St James' Park

Delima

Sir John Hall:

“The meeting with the Malaysians went well but they wanted 6 weeks to do due diligence. The offer from the other party at Freshfields waived that right and was a better deal. I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over 3 days thrashing out a deal.

“I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this.”

Sir John Hall:

“The meeting with the Malaysians went well but they wanted 6 weeks to do due diligence. The offer from the other party at Freshfields waived that right and was a better deal. I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over 3 days thrashing out a deal.

“I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this.”

If somebody should care one bit in the east you has to have a good and successive team, so thats bodes well.

Sir John Hall:

If somebody should care one bit in the east you has to have a good and successive team, so thats bodes well.

The "Malaysian group" was probably Tony Fernandes. Doesn't quite have the personal wealth to fund us.

Fans across the country are laughing at us. St James' looks absolutely ridiculous, but people don't care - because all that matters to most is where we are in the table.

tbh.if it continues to go well on the pitch then why should we care, i want my club to do well in my lifetime!.

This sports direct stuff as fugly as it is, is very much short term and will be gone soon enough. newcastle united will be there long after mike ashley has gone and if things continue as they are we may even get a cup somewhere down the line, More than likely go tits up being nufc

Fans across the country are laughing at us. St James' looks absolutely ridiculous, but people don't care - because all that matters to most is where we are in the table.

tbh.if it continues to go well on the pitch then why should we care, i want my club to do well in my lifetime!.

This sports direct stuff as fugly as it is, is very much short term and will be gone soon enough. newcastle united will be there long after mike ashley has gone and if things continue as they are we may even get a cup somewhere down the line, More than likely go tits up being nufc

Short-term? Why is it?

Do you really think other fans actually notice and/or care? I hate the advertising, but nobody except Newcastle fans have ever mentioned it to me.

I have an Arsenal supporting friend from uni that had been to the game. After our game with them he rang as usual and one of the first things he said was 'wtf is all that advertising on top of the stands' and how in your face it was.

Do you really think other fans actually notice and/or care? I hate the advertising, but nobody except Newcastle fans have ever mentioned it to me.

I have an Arsenal supporting friend from uni that had been to the game. After our game with them he rang as usual and one of the first things he said was 'wtf is all that advertising on top of the stands' and how in your face it was.

Naive to think visiting fans don't look up and laugh. I was watching the match with a couple Spurs supporters last weekend, both of them think it's obscene. But hey-ho the team are playing well so it doesn't matter.

No doubt if we'd had a bad start to the season - there would be uproar about the signage...

Short-term? Why is it?

Mike ashley immortal?

People do move on you know, there is plenty of things that have happened in the past that many older fans would have been seething about but us younger supporters take it as the norm. Bitching and moaning has got us nowhere in the past and has probably been more of a hinderance. That doesn't mean oh lets just let Ashley rape our club but its just advertisement at the end of the day and on the pitch is where it matters.

Don't get my wrong, I hate it as much as anyone, I'm just surprised that other fans really care. I guess the stuff on the roof is a cut above the normal level of advertising!

How many other stadiums are there where you can see the roof of another stand? St James' is fairly unique in that regard.

Don't get my wrong, I hate it as much as anyone, I'm just surprised that other fans really care. I guess the stuff on the roof is a cut above the normal level of advertising!

I don't think they do, and even if they did, who gives a toss?

I watched the Tottenham game in a group including fans of Arsenal, Hertha and Eintracht Frankfurt. No one so much as mentioned the signage.

Not a single friend or work colleague has said a thing about it and I get shit about anything Newcastle related that's negative.

Guest Haris Vuckic

What like you?  :cheesy:

Went to the game on Sunday and didn't even notice the new sign on the East Stand until about half an hour into the game. Might just be me but I'm fairly apathetic towards it. Not saying I like it or it looks good because it doesn't - I just find it hard to get too worked up about it. :undecided:

Even that picture shows that first sign they put up on the Gallowgate. :anguish:

I fucking hate what's been done to the stadium, really winds me up. It was great as it was, and when it became obvious no fucker wanted to be the name '@ St James' Park' it should have been discarded as a shit idea and taken no further.

FWIW I had a deeks in the shop yesterday.  Its only really a bit of the downstairs part thats Soccer Scene or whatever, the other half is full of the s*** NUFC t-shirts, hoodies etc.  The upstairs is full of NUFC kits/training gear.

Aye the main part of the downstairs club shop is just full of absolute shite. Was in yesterday before the ticket collection point opened.