What exactly are Milners strengths?

KaKa

He was poor when he came on and that corner was shocking!

Completely agree, it was a waste of time bringing him on with Sibierski making way. Nobody to cross to.

I'm not sure that he will work with Martins/Owen up front and I don't think he is good enough a footballer to be picked ahead of the likes of Dyer/Solano if we want to play a rhythmic passing game. Just doesn't have the brain to offer enough play on the deck and constantly goes for the byline and attempts the cross. I still have serious doubts about his future here, but I do think he would be invaluable in a line-up that was heavily based around wing-play and with two strikers who are top-class in the air.

There are certain games which are made for Milner, but he's definitely not someone I can see being a first-choice player at NUFC for a long time yet, unless we continue to suffer at the hands of the God of injuries. Needs a massive improvement if he's ever going to keep Dyer out of the team on the right-flank. I thought Dyer was superb there against AZ.

Thank God some people are honest enough to evaluate his actual gameplay and are not just blinded by their love for him!

You would have thought I had cursed the guys mother or something!!!

Something else Milner does which you might not notice unless you're at the match every week is he always makes good runs into space and gets into great positions.  He's practically screaming for the ball sometimes, but it just gets given away instead.

His work rate is his biggest strength though.  There's been games where he's looked like the only player who gives a shit about us.

Thank God some people are honest enough to evaluate his actual gameplay and are not just blinded by their love for him!

If someone has a good/bad game I will comment on how I really thought they did whether I rate them or not. One of my pet hates is those who never seem to be able to acknowledge a good performance from someone because they seem to hate them soo much (See Bramble, Dyer, Parker...).

He was poor when he came on and that corner was shocking!

Completely agree, it was a waste of time bringing him on with Sibierski making way. Nobody to cross to.

I'm not sure that he will work with Martins/Owen up front and I don't think he is good enough a footballer to be picked ahead of the likes of Dyer/Solano if we want to play a rhythmic passing game. Just doesn't have the brain to offer enough play on the deck and constantly goes for the byline and attempts the cross. I still have serious doubts about his future here, but I do think he would be invaluable in a line-up that was heavily based around wing-play and with two strikers who are top-class in the air.

There are certain games which are made for Milner, but he's definitely not someone I can see being a first-choice player at NUFC for a long time yet, unless we continue to suffer at the hands of the God of injuries. Needs a massive improvement if he's ever going to keep Dyer out of the team on the right-flank. I thought Dyer was superb there against AZ.

That post sums it up pretty well for me.

Get used to it. There are a lot of people on here who have their favourites and can't stand even the slightest bit of criticism of those players.