Newcastle United 0-0 Middlesbrough - Post match thoughts.

BlufPurdi

I am sick as fk of these piss poor performances from so called top layers, we need Emre and Owen back now!!

I'm not sure that anything that means more decisions for Roeder helps us much.

Farking dreadful.

Again.

Next home game we need to start chanting "Emre Emre Emre Emre", he has done nowt wrong until found guilty by the FA and until then we need to fkn play him!

He will take the game to an opponent, take upon himslef to create chances, Dyerw as havng to drop back into midfield to pick the ball up rather than staying uptop with Martins. Both Parker and Butt were passing back and square, back and square. There were a few times Butt would spray the ball out to Milner but it did not happen very offten. Thier  constant passing back to Titus seemed to force him to try the long ball into the channel for Milner, but everyone he hit went out of play.

BRING BACK EMRE!!!!

sick of this gutless approach to every game.. well done Glenn, once again..

Roeder seems rather spineless to me.  It's no surprise that the team plays in a gutless manner really.

It wouldn't surprise me if he apologizes to opposition managers after the game if Newcastle win.

I am sick as fk of these piss poor performances from so called top layers, we need Emre and Owen back now!!

Farking dreadful.

Again.

What decision did he get wrong today like?

I swear some people sometimes just hear something once and thinks its the case for all games.

Ya what?

What have Emre and Owen got to do with today?

Southgate wanted headbutting for telling Pogatetz to sit down when he was hobbling over to the dugout for treatment, now thats spineless managment, Southgate came for a 0-0 and was going to use every situation he could to run the clock down.

If i was a smoggie I would be gutted to see my team go to the Toon and try to kill the game the way they did..

Owen can finish and will finish his chances

Emre will get at teams, he wil ltake them and and try dam hard to create an opening, he always looks for a forward pass first! We missed have that for to long now..

Farking dreadful.

Again.

What decision did he get wrong today like?

I swear some people sometimes just hear something once and thinks its the case for all games.

Ya what?

Basically, in one or two games he's made a couple of dubious decisions regarding team selection (just one or two games), and people assume he's going to make bad decisions all the time. What a load of crap.

Ah, I see. Well forgive me but his selection fuckups for me seem to outweigh any outstanding selection successes. The team often show more on the pitch when the decisions are forced on him, and his selections when he has had options have on occasion cost us dearly.

Since he has come to the club he has had to prove he has the ability not the other way round, and so far he has proved very little. Until he does, just deal with peoples suspicions of him and don't get so farking defensive of the man when people make the odd sarky comment.

Poor performance, Boro came for a point and they rarely looked like not getting it. They offered absolutely nothing going forward and would never have scored, but we never took advantage of this.

Difficult to pick a MOTM, no-one stood out. Thought Sibierski should have come on a lot earlier than he did, and for Dyer, because he had a shocker. Taking Milner off for the Sib was daft imo.

Desperately missing Emre.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

We are shit, and will remain shit until Freddy Shepherd is removed as chairman.

Poor performance, Boro came for a point and they rarely looked like not getting it. They offered absolutely nothing going forward and would never have scored, but we never took advantage of this.

Difficult to pick a MOTM, no-one stood out. Thought Sibierski should have come on a lot earlier than he did, and for Dyer, because he had a shocker. Taking Milner off for the Sib was daft imo.

See I thought Milner was having a shocker and put about two decent crosses in all day, when he had the opportunity to put in at least a dozen.

Didn't have a good game, but as one of our only players willing to put a cross in, he should have stayed on with the Sib as the aerial threat. I reckon you'd have to go back years for the last time Dyer put something resembling a high cross into the box.

Dyer did nothing when he went wide right but Milner was knackerd, when Oba got a bloody nose and was down Milner was doing stretches, he may very well have been feeling his hamstring so it could have been a forced change.

Milbers crossing was very poor today but at least he tries when her gets the ball, takes on the fullback and drives forward.

What was the major difference today from last week? evertone whinged that Milner was left out, yet today him playing had little effect at all on how we did.

