Boro @ home line em up

Skirge

Given

Solano Bramble Gooch Taylor

Milner Parker Butt Duff

Martins Dyer

(assuming Babayaro is still out)

Really not much to disagree on for this one tbh...

Edit: on second thought, would rather not risk Zog as a starter yet.

I think we should really go for it.

Given

Nobby  Taylor  Gooch  Duff

Milner   Butt    Parker  zoggy

Dyer  Martins

Subs

Harps

Hunty

Edgar

Le Sib

Carroll/O'brien/Lua Lua

Not much height in the side so half tempted to play Edgar at LB. But **** it lets AV IT!!!

Shocked if Glenn went for this as he'll probably play Bramble, Baba and Car if fit. Prediction - Bramble to play and to leave his man unmarked again who scores with a free header.

Guest super_shay1

I'd go for :

Given

Nobby  Taylor  Gooch  Edgar

Milner  Butt  Parker  N'Zogbia

Dyer  Martins

Subs:

Harper

Sibierski

Duff

Huntington

Carroll

Prediction :

Newcastle 2-1 Boro

Given

Nobby    Gooch    Taylor    Duff

Milner    Parker    Butt    The Zog

Dyer   

Martins

Pavel

Siba

Huntington

Bramble

Luque

I want:

Given

Nobby    Gooch        Taylor    Baba

Butt

Parker

Milner                                  Zoggy

Dyer

Martins

We will get:

Given

Taylor  Bramble      Gooch    Hunty

Parker

Dyer

Nobby                                  Duff

Sibierski

Martins

Really not sure about starting N'Zogbia. He's only played 15 minutes since he's come back from a very long injury. It just doesn't seem that long, it doesn't seem like a major injury, simply due to the pile up that we've experienced this season. Zoggy's seemed like just 'another one'.

But, realistically, it is still a major injury and he's only a young boy. A bit risky in my opinion, in a season where he has been stop-start anyway, to throw him straight back into the fold. Give him 20 minutes/half an hour, definitely, then maybe start him in the next game.

Plus, it gives Duff one final chance, in my opinion. He's had enough chances - and this is his crunch one. He's had an easy ride in terms of starting games so far. Early in the season, he only started games because he had a big reputation. Later on in the season, he's only started games because there's been no one else.

Now that N'Zogbia's back - it means his place is under threat. Zog should be fit to start the game after Boro, so Duff needs to be on the ball. If i were the manager, it would be Duff's judgement day. Perform now or you're dropped. It has to be done. You're not only hindering N'Zogbia's chances, possibly the brightest young talent we've had in years, but you're hindering the team's chances by starting Duff.

Make or break for the Irish 'wing wizard' as far as i am concerned. Start him.

I want:

Given

Nobby    Gooch        Taylor     Baba

Butt

Parker

Milner                                  Zoggy

Dyer

Martins

We will get:

Given

Taylor   Bramble      Gooch    Hunty

Parker

Dyer

Nobby                                   Duff

Sibierski

Martins

I fear your right, i feel Roeder picked the wrong team V Wigan and this cost us a result.

Nobby has been a revelation at RB and MUST MUST continue to play there as he and Milner link up very well together on the RW, it enables us to play it out of defence instead of hoofing it, also Milner (player of the season so far imo) gets back very well to help defend when nesscessary.

Taylor should always play CB if we want him to get better there, unless in emergency, as playing him out of position does him no favours at all. If Shambles plays i fear the worst as he'll leave his man on a set play allowing a free header.

Baba i think isn't as bad as some make out he's looked ok, however Edgar looked great there (what a debut v Man U)  for a while and then we dropped him??? Why? For this game its a toss up between Edgar and Duff for me, and i'd start with Duff, with Edgar on the bench on standbye in case of another no show by Duff or Zoggy.

Le Sib will get no change from Woody, he's not good enough, but a Dyer Martins combination might do, Dyer is very suspect in the midfield, leaving lots of holes for the opposition to exploit and doesn't pass it well, definately need to play him up top where he is at his most effective for us. Although Woody is fast and reads the game so well he can' t mark them both and over a short sprint Martins or Dyer should better him.

I've thought long and hard about this, and I feel that we need a radical approach to see of Boro:

Martins

Carr Luque Emre Dyer

Butt Ramage Bramble

Taylor

Given Harper

I suggest that if we sit back and defend all game, Given and Harper can get some shots on target with long kicks from half way.

Luque could be the next Marcelino. With the Boro left back sitting back expecting some pace, Butt's lack of pace is going to totally confuse him.

Dyer is the perfect replacement for injury prone Babayaro.

The technical ability and first touch of Ramage will allow for some effective first-time long distance passes.

If Boro get too good, Emre can racially abuse that Fat Aussie Mark Viduka.

Having Taylor AMC is a risk as he may get sent off, but there is a bigger chance of his dives winning penalties.

Martins is small, but has a good leap on him.

Carr would make a very effective right back.

