Newcastle submit £300m plans to develop SJP - Official

kirkwdavis2001

This actually does take the piss, we're fighting against relegation, and what does the chairman do? Release a statement saying that he's planning on expanding the stadium. :lol:

It is poor timing, but its something we need to do.

The only thing making us a 'big' club right now is our fanbase, so the expansion makes sure we keep that going and keep it rising. We've had the 2nd biggest ground in the league for ages, now its the 3rd, and in two seasons it will be the 4th, i for one hope we get it back to 2nd, and fill it.

If its finished by the 2008/09 season (one after next) and were on the up again, it wont seem a bad idea.

Maybe he has some plans in the summer, maybe that extra £20m is going straight on 3 new defenders, would be a good start.

Guest andynufc84

aye its poor timing but will have been in the pipeline probably for about the last 12 months tbh

announced now perfectly pending season ticket renewal time

Strane timimg to release his plans.  I'm more worried about the manger, coaching & playing staff of the club.  We are woeful.  How does he intend to get another 8000 fans in?????

This actually does take the piss, we're fighting against relegation, and what does the chairman do? Release a statement saying that he's planning on expanding the stadium. :lol:

It is poor timing, but its something we need to do.

The only thing making us a 'big' club right now is our fanbase, so the expansion makes sure we keep that going and keep it rising. We've had the 2nd biggest ground in the league for ages, now its the 3rd, and in two seasons it will be the 4th, i for one hope we get it back to 2nd, and fill it.

If its finished by the 2008/09 season (one after next) and were on the up again, it wont seem a bad idea.

Maybe he has some plans in the summer, maybe that extra £20m is going straight on 3 new defenders, would be a good start.

Aye, agreed tbh. It's a fairly exciting project, i reckon. There's a slight concern as to whether or not we'll fill it, but i bet we will. Whether the atmosphere stays the same/improves, is another matter. That's a lot of money aswell, but the arguments for "why aren't you spending it on players?" are just daft tbh. There's clearly money to spend in the summer and it will get spent. I don't think people need to worry about that.

Guest Invicta_Toon

How exactly will we gain on attendance figures with the current playing, managerial and board setup? Some bizarre logic going on somewhere.

he'll have loads of hotel guests on the doorsted kicking their heels on a saturday afternoon

he'll be putting half price vouchers in the lobby

Isn't a hotel complex what drove Chelsea to bankruptcy? Perhaps that's the plan:

1) Make club insolvent

2) Sell to foreign billionaire for squillions

Why don't they just redevelop the stand? £300m is an awful lot for a few thousand more seats.

Guest andynufc84

Strane timimg to release his plans.  I'm more worried about the manger, coaching & playing staff of the club.  We are woeful.  How does he intend to get another 8000 fans in?????

season tcket renewal time

Guest Invicta_Toon

Does this also mean that Fat Freddie won't be selling his shares for at least another few years? OR is he using this to boost his shares?

he could just being hoping for a short term rise on the back of the plans, if he really wanted to sell in a few weeks

doubt it though

He has 2-4 years before he does that. By then, we might have already been taken over, have a good manager, etc. I doubt he'd do this if he didn't know what was going on.

Isn't a hotel complex what drove Chelsea to bankruptcy? Perhaps that's the plan:

1) Make club insolvent

2) Sell to foreign billionaire for squillions

Why don't they just redevelop the stand? £300m is an awful lot for a few thousand more seats.

The hotels, apartments & all the transport network development around the ground will cost a fair bit to build.

Big buildings like hotels do not come cheap.

PS: How much is your stadium going to cost for an extra few thousand seats? ;)

There's clearly money to spend in the summer and it will get spent. I don't think people need to worry about that.

Is there? The finances the other day suggest otherwise.

Does this also mean that Fat Freddie won't be selling his shares for at least another few years? OR is he using this to boost his shares?

I was looking at the fact it will make borrowing against the club easier in the future (so he could do a Galzier), but also it might make buying the club more out of reach for FS if it puts the price too high, so it might be a really good thing.

timing is perfect from Freddys point of view - team doing terrible, people on Roeders back, people on players back, press saying how poor we are, tough few games coming up.......

tell the World about a massive project going on, and that its for the whole city!

Tbh, I think this is a great idea albeit at the really wrong time. However, since the move is going to be funded independently from the revenue of the club, there's no harm in getting it done now. It'll give us a platform for the future and won't mean that we have to play catchup. The fact is that it's a good idea, and it will put as on an even or close keel with the likes of Manyoo, Liverpool and Arsenal, the type of clubs we should be aiming to compete with eventually. Obviously the football part needs working out but imo, if this isn't going to affect our transfer budget etc. then get it done now because it'll only be harder and more expensive in the future.

great points mate but what worrys me and everyone else is the football side of things .

we will have great ground .great support as always but a shit manager if roeder stays on .so scary if we dont turn it round on the pitch .

There's clearly money to spend in the summer and it will get spent. I don't think people need to worry about that.

I bet you any money (pun intended ;) ) that we'll spend in excess of £10m this transfer window. Probably over £15m. Roeder isn't going to lie... he's been looking at big money players all season, and has continued to in the close season, and he has said that the money is there. What is £6.9m to a Premiership club after all?

Have you seen the state of the finances of the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona & Roma? Far worse than ours. Never stops them spending huge sums of money though.

Guest andynufc84

Freddy will kill Newcastle United imo

This really could go tits up, aye this money ain't coming from the club but 'external investors'

I'm suspicious of the whole thing tbh

timing is perfect from Freddys point of view - team doing terrible, people on Roeders back, people on players back, press saying how poor we are, tough few games coming up.......

tell the World about a massive project going on, and that its for the whole city!

i dont think it can disguise the shambles we have as a manager .come on fred see sense and match your ambition with a top class manager with top class facilitys and listen to the fans who are hurting so much .

I bet you any money (pun intended ;) ) that we'll spend in excess of £10m this transfer window. Probably over £15m. Roeder isn't going to lie... he's been looking at big money players all season, and has continued to in the close season, and he has said that the money is there. What is £6.9m to a Premiership club after all?

We probably will, but that doesn't mean the money is there. I'm worried that we're spending ourselves into the ground with wages and ott transfer fees. Its all well and good paying good money if you're going to get a return on it - ie a trophy or Champions League football - but when you get neither all the money is going out for nothing.

And Nut, no I haven't seen their finances. :razz: