Milner   Parker   Butt   Duff

Dyer   Martins

SUBS

Harper

Huntington

Pattison

N'Zogbia

Sibierski

I'll be very surprised if this isn't what Roeder goes for, assuming that Ramage isn't ready yet, as he seems to be the only player off the injury list in with a shout of making the bench for this one. I'm looking forward to seeing Dyer and Martins torment Woodgate, because he has looked utterly pedestrian in every game I've seen him play this season, he's nowhere near as quick as he was when he was here.

I think thats pretty much on the money with what Roeder will go for

Given

Solano  Onyewu  Bramble  Taylor

Milner  Parker  Butt  Duff

Dyer  Martins

SUBS

Harper

Huntington

Pattison

N'Zogbia

Sibierski

I'll be very surprised if this isn't what Roeder goes for, assuming that Ramage isn't ready yet, as he seems to be the only player off the injury list in with a shout of making the bench for this one. I'm looking forward to seeing Dyer and Martins torment Woodgate, because he has looked utterly pedestrian in every game I've seen him play this season, he's nowhere near as quick as he was when he was here.

you're right, as good as woodgate has been this season he's lost a hell of a lot of pace. Woodgate and Huth (when he returns) will be quite funny to watch in that respect

Martins would have a field day if Emre was back

Got a feeling we'll lose this one, by the odd goal. Would love it if we beat them though, as always.

If we lose to 'Boro after they played 120 minutes on Tuesday and we had no midweek game then it will be nothing short of disgraceful. We should beat them, but it will probably only be by the odd goal.

Will be interesting to see if Woodgate plays after playing the whole of the WBA game, as Southgate has previously only tried to use him in one game per week in order to stop him breaking down. Wonder what the odds are on him going off injured if he plays? He is back at SJP, after all, would only be keeping with previous form if he got crocked.

Guest andynufc84

Viduka + Yakubu =  Problems

Other than that, who in the Boro side would cause concern. Morrison is a canny player, Arca is decent.

They arn't a great side, an average side. Very much like us. I expect us to win by the odd goal providing we look after Viduka and Yakubu.

Viduka + Yakubu =  Problems

Other than that, who in the Boro side would cause concern. Morrison is a canny player, Arca is decent.

They arn't a great side, an average side. Very much like us. I expect us to win by the odd goal providing we look after Viduka and Yakubu.

They have been getting better the more they play together, their understanding of eachothers game may cause us big problems.

We must get out to Viduka quick do not give him time to pick a pass.

Got a feeling we'll lose this one, by the odd goal. Would love it if we beat them though, as always.

If we lose to 'Boro after they played 120 minutes on Tuesday and we had no midweek game then it will be nothing short of disgraceful. We should beat them, but it will probably only be by the odd goal.

Will be interesting to see if Woodgate plays after playing the whole of the WBA game, as Southgate has previously only tried to use him in one game per week in order to stop him breaking down. Wonder what the odds are on him going off injured if he plays? He is back at SJP, after all, would only be keeping with previous form if he got crocked.

I can imagine the excuse already, we were rusty because we didn't have a midweek game.

Guest andynufc84

Bramble and gooch are as strong as they come, and they'll have to be against Viduka and Yakubu

Yes they are strong, but I fear Yakubu and Viduka have the intelligence, slyness and ability to leave them for dead.

I'm surprised people are talking about Woodgate and pace, I never thought he had any, he was a brilliant reader of the game which more than made up for it.

Yeah I agree with that, Woody has never been the quickest of players, it is his talent of readign the game that more than makes up for any lack in pace though.

:lol:

Bramble is as tough as cat s***.

when was the last time you saw Bramble back out of a 50-50

When was the last game he didn't make twice as many tackles as anyone else in our team

we're not playing Mortal Kombat here Dave

Guest andynufc84

Is N'Zogbia not in the squad then? Not in the Beeb's list.

according to .com he is in the squad

Bramble should be strong as an ox for his size and weight. I wouldn't say he was. Off-topic though.

has been called the strongest player in the premiership by Robson and Souness in fairness, but fuck it, off-topic as you say

Still stand by my team, then, which is exactly the same as The Janitor's.

Given

Solano --- Bramble --- Onyewu --- Taylor

Milner --- Parker --- Butt --- Duff

Martins --- Dyer

Subs: Harper, Huntington, N'Zogbia, Carroll, Sibierski

Though i wouldn't be surprised if Sibierski and Huntington were starters.

Aye Zoggy will play!!  O0

You're the future of this club

Mar 2 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Charles N'Zogbia makes his first appearance of the year at St James' Park in tomorrow's derby game with Middlesbrough - with Glenn Roeder insisting he is the future of Newcastle United.

The 21-year-old Frenchman came on as a sub at Wigan on Sunday after recovering from what he describes as "the worst injury of my career " against Chelsea in December.

And no sooner was N'Zogbia back in a black-and-white shirt then talk re-surfaced of just how much Arsene Wenger would love him to add him to the French contingent at Arsenal.

But Roeder insisted today: "I will treat any talk of Charles going to Arsenal - or anywhere else for that matter - with utter contempt.

"He is the future of Newcastle United and, take it from me, he is going to be here for a very long time.

"We are trying to build a good squad of young players here and I intend to keep my best players. Charles N'Zogbia is one of them.

"And we have seen nowhere near the best of him yet."

N'Zogbia goes into tomorrow's match without a goal this season - and knowing that his last goal was in the derby match at Sunderland last April.

Indeed, Roeder has had a poor return from his left flank this season, with only Damien Duff's goal in the win at West Ham coming from here.

N'Zogbia is the current North East Young Player of the Year, but there is no doubt he has been badly affected by the death of his father in France and the departure of his mentor Jean Alain Boumsong to Juventus.

But Roeder believes that N'Zogbia has found more inner strength and maturity as he has recovered from his knee injury.

The United boss added: "This has been a disappointing season for Charles because of his injury and that fact that he has been in competition with Damien Duff on the left wing.

"That's why it is important that he finishes the season strongly.

"That was a nasty injury he got at Chelsea, but he has worked hard to get fit again and the 30-minute blow-out he had at Wigan puts him in contention for tomorrow.

"Don't forget he is still only 20 and that a lot has happened to him in a short space of time.

"He's one of those players who says very little at the training ground but he is starting to come out of his shell."

i would go......given

solano    taylor  bramble    duff

milner  parker butt  n'zogbia

dyer  martins.

think we'll see....given

solano  bramble  onyewu  taylor

milner  parker  butt  duff

dyer  martins

outside bet on defence of    taylor  bramble  onyewu  solano,wouldn't be too bad as if morrison plays wide right he comes inside a lot.