OMG! New strip revealed early - first post updated

Guest AcidBurn

Guest Knightrider

Do you know why they used blue shorts with black and white a few times after using black with the first strip (or grey as that link has it)? The suppliers ran out of black material and the club thought no-one would know the difference anyway, all true :lol:

Don't worry Shido, it did exist:

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/COLE_Andy_19930918_NF_L.jpg

but it was never a main shirt, it was just a different verson of the '93-'95 shirt with the blue star. I have absolutely no recollection of why we had a different version though? I remember we used to have to replace the Newcastle Brown symbol with both Swallow Hotels and Center Parcs in a few European ties in the late 90s because of (I think) a ruling about alcohol advertisements on shirts. That doesn't make much sense concerning McEwan's Lager though, plus I've found a picture of us playing Chelsea in that shirt. Actually most of the Google image searches of players from that time feature them wearing that shirt... perhaps it was our main shirt and the blue star a rarity, I'm confused now.

Someone who was older than 8 at the time will remember.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

i thought the mcEwans lager one was the one that was used more commonly, and that the blue star was the rarer of the two

Guest alexharrisonnufc

i thought the mcEwans lager one was the one that was used more commonly, and that the blue star was the rarer of the two

no crazy adidas ball on the sleeve, odd.

does that mean we will be going against that new chelsea/liverpool kit styles??

Guest killers_perm

but it was never a main shirt, it was just a different verson of the '93-'95 shirt with the blue star. I have absolutely no recollection of why we had a different version though? I remember we used to have to replace the Newcastle Brown symbol with both Swallow Hotels and Center Parcs in a few European ties in the late 90s because of (I think) a ruling about alcohol advertisements on shirts. That doesn't make much sense concerning McEwan's Lager though, plus I've found a picture of us playing Chelsea in that shirt. Actually most of the Google image searches of players from that time feature them wearing that shirt... perhaps it was our main shirt and the blue star a rarity, I'm confused now.

From what I remember the McEwans Logo shirt was worn whenever a TV company had paid for the rights to show that match - this included SKY and other foreign channels - as they did not think that the Blue Star logo was as well known around the world - heathens !

The Center Parcs thing is because alcohol advertising is banned in France, it still is, which is why Scotland had TFG instead of The Famous Grouse, on their shirts for the Rugby on Saturday and Wales have "Brawn" instead of "Brains" when they play in Paris.

As I remember it, the McEwans thing came about simply because S & N decided that they wanted to have that, rather than the usual blue star. I think it only lasted for a year and the design of the shirt was exactly the same as the one with the star, which is probably why it's not on that site.

no crazy adidas ball on the sleeve, odd.

does that mean we will be going against that new chelsea/liverpool kit styles??

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/images/newcastle_united_1993-1995_be.gif

started off as blue star and changed to McEwans, i have the blue star one, and they sent me a McEwans Lager sponsor thing out to change it if i wanted, or was it the other way round?

Guest sahara

where abouts on the official site is the preview being posted? I have never come across it yet, luckily this topic is helping out though!!

Guest sahara

oh right I don't get anything on the splash page apart from "click to enter nufc.co.uk" so that explains why I haven't seen anything!