St James' Park

Delima

Unless they're also planning to reduce season ticket prices across the board, I can't see how we'd fill it.

I'm thinking the same. Any extension to the stadium now would be a bit silly considering we're not selling out these days. Would be shit to see all those empty seats.

I'd be surprised if MA had the class to keep the aesthetic synergy running through a new extension.

He'd likely make a right dog's ear of it.

Divvn't be so pessimistic man.

Making a different design for an extension = more expensive than copying the current design.

Win win

I guarantee sometime in the next 10-20 years we play champions league football- and the gallowgate is extented. ive watched it all go up, starting with the east stand, SJP is an ever evolving stadium.

There's no way it is getting extended when home games haven't sold out on a regular basis in years man. This new stuff with the season tickets might be testing the waters though, makes sense really if they are planning to expand. I still don't think they would fill the new area though. Would be incredible to look at, the above pic there is fantastic. You never know with Ashley though, it might be a good bit of business. If they extend and do some sort of deal to fill the seats then they get more money.

If it brings the overall ticket prices down then i think we could be looking for a better capacity. (I mean 4k took up the cheaper price option)

However if they stay the same, and still with the uncertain recession looming overhead, then it'd just be a big waste of money and even more empty seats.

Still, it'd be more space for SD logos to fit around the place.

It depends a lot on the results too though - I doubt 4k would have taken up the season ticket offer if we were in the bottom six.

I'd love to see SJP made into a full bowl, but it would require regular European football and an economic recovery really.

If it brings the overall ticket prices down then i think we could be looking for a better capacity. (I mean 4k took up the cheaper price option)

However if they stay the same, and still with the uncertain recession looming overhead, then it'd just be a big waste of money and even more empty seats.

Still, it'd be more space for SD logos to fit around the place.

It depends a lot on the results too though - I doubt 4k would have taken up the season ticket offer if we were in the bottom six.

I'd love to see SJP made into a full bowl, but it would require regular European football and an economic recovery really.

Listed buildings say "horseshoe all the way"

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt118/awaren8/sjp2018.jpg

Would like this, i presume? Looks beautiful imo.

Yes it would look like that. Would go across the road and just above the Metro station (land the club apparently owns).

The council would agree to it on the premise that the club would find and build a reroute for Strawberry Place - the road that currently goes alongside the stadium. This would mean it costing even more money.

The tour guide I had back in March said that the plans were there but it was Ashley who shelved them because of the enormous cost - he wanted to concentrate on saving money rather than spending it. Plus we wouldn't fill the seats.

Would like this, i presume? Looks beautiful imo.

Yes it would look like that. Would go across the road and just above the Metro station (land the club apparently owns).

The council would agree to it on the premise that the club would find and build a reroute for Strawberry Place - the road that currently goes alongside the stadium. This would mean it costing even more money.

The tour guide I had back in March said that the plans were there but it was Ashley who shelved them because of the enormous cost - he wanted to concentrate on saving money rather than spending it. Plus we wouldn't fill the seats.

Could you not just keep the road where it is and build over the top of it so it creates a little tunnel? :dontknow:

Looks mint that picture mind.

Anyone heard of any plans to extend the Gallowgate?  :ninja:

I've heard from a few people who have went on the ground tour over the past couple of months that the guide said the club were giving genuine consideration to extending it on the proviso that we began to sell out again.

G/F took me on the tour again for my birthday back in May and I can confirm this was mentioned as a possibility if two things happened: Club started being more sucessful on a regular basis, and we have regular sell outs or close to. The two go hand in hand anyway.

Was chatting with the bird about wedding venues and she jokingly mentioned SJP. Thing is, I wouldn't even consider it now. Imagine the wedding photos with fucking

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9974/lazyfatkernt.jpg

all over them. No, ta.

Great work, almost a fantasy, we would never fill those seats though.

Maybe not, and I'm sure pretty extensive marketing research would be carried out before a brick was laid.

However recent "real world" ticket pricing would help things.

It should be noticed that in the always exciting, if arguably technically inferior, Bundesliga on Saturday almost every game was sold out with Dortmund pulling in nearly 81K and Schalke 60K+ and Newcastle could be considered to have as much potential as those two. That's in a country with wall to wall weekend live TV football and much cheaper satelite packages than the UK too.