Your opinions on the new kit

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

shouldnt the stiffs at the adidas design department take a leaf out of udinese's current home jersey instead? now thats a creative andradical representation of how a black and white striped jersey should look like.

http://www.bigsoccershop.com/48047-wb.html

i hate the fact that the new jersey has too much stiff boring vertical lines. too many stripes. too fat and thick black bars

shi-tiest ever jersey, hey even topping the god-awful "retro" champions league jersey.

Mate, that kit looks bloody ridiculous.  Were you planning on wearing it to the clubs? 

Looks like something worn in the Tour De Farce. 

radical isnt it? no doubt it doesnt look one bit traditional, but the udinese jersey when viewed on a player looks really fab. and yes, you can wear that to a club.....

Are you blind? that thing is f*****g hideous.  bluelaugh.gif

You'll get used to the strip,its the hideous defenders we need to change,

it´s funny.

most of the swedish suporters really like this new strip. Even other suporters are doing that!

It looks like swedish and english suporters has a different taste=P

it´s funny.

most of the swedish suporters really like this new strip. Even other suporters are doing that!

I'm a Swedish supporter and I think it's bloody awful!

I mean, what's the deal with the sponsor logo? And who's idea was it to put the Adidas thingy and the Newcastle crest in the middle? I like getting my nipples sore from time to time. And what happened with the stripes on the back? As someone posted earlier, are we trying to become West Brom or what?

That's just the shirt, don't even get me started on the shorts!

It might take some time to get used to, but I highly doubt it. But you will be able to find the shirt in my closet in the summer nevertheless...

Guest Invicta_Toon

it´s funny.

I'm a Swedish supporter and I think it's bloody awful!

I mean, what's the deal with the sponsor logo? And who's idea was it to put the Adidas thingy and the Newcastle crest in the middle? I like getting my nipples sore from time to time. And what happened with the stripes on the back? As someone posted earlier, are we trying to become West Brom or what?

That's just the shirt, don't even get me started on the shorts!

It might take some time to get used to, but I highly doubt it. But you will be able to find the shirt in my closet in the summer nevertheless...

:lol:

Guest prudmag

The Northern Rock logo is stiched on according to the club shop. My son works for a comapany that does printing for the northern rock and he reckons they are due to re-design their logo next year, so you know what that will mean.

Guest Invicta_Toon

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9969/ad2ny2.jpg

you know what that pic makes me think?

[scene]

set location: Adidas HQ

[Hans and Gruber are discussing their latest order]

"Here Hans, ve need to sort that neuen NUFC kit blitzish"

"Ya Ya, here, ich haben un idea - do ve still have all that unsold stock of die schwarze sports top unt shorts sets ve couldn't shift because All:Sports went unter?"

"Ya, was dinken sie?"

"Vell, let's just set der machinen up to stitch in three white stripes hier, hier unt hier, unt sticken on die three logos they DHL'd us, unt Wilhelm is zeiner fuhrers uncle"

"Mein gott, ist und master plan"

"Unt diesen Geordies vill buy any old sheisse, so says their gruppen fuhrer"

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

"wo bist die bratvurst?"

shouldnt the stiffs at the adidas design department take a leaf out of udinese's current home jersey instead? now thats a creative andradical representation of how a black and white striped jersey should look like.

http://www.bigsoccershop.com/48047-wb.html

i hate the fact that the new jersey has too much stiff boring vertical lines. too many stripes. too fat and thick black bars

shi-tiest ever jersey, hey even topping the god-awful "retro" champions league jersey.

Mate, that kit looks bloody ridiculous.  Were you planning on wearing it to the clubs? 

Looks like something worn in the Tour De Farce. 

radical isnt it? no doubt it doesnt look one bit traditional, but the udinese jersey when viewed on a player looks really fab. and yes, you can wear that to a club.....

I'll give them credit for trying something different, but it's not a proper football jersey, imo.  I guess I'm not as metrosexual as yourself, mate. 

Why put the crest in the middle?! Really doing my head in!

Seems like a stupid reason, but it could be to prevent it rubbing on players nipples?

blueyes.gif

The safety of the players has to be paramount...

I like our current kit better, but it aint too bad, I mean like, I can live with it for two years, it's sorta what we deserve atm anyway. Two years later when we can actually challenge for europe again, we can get a good kit.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I like our current kit better, but it aint too bad, I mean like, I can live with it for two years, it's sorta what we deserve atm anyway. Two years later when we can actually challenge for europe again, we can get a good kit.

can't wait for the red and white kit in 2 years time then

Guest Knightrider

Not as bad as what many seem to be making out, not a classic by any means of course, but you can't really judge the quality of a design until you're actually wearing it. I've looked at loads of shirts that I thought were crap only for them to grow on me, and this one probably has the same potential. There isn't much the club can do with these shirts in all honesty, at least this one looks better than the three previous shirts which I thought were all average, especially the current soon to be outdated one.

Not as bad as what many seem to be making out, not a classic by any means of course, but you can't really judge the quality of a design until you're actually wearing it. I've looked at loads of shirts that I thought were crap only for them to grow on me, and this one probably has the same potential. There isn't much the club can do with these shirts in all honesty, at least this one looks better than the three previous shirts which I thought were all average, especially the current soon to be outdated one.

Aye, I really didn't like the current kit on first look but I think its mint now.

Guest Knightrider

Aye, I really didn't like the current kit on first look but I think its mint now.

I'd like it a whole lot better without the sponsors logo, a whole lot better - it is that that spoils it or takes away from what is a very aesthetically appealing design (IMO).

I'd like it a whole lot better without the sponsors logo, a whole lot better - it is that that spoils it or takes away from what is a very aesthetically appealing design (IMO).

I think they were just sick of using the word mark and decided to go a different route and use the entire trade mark.  It just looks a tad photoshopped right now, but the end product will do the business.  The kit has grown on me, instead of partial approval, I'm all for it now.