Charlton Athletic 2 - 0 Newcastle United - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest iainp999

"A disjointed Newcastle almost had the final say in the last minute when Charles N'Zogbia forced keeper Scott Carson to tip the ball over the bar - the visitors' first shot on target."

:o

"They couldn't cope with the shape of our midfield in the first half and the only disappointment was that we failed to create or convert any chances."

How exactly could they not cope with us when as you say yourself - we failed to create any chances. Fucking cocksack.  :knuppel2:

Edit: Moved from the thread where HTT does a Peasepud.

Guest Magic

Man, just got back from the match. Got to say, everything I've said about Roeder in the last couple of days (in my 2 posts about him) is spot on. Appauling team selection and style of play. I honestly couldn't even work out what our formation was until the second half, we had no shape whatsoever in midfield, and not in the cool, flowing, total footbal kind of way. We were playing a s**** team, with all but 3 of our players recognised midfielders or strikers and we produce absolutely nothing all game and Roeder barely did anything about it, even when it was all too apparent after 20 minutes that things needed to change. AAAAAAAAARGH. Players were s*** too mind. On the ball though no-one ever moved or tried to give them options so none of them had a chance. Basically, everyone's to blame. Especially Roeder. I think I might write up a rather scathing match report on this.

Got back not long ago. I don't see why people are saying that Parker had a good game. He was awful and gave away the ball almost everytime he passed. Gooch did alright except for when he lost his head and got tackled by Bent. Duff was awful, he has no pace, repeatedly wastes good crossing opportunities by getting tackled.

I can't recall us stringing more than 6/7 passes together. Dyer was non-existent, as was Sibi n Oba. Milner probably looked one of the better players, as he beat his man more often than not n delievered a decent cross, but there was no one there.

f*** hiddink. we need a motivator. a keegan. newcastle and tactics dont work

This! A motivator.

We never lacked talented players.

They just don't give a shit (most of them).

I'd rather have motivated team and beaten rather than lazy team and beaten

well done Glenn. you made last thursday look like an okay performance.

to the lad who wanted to give him another transfer window to prove he was good enough - if you STILL think that, you haven't watched the last two games.

fuck off Roeder, you are literally damaging MY club every game you are in charge.