Newcastle submit £300m plans to develop SJP - Official

kirkwdavis2001

Guest cybermansrevenge

I see the land as our main asset on the table, but don't think we'll get either rent or the opportunity to renogotiate the lease in the short term as others are suggesting. I am sure that that is where we are paying for the lunch, so to speak, we are now sacrificing our land for what will probably be a long time, possibly 50+ years.

This may be the crux of the matter, in doing this deal Freddy may be securing his position at SJP for life. If a consortium were looking to do a leveraged buy-out (ala the Glaziers) one of the first things they would want to do is sell off any asessts which weren't needed for the core business (ie the unused land) to pay off their borrowing. However if the lands gone (or already on a longterm lease) this would seem to make us less appealing to any takeover.

Whether in the long term this is good for NUFC who knows? but the language used "What we are proposing is something not just for the football club, but for the whole city and the people of Newcastle" all smacks of T Dan Smith and we know how that ended (if you dont try google).

Has nobody thought that this might just be a way to get planning permission to gain some value for the club so that share prices rise and make even more money if the club is sold?

A house with planning permission for an extension is worth more than one without, it might just be a way of attracting potential buyers towards the club after two dropped out earlier this year.

You could be right there mate, I pointed out a few pages back that this is what Belgravia had planned if they bought the club, I thought maybe they could be the potential financial backer but it would make more sense if the board were doing it to increase the value of the club in case they come back in for talks.

You really have your head up your arse ref the board Baggio  mackems.gif You'll be saying next that teams try to win the league, and buy top players, because it improves the share price if they decide to sell up  :clap:

Rather than actually "planning" something which will last for half a century at least, when other clubs are also improving and extending stadiums. Still, "planning" is only something everybody else does but us  mackems.gif

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7842/sjp2004lum2.jpg

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/united_kingdom/scotland/glasgow_celtic1.jpg

Uncanny resemblence

I can't be arsed reading through 10 pages of the trumpeting of impromptu experts on real estate......so: has anyone asked the question yet whether this announcement was rushed out eraly to detract from the fact that our manager is a compelte and utter cock, we only have 7 or 8 players in the entire squad worthy of a place in a premiership side, and we are an average side club in serious trouble?

I can't be arsed reading through 10 pages of the trumpeting of impromptu experts on real estate......so: has anyone asked the question yet whether this announcement was rushed out eraly to detract from the fact that our manager is a compelte and utter cock, we only have 7 or 8 players in the entire squad worthy of a place in a premiership side, and we are an average side club in serious trouble?

Yes.

Yes.

And what did the all-new property experts and ITK's say to the question?

Guest Invicta_Toon

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=38074.msg764777#msg764777

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=38074.msg764777#msg764777

You were wrong. But well-meaning, no doubt.

What I think Mr Sheperd is doing is increasing the value of the St James Park estate by getting development permits for this project...Then he can sell it (before building it) to a major buying (consortuim) that will be more attracted to buy the whole lot now that the deal includes permits from the council to do such major redevelopment of whole area...This what will mak e foriegn investors interested in buying the club and everything around it...

I heard that today we've announce plans to extend... oh...

In fairness, I cannot blame people for not reading 9 pages worth of stuff - especially considering the usual quality of post.

If that's the case, wouldn't it make more sense to get money from the investors to reinvest in the team rather than getting an extra 8k seats which, tbh, are you desperate for?  If there was a queue of people waiting to buy season tickets I could understand it more, but surely the quality of the playing squad should be of paramount importance?

For no particular reason I think this is more a way of boosting the value and the profile of the club to a potential buyer rather than any obvious benefit to the club's fans. 

There's no way "investors" are going to invest significant sums in the playing staff unless they're taking over the club.

But you're possibly on to something in your second paragraph.

It's a nothing story as yet, released now only to strike a positive note amid all the gloom.

No planning permission yet. Well, there won't be any investors on board until there is. And the attractiveness of hotels and conference centres are going to depend a lot on what the football club is actually doing on the pitch. If we were performing like we did a dozen years ago, having a conference behind the Gallowgate might seem kind of sexy. Right now? Well, we'd just be competing with loads of other cities that have conference facilities – and having trouble filling 8,000 more seats.

Guest Ridzuan

I was really pleased when I heard the news.I think it is about time we expand the capacity of the stadium.With big stadium though,comes with a big performance and I hope we will have both of this when we unveil the new stadium.

Somebody posted this sometime ago, looks decent enough when finished.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/314/sjp2010newaa2.jpg

I suspect the people living around Leazes Terrace might not be so keen on that......

I was really pleased when I heard the news.I think it is about time we expand the capacity of the stadium.With big stadium though,comes with a big performance and I hope we will have both of this when we unveil the new stadium.

Erm, we have one of the biggest stadiums in the league now.......and we're shite.

Somebody posted this sometime ago, looks decent enough when finished.

I suspect the people living around Leazes Terrace might not be so keen on that......

they'll be inside the ground