Newcastle United 0-0 Middlesbrough - Post match thoughts.

BlufPurdi

I'd like to see the following midfield given a chance against AZ:

Duff or Zoggy - Parker - Dyer - Milner

And then Le Sib and Martins together up front.  Parker & Butt don't work well together, and we'd be better off asking Dyer to go back to midfield and using Le Sib as a striker for his height.

i find the whole parker and butt don't work together thing a bit unfair on butt to be honest.  he's played well all season, whereas parker hasn't IMO

Can't believe some people have suggested Martins was worse than Dyer today.

Oba was in and out - shocking 1st touch at times - but was our only attacking threat. He twice beat the offside trap (lino got the 1st decision wrong). Dyer? non-existent.

One of the most dismal boring 90 minutes of football i've had the misfortune to witness since the dark days of Daglish. Roedent needs to go and the sooner the better.

What exactly could Roeder have done today to make you happy?

It's not his fault his three wide players couldn't land one cross in the 6 yard box.

Maybe he should told the players not to play this crossing style of play because we all know how tall are our 2 strikers that played today

I think if we played all week we probably never gonna scored a goal after a cross

One of the most dismal boring 90 minutes of football i've had the misfortune to witness since the dark days of Daglish. Roedent needs to go and the sooner the better.

What exactly could Roeder have done today to make you happy?

It's not his fault his three wide players couldn't land one cross in the 6 yard box.

Not just about today though is it?

However I'd quite like to know why we're swinging cross after cross after cross towards two of the smallest, quickest strikers in the league. Meat and drink to defenders like Jonathan Woodgate.

as a lad near us said "a mid season friendly",dull,boring,insipid.

scott parker invisible,at no point did either wide man attempt to put a ball in behind their back four,dyer scared the shit out of pogatetz yet plays most the game in midfield,scott parker invisible,first clean sheet in 8 years.

oh and scott parker was invisible.

I'd like to see the following midfield given a chance against AZ:

Duff or Zoggy - Parker - Dyer - Milner

And then Le Sib and Martins together up front.  Parker & Butt don't work well together, and we'd be better off asking Dyer to go back to midfield and using Le Sib as a striker for his height.

i find the whole parker and butt don't work together thing a bit unfair on butt to be honest.  he's played well all season, whereas parker hasn't IMO

Well drop Parker then.  Point is to bring in a creative presence in the absence of Emre.  That means Dyer or Zoggy.  What we have now are two vaugely defensive central midfielders who don't get back and take the ball out of defence, don't really get forward and whose one and only job is to play the ball out to the wing.  I'm tired of watching Parker doing his little pirouette routine with Butt standing 6 ft away from him.

I'm just going by the Sky highlights, but I'm a bit surprised at the low marks for Zoggy. I thought he looked a bit more composed than usual, and seemed to read the game a bit better. Not many opportunities came his way, and not much came off, but it was a much more mature performance. It looked like they've been doing a bit of work on him.

It was scrappy, as derbies often are, but we looked a bit unlucky not to win. Boro defended well.

Utterly shit. So many poor performances it's untrue. Boro were fucking hopeless and it was simply a case of breaking down a poor team: something we couldn't do. Dyer was shit, but Martins wasn't far behind. Milner and Zog were both very frustrating. I thought Gooch looked very dodgy at times. Parker was probably our best player, but that's not saying much, tbh.

REALLY disappointing, Glen. You must do better against distinctly average teams like this at home.

I thought Zog looked good.

What let us down was centre midfield again. Parker was in his usual pedestrian pace.

So you thought Zog was better than Parker??

Whilst i dont always agree with my fellow Gallowgate ender NSG, today i agree that Parker was fecking tripe. As per.

I know, he only had the 2 best chances of the game.  :rolleyes:

An average game? Yes

Fecking [sic] tripe? Don't be ridiculous.

Goodbye Europe

Today was another proof that Roeder is just average manager

Can someone tell me why Roeder took off Milner when he was playing better than Zoggy who should have really been taken off??

perhaps because including corners milner probably had 20 opportunities to put a decent cross in today and failed to do it once???

or perhaps our manager is s*** and cant see that with that kind of crossing style of play we have no chance when we are playing the likes of Martins and Dyer upfront

Its up to the manager to tell the players how to play

In the 2nd half we were still playing the same style of play and its Roeder fault for that

you're right, roeder clearly told milner to never beat the first man with a cross, and put crap corners in.  FFS!!!

Perhaps not, but he's got a point that playing wide and relying on crosses does us no good with Dyer and Martins up front. They don't have the height to get on the end, even when they actually get a decent cross in to begin with. If we're going to put together an effective attack with those two, we need to build up our passing game and work on springing them forward through the middle.

If crosses are useless, than taking off Milner was the right thing to do anyway. Milner's shit.

