Would you take Sam Allardyce?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

But he didn't have the balls to come out and take the Newcastle position when it was vacant. Scared of the size of the job by the looks of things.

Or scared off...

Guest Sniffer

I've never yet had an interview for a job where I was able to object to anybody on the panel.

Of course, the majority of people on this forum have not had a job interview yet so this may be news to them.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I would take Sam Allardice down the cop shop and beat a confession out of him, the bent fucking bastard

I've never yet had an interview for a job where I was able to object to anybody on the panel.

Of course, the majority of people on this forum have not had a job interview yet so this may be news to them.

Do you not think it's a bit pathetic if it was true that Shearer was allowed to sit in on the so called interview, I most certainly do.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Do you not think it's a bit pathetic if it was true that Shearer was allowed to sit in on the so called interview, I most certainly do.

he's club ambassador man

surely that falls under 'any other duties as required'

we might have had to employ an expensive consultant otherwise

I would carry Big Sam on my back all the way from Bolton to the toon if he was prepared to take the job - absolutely light years away from our current incumbent in so many ways.

Hopefully bring Speedo back with him as well in player/coaching capacity.

This.

he's club ambassador man

surely that falls under 'any other duties as required'

we might have had to employ an expensive consultant otherwise

He was playing at the time though don't forget Vic.

So what? If FS values his opinion and insight, then he has every right to put him on a panel.

So that doesn't undermine the manager in question by having a current player on his interview panel?

Guest Sniffer

Shearer was winding down his playing career. He was club captain. He was going to continue his affiliation with Newcastle in some capacity. FS clearly values his opinion.

What's the problem? 

Shearer was winding down his playing career. He was club captain. He was going to continue his affiliation with Newcastle in some capacity. FS clearly values his opinion.

What's the problem? 

Nothing. Nothing at all.

Guest shearer_united

One major reason to replace Roeder with Big Sam:

Big Sam KNOWS how to build a team for the future. Roeder doesn't.

When Roeder took over wasn't him being manager was something temporary. O'Neill should have been here last summer as I see it .