Latest Bellamy rumour.

Baggio

If I thought he'd improve, great. I just don't see it. If the flaws in his game were simple things, fair enough. But it's his lack of a footballing brain, poor touch, etc. which concerns me. Stuff he should already have in abundance. Ricketts scored 15 goals in his first Premier League season and generally looked a better player that year than what Martins did this season, yet look what happened to him.

Guest TheOrder

No, I just don't see any improvement from when he first signed, to the Blackburn home game.

OK, that's his chance to improve over and done with, then. First season's over - that's it, he's not gradually improving.

He surpassed my expectations to be honest. Top scorer in his first season in English football, in OUR Newcastle side. Brilliant imo

Personally I think its a shame that bellamy is turning into one of those players that just gets passed from team to team.

Granted a lot of it is his fault because of his attitude. I just think that its a tragic waste of talent when I think back to how good him and Shearer were together.

I am sure he will look back on his career and realise what a knob he has been

Guest sittingontheball

Bellamy, however, has told friends he would relish another chance at Newcastle although the £9m fee and Mark Viduka’s switch to St James’ Park could have put paid to his dreams.

You've got to laugh at that after all the "I love Liverpool - boyhood dream" stuff he came out with a year ago. It sounds like he still thinks that the world rotates around Craig Bellamy.

I do rate him as a player though and I bet they would have gone closer to winning the CL had they played him in the final. If Roeder is a lesser manager for not getting much out of our lot, then so is Benitez with Bellamy.

If I thought he'd improve, great. I just don't see it. If the flaws in his game were simple things, fair enough. But it's his lack of a footballing brain, poor touch, etc. which concerns me. Stuff he should already have in abundance. Ricketts scored 15 goals in his first Premier League season and generally looked a better player that year than what Martins did this season, yet look what happened to him.

Well that's where we're different, then. To me - it's utter nonsense to say that Martins won't get any better. And even if he doesn't, and bags 17 goals every season, i shan't complain.

More realistically speaking, i actually don't see him having such a fruitful season infront of goal, in comparison to last season. Things are changing, he won't be the main man anymore. If Owen is in the team every week, i can see Martins getting 12 or 13 goals next term.

Allardyce's main job is to get Martins playing when he's not scoring. Which i think will happen. Oba won't score as many goals, but i think he'll be a better player.

Scoring 17 goals was good, but when you look at some of the sitters, and I'm not talking half chances or good chances here, I'm talking actual sitters, he should have had 25. Not being greedy there, but he should have.

Wouldn't disagree. His one-on-ones are pitiful. But these things can be worked on - finishing; he's not a brilliant finisher. And in regards to the sitters of sitters, i honestly can't remember many. There was one early in the season against Everton, and also against Fenerbahce i think in the first half where the ball rolled across goal (and he wasn't there). But that's predatory instinct in the box, a centre-forward's job.

That can be worked on, too. But baring in mind he was never an out and out centre-forward before he came here, it's not totally surprising he didn't get on the end of such passes. And with a bit of luck, he won't be the centre-forward next season, the 'main man' as i said earlier.

Considering how bad his penalty miss at Everton was, I'd count that too. ;)

You're probably joking... but a penalty miss is like any other. Regardless of how high it goes.

Shearer skyed some n'all. I was there. My first EVER game i went to, against Blackburn in the Worthington Cup. Blasted it into the Leazes, the bastard. :lol:

No, I just don't see any improvement from when he first signed, to the Blackburn home game.

OK, that's his chance to improve over and done with, then. First season's over - that's it, he's not gradually improving.

He surpassed my expectations to be honest. Top scorer in his first season in English football, in OUR Newcastle side. Brilliant imo

Totally agree, Sometimes i just dont understand what a player has to do to get credit on this forum. Martins is 22 he scored 17 goals, He was playing in a shit side and tbf its the 1st time he has had this much responsibility on his shoulders so given the facts i think he's done well.

How did Ricketts get on in the Italian league and Champions league? Thats right Martins has only performed well for one season, lets sell him. Should definitely be scoring more than 17 goals with the amazing service and world class strike partners he had last season.

