Newcastle United 0-0 Middlesbrough - Post match thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Guest Douga

Why are people calling boro??

If we were good enough we could break them down

We have no creative player in th team atm.

Milner showed his true potential today. shite

Guest andynufc84

Well it was shite, I felt Newcastle shaded in terms of possesion/play but only just. We never really looked like breaking them down, we had a couple half half chances.

I don't feel we have any chance of Europe and tbh, I don't feel we deserve it. We are limping through the season picking up a point here, a fortunate win there. To qualify we would need to go on a run and put wins together but we simply don't look like doing that.

We look a disjointed half a side, devoid of creative spark and too many players who arn't really delivering when it counts.

In truth we are an average side, thats why we are in the middle of the table and thats where we'll finish imo. We are desperate for fresh faces as we are about 4 quality players short at the minute. 

Were all the people giving Bramble an 8 watching every time he gave away posession by blasting it in the general direction of Schwartzer? 

He did that only 2-3 times which was annoying but except that he was excellent imo

Goodbye Europe

Today was another proof that Roeder is just average manager

Can someone tell me why Roeder took off Milner when he was playing better than Zoggy who should have really been taken off??

perhaps because including corners milner probably had 20 opportunities to put a decent cross in today and failed to do it once???

Goodbye Europe

Can someone tell me why Roeder took off Milner when he was playing better than Zoggy who should have really been taken off??

perhaps because including corners milner probably had 20 opportunities to put a decent cross in today and failed to do it once???

or perhaps our manager is shit and cant see that with that kind of crossing style of play we have no chance when we are playing the likes of Martins and Dyer upfront

Its up to the manager to tell the players how to play

In the 2nd half we were still playing the same style of play and its Roeder fault for that

Guest Hibbits left foot

End of season , going through the motions crap.All we have left to play for is Uefa and that wont last much longer, lets admit it, were miles away from the top six and Glen n Fred arent the people to get us there.

Goodbye Europe

or perhaps our manager is s*** and cant see that with that kind of crossing style of play we have no chance when we are playing the likes of Martins and Dyer upfront

In the 2nd half we were still playing the same style of play and its Roeder fault for that

you're right, roeder clearly told milner to never beat the first man with a cross, and put crap corners in.  FFS!!!

Goodbye Europe

or perhaps our manager is s*** and cant see that with that kind of crossing style of play we have no chance when we are playing the likes of Martins and Dyer upfront

you're right, roeder clearly told milner to never beat the first man with a cross, and put crap corners in.  FFS!!!

Perhaps not, but he's got a point that playing wide and relying on crosses does us no good with Dyer and Martins up front. They don't have the height to get on the end, even when they actually get a decent cross in to begin with. If we're going to put together an effective attack with those two, we need to build up our passing game and work on springing them forward through the middle.

Why on earth are people giving Bramble an 8? His passing was abysmal probably the worst it has he must have given Boro about 10 goal kicks and his defending was average. Milner was our worst player today and i'd also add Parker was probably MOM but he only deserved a 7

I thought Zog looked good.

What let us down was centre midfield again. Parker was in his usual pedestrian pace.

thought both were poor.  dunno what they must drink in the collingwood insurance box before the man of the match voting starts...........

So you thought Zog was better than Parker??

That has to be the MOST boring game of football I've ever listened to. Both teams were crap with posession and couldn't turn any of their chances into goals. They say there are boring 0-0's but that was unbelievable.

Given 6 - Nothing to do.

Taylor 6

Bramble 7 - Solid again.

Onyewu 5 - Bramble-esque.

Solano 6

Milner 5 - Incredibly wasteful.

Parker 6

Butt 7 - Best of a mediocre bunch.

N'Zogbia 6 - Decent comeback, didn't look as confident on the ball as he normally does, though.

Dyer 6 - Involved in most of our attacks, tirelessly ran down every ball.

Martins 5 - Displayed a poor first touch & lack of composure today.

Sigh.

Forget his countless good games and productivity, one game like this PROVES he is shit. Same doesn't apply to the likes of Martins and N'Zogbia etc though...

Sigh.

Forget his countless good games and productivity, one game like this PROVES he is shit. Same doesn't apply to the likes of Martins and N'Zogbia etc though...

Come on, GeJon, use ya head! That's DIFFERENT, for reasons which aren't readily apparent at the moment but are surely sound and convincing arguments...

Milner showed his true potential today. s****

Sigh.

He was appalling today like.

Absolutely dire game, we had a few chances we should have taken, but we were shocking.

Was set right next to the away fans in SJH L7, was a decent atomosphere, the rest of the ground seemed rather dead though!

Crap game they came to defend so were no real threat, Schwarzers time wasting was a disgrace and he was not even warned for it.

Woody was great today for them, he cleared everything we threw in there, granted our crosses were of poor quality today though, Milner did well to push on and get into crossing positions, he just never fired a decent one in. Martins first touch has never been great but today it was shocking, even Nobby had a very poor first 20 mins or so.

Parker again did little else but a few tackles. Zoggy started well enough but as exspected he died off later on, needs games is all though. Butt was okay I suppose, he would have been my MOTM.

Gooch had a poor game and was lucky a few times, Titus did okay and Taylor seemed fine at LB although was never under and real pressure. Dyer ran his nutts off but tried to do to much on his own.

Our movement off the ball is very poor, its hard to pick a pass when no one is moving for you, its a case of eveyrone leaving to each other again.

I am sick as fk of these piss poor performances from so called top layers, we need Emre and Owen back now!!

Dreadful.  Appalling.  Abysmal.  Shocking.  Dire.

A 3-5-2 system of play, huh? 

I'd go with Clueless and Mc' NoEndProduct up front with Shat - Diarrhea - Leakyhole wiping up the rear.