Butt

Crazy how similar to the Hull one it was. He doesn't fucking learn does he, and for such an experienced player, that's pretty damn poor. And i mean, literally moments before, he went to do a slide challenge in the middle of the pitch and totally mistimed it. He was lucky not to catch the player cos it was a definite booking if so. Then he goes and does it again seconds later, in the box aswell. Prat.

He's absolutely shit.

He verges from the decent to the damn right poor, he played a couple of quality cross field balls today but then gives away a simple 5 yard pass... Only one more game and hopefully he'll be benched.

Yeah, he played a couple of decent long balls. First time he's done so all season; it's been painful to watch him attempt those up until today, where he actually completed a couple. That is just about the only worthy attribute he's got left in his locker, and they come around once in a blue moon.

Crazy how similar to the Hull one it was. He doesn't f***ing learn does he, and for such an experienced player, that's pretty damn poor. And i mean, literally moments before, he went to do a slide challenge in the middle of the pitch and totally mistimed it. He was lucky not to catch the player cos it was a definite booking if so. Then he goes and does it again seconds later, in the box aswell. Prat.

He's absolutely s***.

He had some bad moments - the tackle that led to the pen wasn't great but did no one see the pass that put Taylor in that led to our second goal? No one see him filling at right back when Taylor went forward? Class. The squad needs him this season if we are going to survive IMO.

He had some bad moments - the tackle that led to the pen wasn't great but did no one see the pass that put Taylor in that led to our second goal? No one see him filling at right back when Taylor went forward? Class. The squad needs him this season if we are going to survive IMO.

I think a lot on here would disagree with you, but just about every manager in the Premiership would agree with you. 

I think a lot on here would disagree with you, but just about every manager in the Premiership would agree with you.  

which is why they were all snapping our hands off when Souness put him up for sale for £1m

which is why they were all snapping our hands off when Souness put him up for sale for £1m

We didn't bring in a replacement for him in the transfer window did we? He's not the player he was but we haven't got too much to offer in the holding role right now. There are other players who have been shit as well by the way - do you need reminding? He is needed.

We didn't bring in a replacement for him in the transfer window did we? He's not the player he was but we haven't got too much to offer in the holding role right now. There are other players who have been s*** as well by the way - do you need reminding? He is needed.

tbh you could argue that Guthrie was Keegan's replacement for the ginger one

what I was arguing was benwell's point that every manager in the prem would agree with you. They wouldn't, no chance.

honestly man, he's a woeful, woeful midfielder

We didn't bring in a replacement for him in the transfer window did we? He's not the player he was but we haven't got too much to offer in the holding role right now. There are other players who have been s*** as well by the way - do you need reminding? He is needed.

tbh you could argue that Guthrie was Keegan's replacement for the ginger one

what I was arguing was benwell's point that every manager in the prem would agree with you. They wouldn't, no chance.

Couldn't agree more mate. The only part of Butt's game which still held value for me was his tackling but even that's gone to pot now. Guthrie should probably be blooded in that position as soon as Barton is fit IMO.

Thought the tackle which cost the pen summed him up really. The heart is willing but the body is about 10 seconds behind.

So true.  It's just sad more than anything, watching a good footballer with a good footballing brain go to shit.  Hasn't been helped by the situation here, but it just throws a damning light on the club that he's been able to feature for so long.

First of all Butt needs dicipline. You dont go into a sliding tackle inside your own penalty box unless you know u get the ball. He often breaking up our midfield line when he run on their defenders to get the ball(this is our strikers job). As a dmc he should be waiting atleast till they get over the midfield circle before he starts to chase the ball, you dont see the likes of Mascherano, Essien, Carrick running of like that on their own.

Butt gives away the ball to much when he is playing short passes, maybe thats the reason why he so often try to hit the long ball. We should have gone for makelele in the transfer window, he would have been an excellent mentor for Guthrie who i believe can fill the dmc role in the future or even now since Butt is looking slower by each game.  Where are our young players? Dont we have any talented players who can fill the mc spott when all our mc's are injured? If we are going to get back into top 7, we need to adress the MC position.

Thought the tackle which cost the pen summed him up really. The heart is willing but the body is about 10 seconds behind.

That is spot on.

He doesn't have the legs. I'd fancy barton to have got back with Felliani (or whatever that bushead cunt is called), butt was nowhere near getting back.

Guest hobshobs

Watch the camera from behind the goal when Everton are about to take the penalty. Butt is standing with hands on hips waiting for the kick to be taken. Not even considering being alert in case of a rebound. Not interested and couldn't care less attitude. Should have gone a long time ago.