I'm honestly surprised at the 'shrug of the shoulders' attitude amongst Newcastle fans amongst this. As usual with us, there's one been stand your feet and shout moment when things like these happen but then we never bother to stand up for ourselves again. It's absolutely hideous what has/is being done to our fantastic stadium. I know there's not a whole lot we can do atm, but people really need to make the board well aware that vandalising St.James' Park with those god awful signs just is not an option. In times like these in modern football the heritage and pride of St.James' is something that must be fought for, because there's not a whole lot of soul left in any clubs these days imo.

I think that were this to happen on the continent, ie in Italy, Germany or Holland etc then there would be absolute uproar about it, followed by rigorous protests. 

Quite apart from us not receiving anything financially, this idea that we have to put up with this s*** is absolute nonsense. Arsenal and Man Utd have much bigger corporate responsibilities than we do and somehow manage to honour them without making their stadiums, new and old, look like a cheap blue and red billboard.

I'm honestly surprised at the 'shrug of the shoulders' attitude amongst Newcastle fans amongst this. As usual with us, there's one been stand your feet and shout moment when things like these happen but then we never bother to stand up for ourselves again. It's absolutely hideous what has/is being done to our fantastic stadium. I know there's not a whole lot we can do atm, but people really need to make the board well aware that vandalising St.James' Park with those god awful signs just is not an option. In times like these in modern football the heritage and pride of St.James' is something that must be fought for, because there's not a whole lot of soul left in any clubs these days imo.

I think that were this to happen on the continent, ie in Italy, Germany or Holland etc then there would be absolute uproar about it, followed by rigorous protests. 

Indeed, well every club in Germany is 51% fan owned and that means they are the ones with the power within the game, that's the way it should be imo. What power does the British fan have? Absolutely fuck all.

Aye - I generally feel like a lot of the general public are in fear of protesting anyhting or challenging anything by those 'above' them these days. It's the fucking media's fault as well.

We should be going fucking apeshit about this. To be honest though, so long as we're unbeaten and all is dandy I doubt anyone gives a fuck. Ashley has been extremely fortunate that the fans of this club have stood by the club throughout his patronising bullshit.

Even the company owned clubs don't plaster their shit everywhere

Wolfsburg

http://www.constructionphotography.com/ImageThumbs/A168-02291/3/A168-02291_Volkswagen_Arena_Wolfsburg_Lower_Saxony_Germany.jpg

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/Fotogalerien/fussball/bundesliga/stadien-der-bundesliga-NEU-Stand-0910/wolfsburg-volkswagen-arena-7286540-qf,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Leverkusen

http://www.stadiumguide.com/bayarena2.jpg

---

Our once respectable SJP is slowly turning absolutely rank. Cheap and shit, fucking garbage.

Fans across the country are laughing at us. St James' looks absolutely ridiculous, but people don't care - because all that matters to most is where we are in the table.

Do you really think other fans actually notice and/or care? I hate the advertising, but nobody except Newcastle fans have ever mentioned it to me.

You can't even hang a flag up at St. James' for all the fucking adverts, it's pathetic.

Tbh you've not been able to do that at any point. Having taken flags and banners to home games before, the only place where we've been able to do that without bother is the wall below the glass on the side of the Leazes.