Premiership's most overrated player

Guest BooBoo

Guest kingdawson

Eh?

How else do you determine it then?

goalscoring stats only show the amount of goals a player has scored. The only way you can determine who is the better finisher is if you can find stats that show a players goal per chance ratio.

christiano ronaldo for me. having a good season no doubt, but is regularly being touted as 'the best player in the world' which is ridiculous. his all round game is far from complete and rarely poses the same sort of threat when up against a decent left back. has actually achieved very little in the game to date, yet the hype surrounding him is stratospheric - a cynic might suggest man yoo stoke the flames hoping to get his transfer fee sky high come the summer when barca and real come calling.

It's hardly ridiculous to call Ronaldo the best player in the world, care to name me 5 players currently peforming better than him?

Guest kingdawson

I only remember Titus Bramble having one chance last season in the Premiership, a volley against Chelsea which he put in the back of the net.

Best finisher ever tbh.

Constant use of sarcasm is tedious.

I only remember Titus Bramble having one chance last season in the Premiership, a volley against Chelsea which he put in the back of the net.

Best finisher ever tbh.

Constant use of sarcasm is tedious.

Not as tedious as the constant use of Bramble, trust me.

Guest BillyRay Valentine

christiano ronaldo for me. having a good season no doubt, but is regularly being touted as 'the best player in the world' which is ridiculous. his all round game is far from complete and rarely poses the same sort of threat when up against a decent left back. has actually achieved very little in the game to date, yet the hype surrounding him is stratospheric - a cynic might suggest man yoo stoke the flames hoping to get his transfer fee sky high come the summer when barca and real come calling.

It's hardly ridiculous to call Ronaldo the best player in the world, care to name me 5 players currently peforming better than him?

don't get a chance to watch any of the european leagues so i'll have to stick with the prem. in man yoo's team alone, i'd say giggs, neville and scholes are having just as good a season  if not better (all of whom have better work rates and give more to the team as a whole). if its goals alone then surely drogba should be considered better. also i've yet to see ronaldo turn it on in the champs league like he does against midtable trundlers in the premiership. i'm not saying he isn't a wonderfully talented player, he obviously is, but the best player in the world? don't believe the hype.

Guest kingdawson

don't get a chance to watch any of the european leagues so i'll have to stick with the prem. in man yoo's team alone, i'd say giggs, neville and scholes are having just as good a season  if not better (all of whom have better work rates and give more to the team as a whole). if its goals alone then surely drogba should be considered better. also i've yet to see ronaldo turn it on in the champs league like he does against midtable trundlers in the premiership. i'm not saying he isn't a wonderfully talented player, he obviously is, but the best player in the world? don't believe the hype.

None of those players have had as good a season as ronaldo (Neville hasnt even been that good tbh).

Ronaldo has been immense. Especially considering his age, as well, and the World Cup stuff preceeding this season.

16 league goals and 8 assists is fantastic, but BRV is right about his European performances. (3 assists in 6 games, no goals.)

He's been the best player in the PL this season, I think.

Guest Sniffer

So far this season.......Charles N'zogbia. Based on his performances  this season, including Saturday, if he is the future of Newcastle we might as well wrap it in now and go home.

Guest BooBoo

So far this season.......Charles N'zogbia. Based on his performances  this season, including Saturday, if he is the future of Newcastle we might as well wrap it in now and go home.

To be fair he was a breath of fresh air last season, but this time round has never got going. Cant remember a single good performance by a left sided midfielder for us this season!

Guest Bellers

It has to be Wayne Rooney without a shadow of a doubt. The lad has potential, but has a got a long way to go before he starts fulfilling it. Yes, he oddly flashes his so called "class", but how often, maybe ever dozen games.

At the best of time he looks very average, but we constantly hear he's the future of English football from the frenzied media. If this is anywhere near the truth Lord help the nation because we won't be winning much for a very long time.

Guest brewer

It has to be Wayne Rooney without a shadow of a doubt. The lad has potential, but has a got a long way to go before he starts fulfilling it. Yes, he oddly flashes his so called "class", but how often, maybe ever dozen games.

At the best of time he looks very average, but we constantly hear he's the future of English football from the frenzied media. If this is anywhere near the truth Lord help the nation because we won't be winning much for a very long time.

Agree.

He's basically a well built lad who compared to other English talent is talented, but compared to foreign talent not so much.

For all his supposed talent he's awful at beating players from a standing position, if he isn't just barging them out of the way.

Agree.

He's basically a well built lad who compared to other English talent is talented, but compared to foreign talent not so much.

For all his supposed talent he's awful at beating players from a standing position, if he isn't just barging them out of the way.

How many over-rated player do you think WE have, by that definition?

Guest ticaL

Kieron Dyer

AGREED !!!

How can a player that no-one rates be overrated ?

Loads of people rate him.

There are even people on here who think he is international class!!!!

He plays for England.

Well, in moderate amounts.