Just wathced a few replays and that was ablatent shove on Dyer just as he was about to hit it, when things like that go against you, you get the feeling its going to be one of those days.

Roeders Newcastle World interview is worth a watch, really does shock in a few things he said. "The two central defenders were outstanding" and yes he did means ours not theirs.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Given: 7

Solano: 7

Gooch: 6

Bramble: 7

Taylor: 7

Milner: 6

Butt: 6

Parker: 7

Zoggy: 6

Dyer: 7

Martins: 6

Average performance from most of the guys, should have won it as we were the only team who was able to play football, just didnt take our chances.....

See I thought Milner was having a shocker and put about two decent crosses in all day, when he had the opportunity to put in at least a dozen.

Didn't have a good game, but as one of our only players willing to put a cross in, he should have stayed on with the Sib as the aerial threat. I reckon you'd have to go back years for the last time Dyer put something resembling a high cross into the box.

thought it was totally pointless for Milner to ping crosses into the box through the match. Dyer and Martins were both dropping deep or going wide to get the ball and neither are too clever in the air, certainly not against Premiership centre-halves. Furthermore there was no-one from midfield bursting forward into the box to attack the ball. I would've liked Milner to bring the ball into the box himself and drag it back a la Ljungberg or Pires, something he is more than capable of doing. Ironically once he went off Parker decided to try and bomb on upfront and we also had the Sib in there. Personally i would've brought off Zoggy, he never quite got into the match for me, but glad to see him back all the same.

Absolutely appaling end product, not a single good cross or final ball all game except for when Butt played Oba through. Fucking shit.

Dyer was awful, I don't think he actually has the footballing ability to hit a ball off the ground.

Guest BooBoo

One of the most dismal boring 90 minutes of football i've had the misfortune to witness since the dark days of Daglish. Roedent needs to go and the sooner the better.

I'd like to see the following midfield given a chance against AZ:

Duff or Zoggy - Parker - Dyer - Milner

And then Le Sib and Martins together up front.  Parker & Butt don't work well together, and we'd be better off asking Dyer to go back to midfield and using Le Sib as a striker for his height.

Guest BooBoo

I thought Zog looked good.

What let us down was centre midfield again. Parker was in his usual pedestrian pace.

So you thought Zog was better than Parker??

Whilst i dont always agree with my fellow Gallowgate ender NSG, today i agree that Parker was fecking tripe. As per.

HELLO LADS,

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND WOULD JUST LIKE TO SHARE MY DISSAPOINTMENT WITH YOU ALL ABOUT TODAYS RESULT.

I THAUGHT THAT FOR A DERBY GAME WE WERE TOO NICE TO THE OPPOSITION.

THE WIDE MEN WERE DOUBLED UP ON EVERYTIME WE GOT THE BALL AND WE DIDNT FIND TO MANAGE SPACE ANYWHERE IN MIDFIELD.

I ALSO THAUGHT THAT THE MOVEMENT OF DYER AND MARTINS WAS QUITE POOR AND I AM JUST HOPING THAT THERE IS AN IMPROVEMENT FOR WHEN I MAKE THE LONG TRIP DOWN ON THE BUS TO CHARLTON

STILL NO SIGN OF MY TICKETS THOUGH :(

THANKS!

HELLO LADS,

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND WOULD JUST LIKE TO SHARE MY DISSAPOINTMENT WITH YOU ALL ABOUT TODAYS RESULT.

I THAUGHT THAT FOR A DERBY GAME WE WERE TOO NICE TO THE OPPOSITION.

THE WIDE MEN WERE DOUBLED UP ON EVERYTIME WE GOT THE BALL AND WE DIDNT FIND TO MANAGE SPACE ANYWHERE IN MIDFIELD.

I ALSO THAUGHT THAT THE MOVEMENT OF DYER AND MARTINS WAS QUITE POOR AND I AM JUST HOPING THAT THERE IS AN IMPROVEMENT FOR WHEN I MAKE THE LONG TRIP DOWN ON THE BUS TO CHARLTON

STILL NO SIGN OF MY TICKETS THOUGH :(

THANKS!

Welcome but lose the caps please. Ta. :)