Three players you didn't like

Stevie

Dyer is a strange one (I'm sure in more ways than one) There was a time when I despised him, and I mean, REALLY despised him. I wouldn't have pissed on him if he'd been on fire in front of me(very ladylike, I know) but I honestly think his attitude has changed and it takes quite a lot to change my mind. He seems to now realise that he was an arsehole and appears quite ashamed of it. He does look like he makes the effort in games far more than he used to and whether this is because with injuries etc, he doesn't have the natural reckless ability that he used to have and has to work harder or whether it's because he really wants it more than he used to - I dunno.

3. Shearer, but only for the final couple of seasons.

It was becoming increasingly obvious that Shearer was past his best for a couple of years before he actually retired, yet he would always be the first name on the team sheet. Every game we would just lump the ball up to him from the back as soon as we ran out of ideas. His decision to stay on for another year was pointless and selfish, he knew he was past yet but decided to stay on to break Milburn's goalscoring record. His God like status has always been a problem to me as has the fact his poor performances were never mentioned in the local rags or national press.

Controversial indeed. ;)

You mention that one of your reasons for disliking him was because we just lumped the ball forward to him all the time. I would agree, it's not pretty to watch, but is that Shearer's fault? Did he pick the team and did he define the tactics before each game? Same with this God-like status he acquired. I can't say i'm a big fan of it all, in spite of how much i love Shearer, but he didn't ask for it did he?

I'll give you credit for attempting to reason your decision, which one or two people have refrained from doing, and subsequently just looked like idiots, but i think your comment about him being 'selfish' is just daft. In that season that he announced that he would stay on - he scored 19 goals. It was hardly as if he was shit and past it. The legs hadn't compeltely gone had they? Selfish for crying out loud? He was a centre-forward, and he was a Newcastle hero and he wanted the record badly because it was something that he deserved. He wasn't great in his final season, but for all his statuesque nothingness ( :rolleyes: ), he still went into double figures. Again.

And besides, in playing terms - all good centre-forwards are selfish.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ian Rush. Not because I disliked him per se, just that he signalled the start (and continuation) of some very bad personel decisions

. It was hardly as if he was shit and past it. The legs hadn't compeltely gone had they? Selfish for crying out loud? He was a centre-forward, and he was a Newcastle hero and he wanted the record badly because it was something that he deserved. He wasn't great in his final season, but for all his statuesque nothingness ( :rolleyes: ), he still went into double figures. Again.

No, he really was shit and past it actually :lol:

And I do agree with Sparks that he probably continued playing for selfish reasons - that and the fact he was probably begged to do so cos we had no-one to take his place. I don't doubt the fact that he loved playing football and he loved the club but I think even he really knew that he was past it.

Ian Rush. Not because I disliked him per se, just that he signalled the start (and continuation) of some very bad personel decisions

He was going to be one of mine, but that whole Ian Rush, John Barnes thing was just a debacle that's better forgotten.

He was going to be one of mine, but that whole Ian Rush, John Barnes thing was just a debacle that's better forgotten.

Haddaway woman, that John Barnes was top scorer you know!? TOP BLOODY SCORER.

. It was hardly as if he was shit and past it. The legs hadn't compeltely gone had they? Selfish for crying out loud? He was a centre-forward, and he was a Newcastle hero and he wanted the record badly because it was something that he deserved. He wasn't great in his final season, but for all his statuesque nothingness ( :rolleyes: ), he still went into double figures. Again.

Nah mate, he wasn't. 19 goals that season. He said that he thought his performances had continued at a level he was happy with and rightly so. He wasn't particularly good in his last season, but like i say, he still reached 14 goals.

He deserved the record. He missed far too many matches - three major career injuries is what he had. Like he said, he's had somebody else's there.

Duff is pushing it. I dislike what seems to be his attitude towards the game.

Don't necessarily hate Shola, just hate the fact that he gets to play.

Nah mate, he wasn't. 19 goals that season. He said that he thought his performances had continued at a level he was happy with and rightly so. He wasn't particularly good in his last season, but like i say, he still reached 14 goals.

He deserved the record. He missed far too many matches - three major career injuries is what he had. Like he said, he's had somebody else's there.

I completely agree that he deserved the record and I'm happy that he's got it, and his back luck with injuries devastated what could have been an even greater career, however, we'll have to agree to differ about how good he was at the end.

Dyer as he's always been an overrated bellend, he does the usual plays 3 or 4 good games when returning from injury and everyone hails him as the saviour when he just fades back into obscurity time and time again that really really fucks me off. Then when you have the nerve to even suggest such a thing people jump on your back when it's true. I've also took it on me to blame him for that 6-2 defeat at home to Man Utd due to him running his mouth off with such ludicrous comments that he was going to take Scholes' England place.  ;)

Paul Kitson, I have no idea why but when I grew up watching Pedro/Cole etc then Kitson used to get a game and I just basically used to cringe, never took to him at all.

Jenas is a good shout but the fact we mugged Spurs for him makes that all the more sweeter, same with his mate Bramble and all the other bling bling tossers like however I'll leave them out of this for now.

Michael Owen could be one for me really as there was a time when I really did despite end last season when I heard the words come out of his mouth how he'd been fit for the past month of the season yet only thought it nice enough to come off the bench away to Birmingham when we needed him to try and qualify for Europe, I know he never wanted to be here but at least show some commitment for the cause.

paul sweeney........utter shit with psychopathic tendancies,some liked him cos he gave 100%,100% of shit is still shit.

albert luque..........i'm sure no explaination is necessary

andy cole........fantastic player but someone it is very hard to like.

Harper - Only this season though.

Carr - Since the first day he signed

Viana / Luque - Both could have bust a blood vessel actually trying to make things work out.

I think I have picked quite recent players ( i`m only 30 so not meaning players decades ago ) because i`m quite a forgiving person after a year or so.

Guest andynufc84

Mine would be:

Silvio Maric  - I just remember him being absolute garbage. One memory that sticks in my mind is a chance he missed against Everton at SJP, we ended up getting beat as well. Totally ruined my afternoon.

Titus Bramble - No explanatin needed, when will he just leave? I hope it will be the end of this season.

Amdy Faye - Summed up the Souness era, one of the worst footballers i've seen pull on a Newcastle shirt.

Kieron Dyer - I hate the little tosser more than anyone, both as a footballer and a bloke.

Kevin Scott - what a shit player he was. Nothing against him as a person, but christ he was awful.

Nikos Dabizas - I can't stand the way everyone loves him. Fair enough he scored the winner against the Mackems, but so did Shola and no-one likes him!

Bowyer's one for me. Always hated the fucker, was gutted when we signed him, and I never thought he was anywhere near good enough.

Mike Hooper's another. I was quite young when he played for us, but fuck me he was shit. Gloves made from teflon or something.

Last one is quite predictable I guess, but Marcelinho. Was initially pleased when we signed him, on the basis of the favourable reviews that came with him, but I grew more and more frustrated with him as time went on.

Guest teepee

i agree on the bowyer thing - never wanted the cunt

maric is another, never had much hope for him....