Will MU win this year's Premiership?

juniatmoko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was thinking about this question myself today, as with the injuries mounting at the back and Man Utd still having to go to Stamford Bridge, I think I'm going to have a flutter on Chelsea tomorrow - 9-2 at PaddyPower, haven't checked anywhere else.

Was thinking about this question myself today, as with the injuries mounting at the back and Man Utd still having to go to Stamford Bridge, I think I'm going to have a flutter on Chelsea tomorrow - 9-2 at PaddyPower, haven't checked anywhere else.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/barclays-premiership/barclays-premiership/win-market

I still think Man Utd will win it, they're playing brilliantly at just the right time. Chelsea will push them all the way though.

They will win it.  I watched the Man City match last weekend at a pub that had Man Utd on one screen and our game on the TV right next to it.  At half time Man Utd were down 0-1 and we were obviously at 0-0.  But you just knew that they would still win and we probably wouldn't.  Quality aside, you could tell from the way the players (and the manager) responded at the whistle.  Ferguson looked like he was about to murder someone, whereas Roeder snuck down the tunnel looking like it was already over.  Our players had the shoulders down, theirs looked angry to be behind.  Always helps if you have Scholes & Ronaldo in your side of course, but the attitude just looks completely different when you watch it side by side. 

Guest Invicta_Toon

They will win it.  I watched the Man City match last weekend at a pub that had Man Utd on one screen and our game on the TV right next to it.  At half time Man Utd were down 0-1 and we were obviously at 0-0.  But you just knew that they would still win and we probably wouldn't.  Quality aside, you could tell from the way the players (and the manager) responded at the whistle.  Ferguson looked like he was about to murder someone, whereas Roeder snuck down the tunnel looking like it was already over.  Our players had the shoulders down, theirs looked angry to be behind.  Always helps if you have Scholes & Ronaldo in your side of course, but the attitude just looks completely different when you watch it side by side. 

Do Man U fans ever boo their own team?

Guest stormrider

Obviously they'd start to if they had played consistently like us.

They were booing Ryan Giggs few years ago.

Guest Invicta_Toon

and did Alex Ferguson listen? Or did he tell them to fuck off?

Nah, they'd just jump ship to whatever team was top of the League and claim they'd "always" been fans.

and did Alex Ferguson listen? Or did he tell them to fuck off?

I was just saying. Don't give two flying fucks about what point you're trying to make because I haven't read all of the thread.

Assuming they lose to Chelski they've got to draw 2 games from 6. I reckon they'll slip up atleast once and I've got money riding on Chelski too sneak it although I'd much prefer ManUre to win. They play better football, their manager isn't a petulant child and most importantly I can't see them putting a stranglehold on the title for the next 5 years unlike Chelski.

Assuming they lose to Chelski they've got to draw 2 games from 6. I reckon they'll slip up atleast once and I've got money riding on Chelski too sneak it although I'd much prefer ManUre to win. They play better football, their manager isn't a petulant child and most importantly I can't see them putting a stranglehold on the title for the next 5 years unlike Chelski.

:lol: tell that to david beckham's eyebrow.

Dunno why you'd talk to an eyebrow, but you get the point.

I can't really get worked up about the question, but I marginally want Chelsea not to win it more than I want Man U not to win it.

Same here. I'd laugh if Chelsea loses the title because we scrape a win against them.

I can't really get worked up about the question, but I marginally want Chelsea not to win it more than I want Man U not to win it.

I'd prefer NUFC to win it of course :cheesy: if that was biased opinion. I hate them both actually. But when EPL still dominated with ManU vs Arsenal.... it was more fucking bored than this few years... :o

I'd prefer NUFC to win it of course :cheesy: if that was biased opinion. I hate them both actually. But when EPL still dominated with ManU vs Arsenal.... it was more f****** bored than this few years... :o

More boring than these last 2 years? The Arsenal/Manure years would conjure up some terrific title races whilst Chelsea have strolled to 2 in a row.

:lol: tell that to david beckham's eyebrow.

Dunno why you'd talk to an eyebrow, but you get the point.

Angry old Scottish wanker tbh.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon here because Manchester United have lost today, but last Saturday at 7:04pm, something happened which told me Chelsea were going to win the league.  The played s*** against the worst side in the league but scored in the dying seconds.  Yes, Man Utd done it at Liverpool, but since Terry came back they look much more solid, even Sheva is playing reasonably well.  You hear the phrase mental toughness often in football, Man Utd have it, but Chelsea have it in abundance, I think they'll win the league again, in fact I think they'll do the quadruple.

The key game for Chelsea to win the league in my opinion, isn't at SB against Man Utd, I think they'll win that, I think it's at St James', it's the sort of game which we usually get points, if they win that they're champions in my view, especially given the fact Man Utd have to go to City, and they play like they're on wizz whenever they meet at COMS.

ps I implore everyone to read Invicta Toon's assessment of Jose Mourinho.  Whenever you're feeling down just remember things might be bad, but at the end of the day you're not "Vic".

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon here because Manchester United have lost today, but last Saturday at 7:04pm, something happened which told me Chelsea were going to win the league.  The played s*** against the worst side in the league but scored in the dying seconds.  Yes, Man Utd done it at Liverpool, but since Terry came back they look much more solid, even Sheva is playing reasonably well.  You hear the phrase mental toughness often in football, Man Utd have it, but Chelsea have it in abundance, I think they'll win the league again, in fact I think they'll do the quadruple.

The key game for Chelsea to win the league in my opinion, isn't at SB against Man Utd, I think they'll win that, I think it's at St James', it's the sort of game which we usually get points, if they win that they're champions in my view, especially given the fact Man Utd have to go to City, and they play like they're on wizz whenever they meet at COMS.

ps I implore everyone to read Invicta Toon's assessment of Jose Mourinho.  Whenever you're feeling down just remember things might be bad, but at the end of the day you're not "Vic".

I stuck a bit on at Betfair at 26/5, and it's down to 11/4 now. Not usual one for betting, but I couldn't resist this one.

• 2 weeks later...