Would you take Sam Allardyce?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest NSMagpie

Given where we are, i'd take him, but he'd be some way from ideal if we weren't in the s***.

I started supporting Newcastle, among all other things, because Newcastle always played attacking football wit lots of flair.

The way Bolton play, defensive and unattractive, I wouldn't take him for free. But, considering the deep trouble we're in, I admit he might be a solid temporary solution for a couple of seasons.

Given where we are, i'd take him, but he'd be some way from ideal if we weren't in the s***.

I started supporting Newcastle, among all other things, because Newcastle always played attacking football wit lots of flair.

The way Bolton play, defensive and unattractive, I wouldn't take him for free. But, considering the deep trouble we're in, I admit he might be a solid temporary solution for a couple of seasons.

Thats what i meant by the "some way from ideal" thing - he's not a manager i'd want here, i think his tactics are insipid, he moans too much, and his insistence of a few key players who are nowhere near good enough at this level is baffling. So in many ways he is similar to Roeder, just nowhere NEAR as utterly shite.

We'd probably do fairly well under Allardyce, certainly we may be in with a shout of top 6/7, and thats forward movement for us from the shitheap that wanker Roeder has put us in, so we would have to take him if we could.

Mind, his head is fucking MASSIVE. he'd have to learn to stabd further away from the camera when he's on Sky. Jesus, its scary.

Guest Invicta_Toon

he is Roeder without expectant fans and a good run in a job tbh

bit of a chip on his shoulder too

I'm with everyone else - I'd have him in a heartbeat...

Personally, when it comes to off-the-field models, then Bolton is one of the benchmark clubs, and I'd be delighted if we could have a revolutionary change of structure, philosophy and dynamic at the club... If someone could dig up the uber-post posted a few weeks ago I'd be much obliged(regarding Bolton's army of support staff, their methods and even the way players input into the way other clubs do things in the search for improvement)

Big Sam? Hell yes!

bit of a chip on his shoulder too

He's far better than Roeder. Wanker Glenn would never be able to do what Fat Head has done.

You're right about the chip, though. He's a bloody awful loser.

Really? What do you see as their similarities?

Yep. I imagine many of us could think of people we'd rather have to some degree or other, but I've said for some time that some of his particular strengths are areas in which we're particularly weak. Cutting-edge off-field techniques, a Manager who knows his own mind and will demand the best from the Board, and the knowledge of how not to throw the ball directly to the opposition in your own half, for example.

Yep. I imagine many of us could think of people we'd rather have to some degree or other, but I've said for some time that some of his particular strengths are areas in which we're particularly weak. Cutting-edge off-field techniques, a Manager who knows his own mind and will demand the best from the Board, and the knowledge of how not to throw the ball directly to the opposition in your own half, for example.

Get out. And take your new-fangled thinkings with you. There's no place for the likes of those ideas at SJP.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Get out. And take your new-fangled thinkings with you. There's no place for the likes of those ideas at SJP.

so Roeder is a crap manager because he doesn't spend his training time with his international footballers telling them not to throw the ball to the opposition?

so Roeder is a crap manager because he doesn't spend his training time with his international footballers telling them not to throw the ball to the opposition?

Yes, because they clearly need guidance on the issue.

Guest elbee909

no doubt all the Luque Lovers will expect Big Sam to stick Big Albert straight back in the team? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't think there's much chance of getting Philippe back, to be honest :)

No, he's a crap manager for being unable to manage very well at all.

Guest Gemmill

Re throw ins - why have we not been getting Gooch to do these long throw-ins a bit more?  They're miles better than any Emre set-piece, judging by the one against Citeh at the weekend.

Re throw ins - why have we not been getting Gooch to do these long throw-ins a bit more?  They're miles better than any Emre set-piece, judging by the one against Citeh at the weekend.

Running past the ball, as fast as we can, and slamming first face into the post would be better than Emres set pieces recently.

Not going to answer the question Alex put to you or will that show you up as being someone who puts in a random comment without the knowledge to actually back it up?

How is he anything like Roeder?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Not going to answer the question Alex put to you or will that show you up as being someone who puts in a random comment without the knowledge to actually back it up?

down boy

he's an average English type motivator and tactician who doggedly sticks by his favourite players

howzzat for starters?

Guest BooBoo

Definitely. Arguably one of the most European of the British bosses, if that makes any sense. He leaves very little to chance and his methods seem to be very modern.

down boy

he's an average English type motivator and tactician who doggedly sticks by his favourite players

howzzat for starters?

You said average. Therefroe he is nothing like Roeder.

down boy

howzzat for starters?

They are both English, I will give you that one.

down boy

howzzat for starters?

I could see why someone would argue the above, excluding the bits in bold. Roeder doesn't appear to be either, nowadays...

Guest Invicta_Toon

down boy

howzzat for starters?

You said average. Therefroe he is nothing like Roeder.

funny how the players would rather blame the fans for their lack of confidence than the piss poor roeder though isn't it? How odd. Like to see how Bolton would perform infront of 52,000 Northern Monkeys