Goodbye Europe

Can someone tell me why Roeder took off Milner when he was playing better than Zoggy who should have really been taken off??

perhaps because including corners milner probably had 20 opportunities to put a decent cross in today and failed to do it once???

or perhaps our manager is s*** and cant see that with that kind of crossing style of play we have no chance when we are playing the likes of Martins and Dyer upfront

In the 2nd half we were still playing the same style of play and its Roeder fault for that

you're right, roeder clearly told milner to never beat the first man with a cross, and put crap corners in.  FFS!!!

Perhaps not, but he's got a point that playing wide and relying on crosses does us no good with Dyer and Martins up front. They don't have the height to get on the end, even when they actually get a decent cross in to begin with. If we're going to put together an effective attack with those two, we need to build up our passing game and work on springing them forward through the middle.

If crosses are useless, than taking off Milner was the right thing to do anyway. Milner's shit.

Shit eh. Aye get shot of the fucker, not good enough despite one of the few showing spirit and despite being one of the few able to actually fucking score from the midfield. No he is no wonderboy but calling him shit puts the rest of the squad into even greater shame.

Can people (not directed at you, just generally) now understand that our players simply cannot be as shite as people make them out to be. Can peope now understand the worth of a good manager?

Goodbye Europe

Shit eh. Aye get shot of the fucker, not good enough despite one of the few showing spirit and despite being one of the few able to actually fucking score from the midfield. No he is no wonderboy but calling him shit puts the rest of the squad into even greater shame.

Can people (not directed at you, just generally) now understand that our players simply cannot be as shite as people make them out to be. Can peope now understand the worth of a good manager?

For many fans of this club, there's a very thin (even non-existent) line between awesome and shit.

s*** eh. Aye get shot of the fucker, not good enough despite one of the few showing spirit and despite being one of the few able to actually f****** score from the midfield. No he is no wonderboy but calling him s*** puts the rest of the squad into even greater shame.

Can people (not directed at you, just generally) now understand that our players simply cannot be as s**** as people make them out to be. Can peope now understand the worth of a good manager?

Watching Newcastle is a bit like going to the bar and having a pint put in a glass and only getting a half out.

Guest Ridzuan

The first half of the match was one of the most boring first half I have ever seen in any match.Fortunately,the second half got better but still,we failed to score.Martins had a good chance of scoring in the first half.I dont know what he was trying to do in bringing the ball forward when he should have shoot it first time using his left foot,that should be a better chance.Overall,I think the team did OK.The back four was fine and Bramble performed well surprisingly.The midfield was fine as well with Parker and Butt doing well going forward.It wasnt Milner's best performance for us and so was Nzogbia but Zoggy was much more poor than Milner.Dyer and Martins did OK as well.If we are going to beat Alkmaar this thursday,we need to improve on that performance or we can forget about going further in the UEFA cup.

Guest super_shay1

Think it's unfair to be having a go at Milner like....seen as he's been our best player this season imo... why don't people stop saying he's s*** when he's only young and gonna learn more from experience. Quite annoying when he plays good and people say he's awesome etc and then when he has one bad game, people start staying he's s***, same as when they slag the other players off for just one bloody bad game. Give the lads a break apart from the ones that obviously deserve it.

HA'WAY THE TOON!!

Given - Nothing to do. Might as well have gone to the pub for a drink.  6

Solano - Smart, intelligent play. Crosses went nowhere though.  6

Oneywu - One of his more Boumsong-esque days. Still finding his feet, I hope.  5

Bramble - About as solid as Titus Bramble gets.  7

Taylor - Did his best to go forward, but things didn't really work out. Definitely looks uncomfortable at full back. 6

Butt - One really good pass, one really good tackle. Must've gone for a smoke after that. 6

Parker - Best player on the pitch today by a mile, although that isn't saying much. Created a lot going forward and made some critical stops. I'd disagree with the majority and say that he's slowly but surely returning to form. 7

Zoggy - Running and Ball Control was wonderful. Forgot we actually had players that could do that. The passing however.... Worst I've ever seen in any sort of Premiership match. Looks like he doesn't remember what his team-mates play like at all. 5

Milner - 973621 crosses. 973620 of them were completely useless. Granted, for what he's done for us this season, he deserves to get off scot-free for a few of these. 5

Martins - Tried hard, but two truly woeful first touches showed that it just wasn't his day. 5

Dyer - Steven Taylor had more influence on our play in the last third than Dyer did. Where was he? 5

Overall, can't believe we somehow didn't win this. Middlesborough gift-wrapped the three points and handed them to us on a platter, but we were to busy jacking off or summat to just take it and run.

In a way, even more depressing than our loss at Wigan last week.

What let us down was centre midfield again. Parker was in his usual pedestrian pace.

Whilst i dont always agree with my fellow Gallowgate ender NSG, today i agree that Parker was fecking tripe. As per.

Blimey! Agreed.

I think Parker is probably the biggest single problem in the team. He's absolutely gash, whenever he plays there is just no creativity at all. It's been obvious for ages he can't combine well with Emre, a creative player. People are now also seeing he can't combine well with Butt, a defensive player. Who the hell can Parker combine well with? People are now suggesting Dyer. What I can't get my head around is why on earth are people intent on suggesting option after option to combine with Parker? Just get shot of the usesless twat.

