Premiership's most overrated player

Guest BooBoo

The final countdown...

3) Ryan Giggs.

Not saying he's bad (he's not, he's good) but he's been made out to be some sort of living legend over the past couple of days but to me he's not been that great for a long, long time. He's not played like Krustiano Ronaldo has this season for more than 10 years and the defining "magic" moment was getting onto 8 years ago now and in the mean time he's not been owt special(Even getting booed off at the Swamp on a regular basis a few years back). Good player who plays for a great team for a long time does not a great player make.

2) Wayne Rooney

Not scored in the champions league since September 28, 2004. Goal tally this season totally shown up by the far more effective Ronaldo. Nice skills, can be spectacular but is far too quiet far too often for a player of such reputation.

1) Nemanja Vidic

Great (I mean, great) in the air but once the ball drops below head height? s****. Especially when dragged out wide left into the space behind Evra. Totally exposed time and time again by Bellamy yesterday, jammy c*** got away with this time (Unlike when exposed by Ireland in the derby for Trabelsi to score or by Sheringham for Reo-Coker)

Special non-bitter - non-Manure award goes to:

Tim Cahill. I don't know why they don't just play him upfront. s**** midfielder in almost every way - cant pass, cant tackle, is a bit of a c***, but he can make a run, jump really high and can head a ball - so he's a star? Sums up the overly TV/Highlight based nature of the modern game when such a limited player can do so well for himself just on the basis of nicking the odd goal. Glad Arteta is starting to score a load too cos he's a miles better player and deserves a lot more kudos.

3 Man u players, no bias involved whatsoever

Guest smoggeordie

Michael Owen.

Just an honest opinion.

Same, always thought it.

But now, Lampard would have to be up there, without doubt.  Jenas isn't really overrated, to be honest, people do think of him as an average player on the whole, and getting in the England squad doesn't mean he's rated, just that we don't have as good as team as we pretend we do.

Aye, makes me laugh when people say Owen is a world class player. He is a world class finisher I will give him that but if one good asset made you world class there would be a hell of a lot of world class players in the world!

I must be mistaken then for thinking the job of a striker is finishing a chance. Michael Owen is world class. End of.

Michael Owen.

Just an honest opinion.

Same, always thought it.

But now, Lampard would have to be up there, without doubt.  Jenas isn't really overrated, to be honest, people do think of him as an average player on the whole, and getting in the England squad doesn't mean he's rated, just that we don't have as good as team as we pretend we do.

Aye, makes me laugh when people say Owen is a world class player. He is a world class finisher I will give him that but if one good asset made you world class there would be a hell of a lot of world class players in the world!

I must be mistaken then for thinking the job of a striker is finishing a chance. Michael Owen is world class. End of.

Owen - 227 games - 125 goals - goal every 1.81 games

I think his scoring record in the Premiership speaks for itself tbh.

Rooney and Lampard.

Rooney plays well once every about 10 matches (and that's being generous).  Then when he actually does something good, the goal against Pompey in the FA Cup, for example, commentators have a mass wanking session and say shit like "He's the only player on the pitch that could do that."  Give me a fucking break!  He's not fit to lick Messi's or CRonaldo's boots.

Lampard I will never understand, he's crap.  Proves it time after time when he's playing for England.  Gets away with it at Chelsea because of their tactics and the players around him.  Infact, you forget he's even on the pitch most of the time.  Lampard always seems to score a lot of goals, but about 90% of them are jammy deflections.

Can't believe the slating Rooney is getting on here TBH. The kid is only 21, has had a few injuries this season and no summer break last year (i.e: No time to recover from his metertarsal before the WC).

He's a real talent. A class above anything we've got in our squad and he has the potential to lead Englands attack for years.

Oh, and for me, Jenas deserves all the stick he gets. Don't get what he offers England or Spurs for that matter.

Can't tackle, rarely commits going forward, almost always passes sideways, hasn't really got a shot on him and can't head for toffee. Ideal for the middle of the park, eh?

Michael Owen.

Just an honest opinion.

Same, always thought it.

I don't think he is world class personally. End of.  To me a world class player is one who would be good enough to walk into any team in the world, not one that has to leave one due to lack of games.

Michael Owen.

Just an honest opinion.

Same, always thought it.

I don't think he is world class personally. End of.  To me a world class player is one who would be good enough to walk into any team in the world, not one that has to leave one due to lack of games.

It didn't matter how well Owen played as Raul was undroppable.

Owen being left out of the madrid team was not down to him being not good enough.

He still isnt world class. If Owen is world class what is Drogba or Henry?

They're just a different type of striker, Drogba's goals to games ratio in the Premiership doesn't even come close to Owen's however he makes up for it with his all round contribution to the team.

You could say if Gerrard is World class then what is Ronaldinho? IMO both are World class but it depends on what you define a World Class player to be.

For me a World class player is someone who has been excellent at the highest level over a period of time, Owen has done that.

I would say RVN was in a different league to Owen.

In what way?

In the way that he was bigger, stronger and basically better than Owen in what he done.

I don't get you. Both are 100% finishers that contribute virtually nothing else to a team. Both have ridiculously good scoring records for both club and country. Yet one is 'in a different league' to the other.

I would say RVN was in a different league to Owen.

In what way?

In the way that he was bigger, stronger and basically better than Owen in what he done.

I think you're clutching at straws there, mate.

What else do you want me to fucking say, jesus wept!

RVN is basically the same as Owen in terms of what they do for their clubs but I think RVN is better at it.

I want you to explain why one is the Premiership's most overrated player and one is in a different league, when we've agreed they do pretty much the same thing.

Both are world class finishers, that's what they do. They are shit defenders, tacklers and probably crossers. Crap in net too.

If Owen is not world class (look at his record for club AND country), who is?

Because Henry is as deadly as Owen but with so much more to his game likes good crossing, freekicks, gets a very good amount of assists (as does Drogba).

In regards to RVN I would GUESS his scoring ratio is probably better than Owens but I could be wrong. Although I never claimed that he was world class just that I think he is in a different league to Owen.