As much as many would hate to admit it...we need SHEARER!!!

KaKa

it's fcking shortsigthted twats that can't see past Shearer are the reason we are in this s****

No, the reason we are in this s*** is we have some core problems deep within the mentality of the club, and basic on field problems which continually year by year are being failed to be addressed properly and we all know what those on field problems are.

problems not being adressed properly? and you don't class OMFG we NEED Shearer as just that?

jesus wept on a bicycle FFS

That was just one person saying we need Shearer not the majority!

Shearer would probably sort the basic problems out on the pitch and give us team which may challenge.  He would certainly improve our lot no end imo, but the core problems im talking about are at this club are that we dont have a real desire to train hard, live a clean life and be the absoloute best, players are more than happy to come here and do the bare minimum for their wages and that is a fuckin disgrace and no one pulls them up over it.

We get a brief spell when things go well and time and again everyone at the club thinks they're world beaters and the board start shouting their mouths off then it all blows up in our face and we NEVER learn from it.

These are the two things which have to change in order for this club to win things.

Be great.  If we can get Shearer, then the twats will be behind the decision.  And if we still lose, then it's ok, because at least we made the Geordie-favourite decision, and we're destined never to win anyway, aren't we?

f****** sentimental bollocks is half the reason we're never winning anything.

All we want is a good managerial appointment. Get someone in with a continental CV. Of course, Shepherd cant do that if there arent any Geordie ones, which is why were going to be stuck with shit managers that the likes of West Ham and other lower level Premiership clubs would only consider, managers that will never get close to managing clubs like our "competitors", eg Liverpool.

I know lets get in a unqualified manager with no experience, that'll sort us out!!

May as well give me the fucking job, I'll do it.

Not really, I'm way out of our league. :lol:

I think we should just bite the bullet and do it now when we probably couldn't get any quality European managers anyway.

At worst, he's a very good man-manager and disciplinarian with questionable tactical skills. That's loads better than Roeder, an OK man-manager and disciplinarian with utter dog**** tactical skills.

Who knows, he may even come good. Considering that a Shearer appointment is inevitable at some point down the road, we may as well try now.

I think we should just bite the bullet and do it now when we probably couldn't get any quality European managers anyway.

At worst, he's a very good man-manager and disciplinarian with questionable tactical skills. That's loads better than Roeder, an OK man-manager and disciplinarian with utter dog**** tactical skills.

Who knows, he may even come good. Considering that a Shearer appointment is inevitable at some point down the road, we may as well try now.

Not so sure he's a good man manager, didn't see his man-management skills shining through with Craig Bellamy, and others actually.

But, I kind of agree with you, let's just get it over with eh? We know Fred's gonna do it at some point, may as well be sooner rather than later,  it'd hopefully be his last role of the dice and all, if he brought Shearer in and it fucked up then even he'd probably have to admit it was time to go, it's the only "idea" he has left.

If they bring him in now the club can finally get this Shearer-shaped monkey off it's back and we might all be able to get on with the rest of our lives and make some progress, instead of pissing about pretending to be a football club like we do at the moment.

Guest Ridzuan

He has a big influence on the club,but unfortunately,I dont think his return will change anything,even if he become our manager.He has no experience whatsoever.Having said that,Keane also has no managerial experience whatsoever before becoming the manager of Sunderland,and he has done well,but we all know that the Premiership and the Championship are two different league.

Shearer is the last person I want to see as Manager, he has no experience and like some one said earlier not all good players make good Managers, in the Roy Keane situation he had one of the best Managers around to learn his trade from. Any                                              way he managed in the Premiership yet although he is doing a good job with Sunderland at the moment.

Guest Ridzuan

We need a proper manager

end of story.

Jose Mourinho.And thats the bottom line because Stone Cold said so.

Shearer in my opinion keeps everyone on their toes and has the character to let Glenn know who needs to be sat down if they are not playing well enough. He is cut from the same cloth as Keane in that sense. He is absolutely no nonsense and the players would know they couldn't afford to slip up.

I believe we have all maybe underestimated his contribution to our success at the end of last season. I think it woul dbe good to have him back in the mix in whatever capacity!

At this rate he might very well be our manager!

I wouldn't have been too enthusiastic about this last summer but I have seen the light!

:o

100% Agree we need Shearer!

Bollocks to shearer.

get someone qualified in.

i m sick of my time and money being wasted by people who are either not qaulified enough, or simply not good enough, or both.

that means you glenn, lee and terry

Under the present regime it seems we are forever destined to shoot ourselves in the foot with alarming accuracy and regularity.

^^^

summed up by .com

the place stinks from top to bottom tbh

What we need is someone the players want to actually bust a gut for!

As with ratfink, you sense nobody gives a toss about him, that's why we hardly string 2 decent performances together, it's almost like there just doing enough to get by!

No confidence in the manager means no confidence in what you are doing.

So would Shearer fit the bill? Yes I think he would in the motivation stakes, and lets face it, that is probably the most important thing about being a good manager!

Shearer for me if nobody else wants the challenge!

Prove him being a good man manager.

Prove him being a disciplinarian.

He has no tactical skills that we know of.

Bad, bad idea.

Shearer would probably sort the basic problems out on the pitch and give us team which may challenge.  He would certainly improve our lot no end imo, but the core problems im talking about are at this club are that we dont have a real desire to train hard, live a clean life and be the absoloute best, players are more than happy to come here and do the bare minimum for their wages and that is a fuckin disgrace and no one pulls them up over it.

We get a brief spell when things go well and time and again everyone at the club thinks they're world beaters and the board start shouting their mouths off then it all blows up in our face and we NEVER learn from it.

These are the two things which have to change in order for this club to win things.

I have no evidence whatsoever to base this on, but this is a distinct impression I have too.

Mike Newell for manager, Shearer to assist him ;)

Guest Invicta_Toon

I have no evidence whatsoever to base this on, but this is a distinct impression I have too.

Mike Newell for manager, Shearer to assist him ;)

just who is the highest placed clean living hard training 110% giving team in the Premiership btw?