Blimey! Agreed.

I think Parker is probably the biggest single problem in the team. He's absolutely gash, whenever he plays there is just no creativity at all. It's been obvious for ages he can't combine well with Emre, a creative player. People are now also seeing he can't combine well with Butt, a defensive player. Who the hell can Parker combine well with? People are now suggesting Dyer. What I can't get my head around is why on earth are people intent on suggesting option after option to combine with Parker? Just get shot of the usesless t***.

I think the real problem is Glenn Roeder

And one more thing...

If Parker had scored that header in the 89th minute you and all Parker's haters probably would say how important he is to the team

I cant understand why people are putting all the fault at him

I think today he played solid,nothing spectacular but not as shit as some of you are trying to make of him

I wonder why do you blame always Parker and you dont say anything about Nicky Butt who imo has been average in most of the games he played with Parker

You blame our captain and you dont say anything about the player who this time last year most of you wanted death

Its just shows how quick peoples opinions can change here...

Unbelievable :uglystupid2:

Blimey! Agreed.

I think Parker is probably the biggest single problem in the team. He's absolutely gash, whenever he plays there is just no creativity at all. It's been obvious for ages he can't combine well with Emre, a creative player. People are now also seeing he can't combine well with Butt, a defensive player. Who the hell can Parker combine well with? People are now suggesting Dyer. What I can't get my head around is why on earth are people intent on suggesting option after option to combine with Parker? Just get shot of the usesless t***.

And one more thing...

If Parker had scored that header in the 89th minute you and all Parker's haters probably would say how important he is to the team

I think today he played solid,nothing spectacular but not as s*** as some of you are trying to make of him

I wonder why do you blame always Parker and you dont say anything about Nicky Butt who imo has been average in most of the games he played with Parker

You blame our captain and you dont say anything about the player who this time last year most of you wanted death

Which opinion of mine has changed about Parker?

By the way, suggesting somebody would change their view of a footballer based on one incident is a bit daft, even if he had the odd good 90 minutes it wouldn't deflect from the fact that he's normally not good enough.

Parker haters?  bluelaugh.gif

Who exactly are these people who hate him? The reality is that nobody hates the bloke, some just don't rate him very highly as a footballer. I suggest you learn the difference.

Think it's unfair to be having a go at Milner like....seen as he's been our best player this season imo... why don't people stop saying he's s*** when he's only young and gonna learn more from experience. Quite annoying when he plays good and people say he's awesome etc and then when he has one bad game, people start staying he's s***, same as when they slag the other players off for just one bloody bad game. Give the lads a break apart from the ones that obviously deserve it.

HA'WAY THE TOON!!

Exactly, around the ManU game he was voted on here as the MOTM for about 5 games in a row but now he has played a few poor games (obviously the rest of the team are playing fantastic) he is shit. Lets not take into account the lad is just turned 21 and has played 42 games this season. He is shit and should be sold asap so we can sign Ronaldo from ManU as thats the sort of player people think we should be having play for us.

Blimey! Agreed.

And one more thing...

I think today he played solid,nothing spectacular but not as s*** as some of you are trying to make of him

By the way, suggesting somebody would change their view of a footballer based on one incident is stupid, even if he had the odd good 90 minutes it wouldn't deflect from the fact that he's normally not good enough.

Parker haters?  bluelaugh.gif How old are you? Who exactly are these people who hate him? The reality is that nobody hates the bloke, some just don't rate him very highly as a footballer. I suggest you learn the difference.

I didnt express myself correctly

haters=critics

You and alot of people here constantly are critising him when other players like Butt are average as him but you dont criticize Butt you only criticize Parker

Butt had played some good games for us but so did Parker

IMO Parker is good player and all these opinions "he is not good enough" are coming from people who dont kmow anything about football at all

Its the same people that are telling Milner is shit when they were saying the day before that he is our best player

Blimey! Agreed.

And one more thing...

By the way, suggesting somebody would change their view of a footballer based on one incident is stupid, even if he had the odd good 90 minutes it wouldn't deflect from the fact that he's normally not good enough.

Parker haters?  bluelaugh.gif How old are you? Who exactly are these people who hate him? The reality is that nobody hates the bloke, some just don't rate him very highly as a footballer. I suggest you learn the difference.

I didnt express myself correctly

haters=critics

You and alot of people here constantly are critising him when other players like Butt are average as him but you dont criticize Butt you only criticize Parker

Butt had played some good games for us but so did Parker

IMO Parker is good player and all these opinions "he is not good enough" are coming from people who dont kmow anything about football at all

Its the same people that are telling Milner is s*** when they were saying the day before that he is our best player

Butt does his job better than Parker does his, whatever it's supposed to be.

The bit I highlighted in bold is wrong, tbh.

BTW I edited my other post because I didn't express myself properly as well.