Newcastle United 0-0 Middlesbrough - Post match thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Bit late but here goes:

Given 6 Not alot to do, kicking average at best.

Nobby 7 After a sloppy start proved that he is still our best passer, nothing to show for it though.

Gooch 7 Looked comfortable, even when making slight errors. Dominated.

Bramble 6 Typical Titus good header, poor passer, poor footballer.

Taylor 7 Can't remember him being beaten down the left once. Solid performance.

Milner 6 Not his best day but still had more threatening moments than anyone else.

Butt 6 Efficient if not spectacular.

Parker 6 Would have got a 10 on dancing on ice for the twirls he does in the centre of the park.

Zoggy 6 Not up to scatch but can be forgive due to unfitness.

Dyer 6 Not on the ball often enough to influence the game. Should have played in midfield with sibers up front.

Martins 7 Looked our closest match winner but not his explosive self. No service.

MOM- Woodgate. Has not lost any talent.

I thought Zog looked good.

What let us down was centre midfield again. Parker was in his usual pedestrian pace.

So you thought Zog was better than Parker??

Whilst i dont always agree with my fellow Gallowgate ender NSG, today i agree that Parker was fecking tripe. As per.

Blimey! Agreed.

I think Parker is probably the biggest single problem in the team. He's absolutely gash, whenever he plays there is just no creativity at all. It's been obvious for ages he can't combine well with Emre, a creative player. People are now also seeing he can't combine well with Butt, a defensive player. Who the hell can Parker combine well with? People are now suggesting Dyer. What I can't get my head around is why on earth are people intent on suggesting option after option to combine with Parker? Just get shot of the usesless t***.

would you agree that parker started very, very well at SJP but has fallen away from the standard he set himself?

remember his first season when he was played in a PURELY defensive midfield role and he was immense - a large, large part of keeping us up that season and pushing us up to 7th....he played like hargreaves when he's at his best...kept it simple, sat deep, chopped people up, ran himself into the ground (everton game!!), won tackles, moved the ball to someone else and didn't worry about getting forward or being creative

now something has changed - be it from his side or the coaching side telling him to do something different, but it's changed

suppose the argument is can we get him back to doing what i consider him to be good at?  or more to the point, do we want to?

Guest Sniffer

N'zogbia was rubbish as he has been all season. I don't understand this " he needs more games " attitude.  Is that to get back to the level of incompetence that he showed from August to December before he got injured?

Given - 6 - Neither here nor there.

Solano - 5 - Position, Nolberto, position.

Taylor - 6 - Wasted. Best CB we have, you cretin Roeder.

Onyewu - 5 - Not too bad, nowt special.

Bramble - 6 - Lost his way (and man) a couple of times, but not too bad.

Milner - 6 - Needs to improve his crossing. Should have been left on to aim for Le Sib.

N'Zogbia - 4  You could see he was having the right ideas, but rusty as fuck.

Parker - 6 - Not a bad performance in a terrible game.

Butt - 7 - Played well, keep it up, Ginge.

Martins - 5 - Fast enough to not need to be offside so much. Needs to think more. Inconsistent.

Dyer - 5 - Seemed to disappear for long periods. No real impact.

Sibierski - 5 - He is what he is - a player who was a decent stop gap, but very very limited.

Roeder - 4 - We didn't lose, bit come on!!! Beasts at home, and that was fucking gash.

What let us down was centre midfield again. Parker was in his usual pedestrian pace.

Whilst i dont always agree with my fellow Gallowgate ender NSG, today i agree that Parker was fecking tripe. As per.

Blimey! Agreed.

I think Parker is probably the biggest single problem in the team. He's absolutely gash, whenever he plays there is just no creativity at all. It's been obvious for ages he can't combine well with Emre, a creative player. People are now also seeing he can't combine well with Butt, a defensive player. Who the hell can Parker combine well with? People are now suggesting Dyer. What I can't get my head around is why on earth are people intent on suggesting option after option to combine with Parker? Just get shot of the usesless t***.

would you agree that parker started very, very well at SJP but has fallen away from the standard he set himself?

remember his first season when he was played in a PURELY defensive midfield role and he was immense - a large, large part of keeping us up that season and pushing us up to 7th....he played like hargreaves when he's at his best...kept it simple, sat deep, chopped people up, ran himself into the ground (everton game!!), won tackles, moved the ball to someone else and didn't worry about getting forward or being creative

now something has changed - be it from his side or the coaching side telling him to do something different, but it's changed

suppose the argument is can we get him back to doing what i consider him to be good at?  or more to the point, do we want to?

No. I wouldn't agree. What he was doing was putting in 100% graft, throwing himself around and spilling blood for the cause. All very commendable stuff but it doesn't make him a good enough footballer. His reading of the game, anticipation and distribution of the ball are all poor and these are his major failings.

He had one good season at Charlton and that's it as far as I'm concerned. However, as I don't watch Charlton a lot and certainly go to their matches so it's entirely possible that for that one season I was taken in by the media hype that ended with Chelsea spending millions on him before shifting him on to us.

Blimey! Agreed.

No. I wouldn't agree. What he was doing was putting in 100% graft, throwing himself around and spilling blood for the cause. All very commendable stuff but it doesn't make him a good enough footballer. His reading of the game, anticipation and distribution of the ball are all poor and these are his major failings.

He had one good season at Charlton and that's it as far as I'm concerned. However, as I don't watch Charlton a lot and certainly go to their matches so it's entirely possible that for that one season I was taken in by the media hype that ended with Chelsea spending millions on him before shifting him on to us.

I don't agree about hsi reading of the game, i think thats nottoo bad, but the rest is spot on.

He TRIES, but he isn't up to the standard people expect of him because of a couple of good seasons at Charlton.

Its endemic with our fans, though....

Parker is a great player, just not being played right, because of peoples memories and his twistign and turning.

Babayro can do a job for us, because we have no-one else.

Bramble has potential and can become a great player, because he's strong.

Emre is a brilliant midfielder, because he plays alongside dross.

Dyer can play a big part on the wing/up front, because he's fast.

Ameobi is a premiership striker, because he is tall.

Luque is world class because he looked good in a few games on telly in Spain.

All the kinds of things that get spouted, and all ignoring fundamental, fatal flaws in the players themselves.

Blimey! Agreed.

I don't agree about hsi reading of the game, i think thats nottoo bad, but the rest is spot on.

He TRIES, but he isn't up to the standard people expect of him because of a couple of good seasons at Charlton.

Its endemic with our fans, though....

Parker is a great player, just not being played right, because of peoples memories and his twistign and turning.

Babayro can do a job for us, because we have no-one else.

Bramble has potential and can become a great player, because he's strong.

Emre is a brilliant midfielder, because he plays alongside dross.

Dyer can play a big part on the wing/up front, because he's fast.

Ameobi is a premiership striker, because he is tall.

Luque is world class because he looked good in a few games on telly in Spain.

All the kinds of things that get spouted, and all ignoring fundamental, fatal flaws in the players themselves.

that sort of thinking could be ascribed to many other teams,some man u fans i know are as critical towards gary neville,darran fletcher,saha doesn't score enough,get shot of rooney while he still has value,carrick never dominatesa a game,ferdinand is good on the ball but an average defender.

there is the critical and the ultra critical,those who regularly claim a player is "shit" because he isn't world class..let's face it with an injury ravaged season we're 11th,how much better we'd be with a fit squad is open to debate.

while it is understandable to want the best in evry position,it isn't understandable to get so boiled when it doesn't happen.

Guest newcastle4life

Awful game awful result should have got 3 points.

Your connection must be really slow. :lol:

Nah just me