I've thought long and hard about this, and I feel that we need a radical approach to see of Boro:

Martins

Carr Luque Emre Dyer

Butt Ramage Bramble

Taylor

Given Harper

I suggest that if we sit back and defend all game, Given and Harper can get some shots on target with long kicks from half way.

Luque could be the next Marcelino. With the Boro left back sitting back expecting some pace, Butt's lack of pace is going to totally confuse him.

Dyer is the perfect replacement for injury prone Babayaro.

The technical ability and first touch of Ramage will allow for some effective first-time long distance passes.

If Boro get too good, Emre can racially abuse that Fat Aussie Mark Viduka.

Having Taylor AMC is a risk as he may get sent off, but there is a bigger chance of his dives winning penalties.

Martins is small, but has a good leap on him.

Carr would make a very effective right back.

haha quality post :lol:

And not far off Roeders tatics  O0

I'd go for :

Given

Nobby  Taylor  Gooch  Edgar

Milner  Butt  Parker  N'Zogbia

Dyer  Martins

Subs:

Harper

Sibierski

Duff

Huntington

Carroll

Prediction :

Newcastle 2-1 Boro

I would go with that starting 11, the middle is as boring as hell but the wings should offer something going forward.  I guess that the left will be totally different once the tactical genius gets his team on paper, he’ll probably find a starting place for Duff and Babayaro.

He can't use giving Milner a rest as a reason for dropping him, this is a big test for Roeder, the fact that it's at home will probably see him through, that and Boro being shite most of the time when they come to Newcastle, it's probably an inferiority complex.

Guest andynufc84

My team, providing Babayaro being fit.

Given

Baba

Taylor

Bramble

Solano

Duff

Butt

Parker

Milner

Dyer

Martins

I would prefer to see a CB pairing of Taylor and Bramble, Bramble is playing well and Taylor is probably our best CB. So for me there is no space in the team for Gooch. Nobby must play RB and if fit Baba must play LB.

As for midfield, I would like to see Duff be given another chance. Its time for him to step up and perform and hopefully he can deliver. Parker and Butt in the middle - we don't really have any other options. Milner on the right, goes without saying.

And up front Martins and Dyer, our best partnership up front. We are a much better team with Dyer.

My team, providing Babayaro being fit.

Given

Baba

Taylor

Bramble

Solano

Duff

Butt

Parker

Milner

Dyer

Martins

I would prefer to see a CB pairing of Taylor and Bramble, Bramble is playing well and Taylor is probably our best CB. So for me there is no space in the team for Gooch. Nobby must play RB and if fit Baba must play LB.

As for midfield, I would like to see Duff be given another chance. Its time for him to step up and perform and hopefully he can deliver. Parker and Butt in the middle - we don't really have any other options. Milner on the right, goes without saying.

And up front Martins and Dyer, our best partnership up front. We are a much better team with Dyer.

I think Gooch deserves to be in the starting 11 more than Bramble

So far Gooch didnt let us down and has played well

In the last couple of games Titus has played well too but with him the fatal mistake is always around the corner

Only my humble opinion of course O0

Guest andynufc84

Lets be honest though, Taylor, Gooch and Bramble will all play tomorrow.

And Taylor will probably be at RB or LB. But he should be in the middle

Guest smoggeordie

Merlins beard!

Guess who's predicted this:

Newcastle v Middlesbrough

They will be a tricky game for Middlesbrough - especially after they were pushed all the way by West Brom in the FA Cup on Tuesday.

Newcastle have not played this week and will have been licking their wounds after their defeat at Wigan last Saturday.

I expect a strong response from Newcastle at home and think they will win this game.

Prediction: 2-0

Given

Solano  Onyewu  Bramble  Taylor

Milner  Parker  Butt  Duff

Dyer  Martins

SUBS

Harper

Huntington

Pattison

N'Zogbia

Sibierski

I'll be very surprised if this isn't what Roeder goes for, assuming that Ramage isn't ready yet, as he seems to be the only player off the injury list in with a shout of making the bench for this one. I'm looking forward to seeing Dyer and Martins torment Woodgate, because he has looked utterly pedestrian in every game I've seen him play this season, he's nowhere near as quick as he was when he was here.

Given, Harper, Solano, Edgar, Taylor, Bramble, Onyewu, Huntington, Butt, Parker, Milner, Duff, Pattison, Troisi, Martins, Dyer, Sibierski, Luque, Carroll, LuaLua.

Think that's wrong mate, because they've left N'Zogbia out and there's no mention at all of Peter Ramage. Lazy journalism.

Given, Harper, Solano, Edgar, Taylor, Bramble, Onyewu, Huntington, Butt, Parker, Milner, Duff, Pattison, Troisi, Martins, Dyer, Sibierski, Luque, Carroll, LuaLua.

Think that's wrong mate, because they've left N'Zogbia out and there's no mention at all of Peter Ramage. Lazy journalism.

Just nicked it from .com. ;D