The only reason I'd hesitate to buy Bellamy is the state of his relationships with the other players in the squad who were there when he left. If they were basically glad to see the back of him, then I wouldn't chance bringing him back.

Otherwise, and purely on his ability, I think he's a very effective player and a great addition to any squad. There's far more to his overall game than Martins.

Fucking joker you lad, comparing him to Rickets FFS

Guest optimistic nit

i would really wait to see martins with allerdyce before judging whether he will improve or not. the general rule is players get worse the longer they stay at the toon, and its been like that since bobby left. martins has some problems, he makes poor decisions and has poor control from what we have seen, but he scores goals. he also does lack compoure, but his shooting technique has to be one of the best around, and for that reason even though he so far has problems in other areas he is a great asset imo. i would like to wait another two years before saying the other aspects won't improve however.

Fuck off with this Bellamy talk. Jesus jumped up christ I'd say I can't wait until he retires so the mong brigade on here would shut up about him, except then they'd start dreaming up ludicrous scenarios involving luring him out of retirement just to play 15 minutes every other game so they could all wank each other off and sing praise to the heavens about him being the best striker in the world ever. 

NOT HAPPENING. 

EVER. 

>:( >:( :tickedoff: :tickedoff: >:( >:(

Guest kmdnufc

Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy wants to make a sensational return to Newcastle United.

The Daily Mail says the Wales striker believes an audacious return to Newcastle could be on this summer with Mike Ashley set to take control of the club and Sam Allardyce installed as new manager.

Bellamy has told friends he would relish another chance at Newcastle although the £9m fee and Mark Viduka's switch to St James' Park could have put paid to his dreams.

The little welsh pric is shitting himself because he knows this is the start of him slowly slipping down the league to mid table teams so his come and get me plea to us is his last resort to play in front of 50000 fans every week. Can't believe he's that shallow that he thinks because FS and AS have gone he might be in with a shout.

Have a nice time at Villa or W.Ham spunk breath

Genuinely think he played the best football of his career when he was here. His movement and pace meant Shearer had a bit more time and space to do his thing and, although they didn't get on at all, Shearer benefited because of Bellamy.

He was one of the main reasons we, as a club, saw Champions League football and finished 4th, 3rd and 5th - along with Robert. The 2 of them dragged us 7 places up the league and I'll always be grateful to them for that. They both have their faults mind. Both, in my opinion, were totally mismanaged by Souness and forced out of the club by a bloke who just didn't have the skills to manage them anywhere near properly. He couldn't deal with them so he sold them. For a fraction of their actual value.

Not meaning to drag up arguments from years ago but we could do a lot worse than re-sign Bellamy but the obvious caveats apply. If he's still a fucking arsehole off the pitch then no, if he's matured a bit then yes.

To be honest i havent heard much about his off field problems apart from the fight with riise (wasnt it?) before barca game.... might be fogetting things but he doesnt seem to be bring as much negative news as he once did.

Guest alex

Genuinely think he played the best football of his career when he was here. His movement and pace meant Shearer had a bit more time and space to do his thing and, although they didn't get on at all, Shearer benefited because of Bellamy.

He was one of the main reasons we, as a club, saw Champions League football and finished 4th, 3rd and 5th - along with Robert. The 2 of them dragged us 7 places up the league and I'll always be grateful to them for that. They both have their faults mind. Both, in my opinion, were totally mismanaged by Souness and forced out of the club by a bloke who just didn't have the skills to manage them anywhere near properly. He couldn't deal with them so he sold them. For a fraction of their actual value.

Not meaning to drag up arguments from years ago but we could do a lot worse than re-sign Bellamy but the obvious caveats apply. If he's still a fucking arsehole off the pitch then no, if he's matured a bit then yes.

Think he was slightly better at Blackburn. From a goalscoring point of view at least. In that sense he had a 'purple patch' and I'm not sure he'll ever hit those heights again.

HE ISN'T COMING BACK though imo ;)