St James' Park

Delima

Does anybody know what the camera limitations are for SJP?  I looked for a stadium guide on the official site but couldn't find anything.  My local stadium in Philly has limits on lens size so that's the kind of info I'm looking for.  Thanks.

A woman pulled out a camera against Wigan and it looked like the lens was at least a 300mm zoom.

Quick maths.

getting 45,000 at £29 (full price for a Cat B seating ticket vs. Everton on Sat) a ticket will bring in £1,305,000 a game

60k at £20 a pop will get £1,200,000 and 65k at the same price will bring in £1,300,000 a game.

Bear in mind you'd get kids/OAP priced tickets for less than £20 in that, its probably likely more seats filled at slightly reduced prices won't sustain never mind increase current revenue.  I am however, shit at this sort of thing, which is why I've never attempted it before so my theory could definitely be bollocks.

Quick maths.

getting 45,000 at £29 (full price for a Cat B seating ticket vs. Everton on Sat) a ticket will bring in £1,305,000 a game

60k at £20 a pop will get £1,200,000 and 65k at the same price will bring in £1,300,000 a game.

Bear in mind you'd get kids/OAP priced tickets for less than £20 in that, its probably likely more seats filled at slightly reduced prices won't sustain never mind increase current revenue.  I am however, shit at this sort of thing, which is why I've never attempted it before so my theory could definitely be bollocks.

What we need is to be taken over by a billio....

Oh.

What we need is to be taken over by a billio....

Oh.

No, what we need to do is sell a player for 35 million....

Oh.

Howay man, that barely covers agents fees and bore hole expenses  :lol:

Seriously though, if Ashley came out and said his Christmas surprise for us was that the Carroll money had been saved up to expand St James he'd be a very popular man again.

Guest ToonUltra

I'm sure I was told on one of the stadium tours that I have been on that St. James is unable to be expanded due to the listed residential buildings behind the East stand and the fact the metro runs beneath the Gallowgate. Obviously to gan up, ya need to gan doon. Meaning a total reroute of the metro i presume. No chance of that happening. Plus, the rear of the new stands would need to be pertrude in order to gain the extra seating space, the difference between the Miburn and the Gallowgate in terms of its pertrusion is approx 50m - 80m. There aint 50m behind either East or Gallowgate stands....shame, it would look beautiful.

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp0iRznxfEFn_SJYq3740f7T_G1N5E-00a5Y08wette_XJi0c35arT7xpFzg

Straaaiiigghht to the face.

Would it matter? Everyone will call it SJP anyway.

Completely taking SJP out of it's title would be a shambolic move.

Plus he'd probably put a massive 'Sports Direct Arena' sign on the outside of the stadium.

@iainmacintosh is now saying the same. He's in South Shields so we can always go on a witch hunt  :rant: :rant:

Seems to suggest it's a via a currently embargoed press release? Could explain why it was deleted earlier...