Newcastle submit £300m plans to develop SJP - Official

kirkwdavis2001

Tbh, I think this is a great idea albeit at the really wrong time. However, since the move is going to be funded independently from the revenue of the club, there's no harm in getting it done now. It'll give us a platform for the future and won't mean that we have to play catchup. The fact is that it's a good idea, and it will put as on an even or close keel with the likes of Manyoo, Liverpool and Arsenal, the type of clubs we should be aiming to compete with eventually. Obviously the football part needs working out but imo, if this isn't going to affect our transfer budget etc. then get it done now because it'll only be harder and more expensive in the future.

great points mate but what worrys me and everyone else is the football side of things .

we will have great ground .great support as always but a s*** manager if roeder stays on .so scary if we dont turn it round on the pitch .

yeah but like said earlier this has obiously been in the pipeline for months, so if this had of been announced when we finished 7th last year, the reaction would have been a lot better. Fact of the matter, reality, it has nothing to do with the football side of things. Notjing to do with money on players, or who the manager is, or how bad the team is doing. This would have happened no matter what state we were/are in. so like said, if this is independantly funded, then great, get on with it.

Going back to my previous point... it really is hilarious how he feels that superstar, world class manager, Glenn Roeder - is the man to lead this super-club to the height of the Champions League, and competing with the Chelseas and Man Utds for the championship. We'll get relegated before we challenge for the title again, never mind how fucking big the stadium is.

Tbh, I think this is a great idea albeit at the really wrong time. However, since the move is going to be funded independently from the revenue of the club, there's no harm in getting it done now. It'll give us a platform for the future and won't mean that we have to play catchup. The fact is that it's a good idea, and it will put as on an even or close keel with the likes of Manyoo, Liverpool and Arsenal, the type of clubs we should be aiming to compete with eventually. Obviously the football part needs working out but imo, if this isn't going to affect our transfer budget etc. then get it done now because it'll only be harder and more expensive in the future.

great points mate but what worrys me and everyone else is the football side of things .

we will have great ground .great support as always but a s*** manager if roeder stays on .so scary if we dont turn it round on the pitch .

yeah but like said earlier this has obiously been in the pipeline for months, so if this had of been announced when we finished 7th last year, the reaction would have been a lot better. Fact of the matter, reality, it has nothing to do with the football side of things. Notjing to do with money on players, or who the manager is, or how bad the team is doing. This would have happened no matter what state we were/are in. so like said, if this is independantly funded, then great, get on with it.

Good point.

Will be nice for people at the back of the gallowgate to be able to see the whole stadium rather than just the first three rows of the Leazes.

Should really put these plans on hold untill we secure prem football for at least next season.

£15m to spend? I'd be amazed tbh.

£8m-£10m at the most.

Just aswell anyway i suppose... there's some cracking bosmans available this summer. :)

And we'll go and sign Shaun Wright-Phillips for £10m. Sigh

Guest andynufc84

Good point.

aye but don't believe everything Freddy says, he's a liar

Funding for the Number 1 St. James' Park project will be completely independent of the football club's revenues.

Basically we've secured independent funding from someone. Not worth complaining about in that case, as the project is totally independent of how the club is run, and not a penny of the £300m could have been spent elsewhere.

I'd guess that we are allowing investors to develop and run businesses on our land, and in return, these investors are paying for a 8000 seat stadium expansion.

Must be attempting to get his money back from the world cup. My mind is split, i agree with the sentiment that it's not what we need at the moment but would love to hear the atmosphere in the place.

europe has to be a certainty year in year out imho to compete with top european clubs so to keep our profile high and show europe we mean business mackems.gif

i honestly think not being in Europe next season will benefit us. May sound stupid, but we really dont need th extra games. If there is going to be big changes then they need to get their heads down and concentrate on a good prem position. Obviously fanacially wont do us any favours, but thats life.

plus i like saturday kick off's!

Funding for the Number 1 St. James' Park project will be completely independent of the football club's revenues.

Basically we've secured independent funding from someone. Not worth complaining about in that case, as the project is totally independent of how the club is run, and not a penny of the £300m could have been spent elsewhere.

I'd guess that we are allowing investors to develop and run businesses on our land, and in return, these investors are paying for a 8000 seat stadium expansion.

That's what am guessing, free expansion, which if true is then excellent news.

Must be attempting to get his money back from the world cup. My mind is split, i agree with the sentiment that it's not what we need at the moment but would love to hear the atmosphere in the place.

I think it would improve the atmosphere if more of the ground was on the same level.

Isn't a hotel complex what drove Chelsea to bankruptcy?

Good point. The key question is - will this project produce a profitable return on such a massive investment? Or - what is the real demand for another hotel, more luxury apartments and a conference centre in the city? It didn't work with Chelsea, and I really don't trust Freddie's judgement. He's a bit of a dreamer and an optimist who thinks things are going to go the way he wants them to.

Guest andynufc84

Good point. The key question is - will this project produce a profitable return on such a massive investment? Or - what is the real demand for another hotel, more luxury apartments and a conference centre in the city? It didn't work with Chelsea, and I really don't trust Freddie's judgement. He's a bit of a dreamer and an optimist who thinks things are going to go the way he wants them to.

Aye, just don't trust Shepherd one little bit

I don't believe this won't cost the club a single penny

Was the money borrowed against the club though?

If this was done in the Bates era, not doubt it was as he couldn't afford mass amounts of coin.

Apart from the stadium expansion, this new income stream will go into paying off the money borrowed and in the medium term profits for the backers. As long as the club isn't exposed to any fianancial danger, in general terms this is a good thing, but not something the club will make money from directly apart from the expanision. Intersting diversification strategy by FS.

Guest optimistic nit

if its independantly funded then great. this news comes 5 years ago then i'm excited. atm its like we've replaced the decking on a sinking ship.

Guest andynufc84

Tbh, I couldn't care less about executive banqeuting or luxury hotels/apartments, conference centres

All I care about is Newcastle having a good team, good manager and being able to challenge in the right end of the league. Will this new investment lead to further money being able for players and more money for investment in the whole playing side of things? If yes, then good and i'll be happy when we start reaping the beneifts.

I fear its just a method for the chairman and directors to line their pockets further

Tbh, I couldn't care less about executive banqeuting or luxury hotels/apartments, conference centres

All I care about is Newcastle having a good team, good manager and being able to challenge in the right end of the league. Will this new investment lead to further money being able for players and more money for investment in the whole playing side of things? If yes, then good and i'll be happy when we start reaping the beneifts.

I fear its just a method for the chairman and directors to line their pockets further

.....oh yes deffo a pocket liner. blueyes.gif