Bramble - 6

Baba - 6

Milner - 6

Butt - 6

Dyer - 7

Duff - 0

Martins - 6

Sibierski - 6

I didnt watch the game but from all the comments about Duff i dont think he was thah shit ;)

He wasn't far off. Completely baffled by some of the ratings he's received.

Solano was not marking anyone for the goal but it was Butt who lost D'Haene to score. Dont understand how everyone failed to see the same.

Does immunity go with the captain's armband as well? Certainly seem so with Shearer, then Parker.

Cant really blame Butt because he was left to mark 2 players, Solano is the 1 to blame really. He was marking no-one

Bramble 7 - Uncharacteristically neat performance, nowhere near 'outstanding'.

Agreed. I thought he had a decent game and that's it. The hype by the commentators was embarrassing.

And Gejon. why was Siberski pissing you off? I thought he had a good game....won a lot in the air.

Although he can have some nice touches his general techinical ability and passing can frustrate me and his lack of pace also gets to me. He did ok and scored a great goal but I just want to see someone with a bit more about them up there!

Roll on the summer.

Guest getalife

A win's a win's a win I suppose. Good scoreline on paper going back to St. James's, but hardly inspiring football. With Roeder's interview after the game, I reckon he was desparately wanting to come out with something like "Not good enough under the circumstances, we are not going to go much farther in this competition playing like that - must do better", or something like that, only of course that would be disparaging to the players so he had to adopt a smidgeon of diplomacy. Poor Oba, it goes without saying that he's a great buy for us, but he didn't shine and he tried too hard. He's the kind of player though who'll be amazing next game and all will be forgotten. Dyer class, he needs fitness though, died in the last 20-30 minutes exactly like in the England game, pitch was probably heavy going for him yesterday.What annoys me sometimes about Newcastle is that when they are ahead, they start tippy-tappying it amongst themselves in midfield, and back to the defenders. Granted, they don't want to give away posession, but more often than not they give it away anyway and the ball's in their own half, they should be pushing forward, taking advantage of the opposition being on the back foot (it wasn't Chelsea or Arsenal last night ffs) and then if they do lose the ball, at least it's up the field in their half, and they at least look to be having a go. I also think (maybe luckily) that the Belgian boys will come to St. James's next week less than enthusiastic, they looked well demoralised towards the end and will come just to make up the numbers next week, just my humble opinion.

Happy with Baba bar the obvious rash challenge, his confidence will grow with each game.

Providing him and Duff can keep fit we really need them to link up. The standard is set from the right where Milner and Solano are linking up fantastically, aided by sibbers and dyer last night.

The left side needs to balance that up a bit more, baba is getting forward and is capable of putting a ball in and taking on player, he just needs to get that confidence back.

Bramble and Taylor both had decent showing, another perfomance like that next week and I think Bramble will keep his place alongside Gooch.

I fear Glenn is still very hesitant about Solano at RB, which is fair enough from a defensive point of view but he is easily our best option there.. I hope he keeps him there.

Duff still seems like a one trick (cutting inside) pony to me, whilst he got more results yesterday there isnt much variety in his play, Id like to see him more down the by-lines banging a cross in, once in a while. Encouraging performance though.

Would like to see dyer and Martins at least benched for the next game to keep them fresh for wigan - where we have to pick up (a) point/s.

Wonder what the odds for Sibbers scoring 10+ goals for us this season were at the start of the season?

Its annoying because they are both more than capable. Its a confidence issue that we dont need...

...which more than likely wont be helped when N'Zogbia comes back. If he is still stuck in his personal confidence crisis/Second Season Syndrome we wont help heaping all the pressure unto him.

Hopefully he will come back recharged and enthused though.

Guest newcastle4life

First-half diagnosis?

Solid nothing special

Second-half diagnosis?

Poor goal to concede and a bad 5 minutes following cruised it otherwise

Full-time diagnosis?

nice and easy no problems

Star man for United?

Bramble

Worst United player?

Milner but he has been on form so i will let him off

Opposition comment?