Turk on Trial (Left Back)

Ayerso

Backup would be fyne. But no doubt upon signing he will be 'backup' but by the time the window ends he 'was always top of my list'. I'd rather we sign a decent player who we KNOW can do a job and then sign someone like this after. Otherwise its easy to think (specially in Roeder's case) yeah we've got someone in in that positio, I'll chase other positions and end up not getting anyone else.

Jesus Christ, talk about negativity.  People would walk past the bloke in the street and not know who he is, but they've already decided he's s*** :lol:

He played for Eintracht Frankfurt,Adanaspor,Panionios,Bursaspor so he must be world class player :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

And you've never seen him play for any of those teams.  Why not wait until you HAVE seen him?  He's only on trial and he's free ffs - in other words, if he's s*** we don't have to keep him, if we do keep him, he doesn't cost a penny.

How is that going to happen?

The only 2 ways we are going to seen him play is either in the reserve game or if we actually sign him

I cant believe that some people think he will be any good even for back up

The premiership is out of his league considering his career and the clubs he played for

As shit as Babayaro is i dont thing this guy will do the business even for back up

The fact that he is 32 and cant play in the Greek league is enough proof for me...

Guest Gemmill

Jesus Christ, talk about negativity.  People would walk past the bloke in the street and not know who he is, but they've already decided he's s*** :lol:

He played for Eintracht Frankfurt,Adanaspor,Panionios,Bursaspor so he must be world class player :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

And you've never seen him play for any of those teams.  Why not wait until you HAVE seen him?  He's only on trial and he's free ffs - in other words, if he's s*** we don't have to keep him, if we do keep him, he doesn't cost a penny.

The only 2 ways we are going to seen him play is either in the reserve game or if we actually sign him

The premiership is out of his league considering his career and the clubs he played for

As shit as Babayaro is i dont thing this guy will do the business even for back up

The fact that he is 32 and cant play in the Greek league is enough proof for me...

All of these assumptions and yet you've never once seen the bloke kick a football.  You "can't believe" people think he will be good enough - nobody has said he will be, they just aren't daft enough to say that he definitely isn't having never seen him play.  Do you see the difference?

He has pretty much got to be rather underwhelming. blueyes.gif

Is he "not good enough to play in the Greek league" or has he fallen out with the manager? Was Ruud Van Nistlerooy "not good enough" to play in this league when Fergie decided to opt for Saha instead?

I know not a lot of people are impressed with Roeder at the moment, me being one of them! However, people keep goign on about the under 25 thing...I'm sure Roeder didn't mean he would never sign anyone over this age. I think what he meant was that large amounts of money shuldn't be spent on these kinds of players.

For example Campbell was on a free but he would have commanded significantly  high wages especially if he knew we were interested in him.

I have no doubt we will be looking at bringing in a top left back. if we are looking at the likes of this guy it will mean that Babayaro won't evem be kept around as backup.

It's such a shame Roeder has made a mess of things lately because it actually looks like we were prepared to sort out the squad nice and early this summer.

Oh well...

No he said he'd not be signing ANYONE over 25.

His words, not mine.

I'd like to see the quote to back up what you have said. I know he said he'd focus on people under under 25 but I don't think he said he wouldn't sign anyone over 25.

Guest Sniffer

Good point Gejon.

But why do I have this nagging doubt  that a 32 year old being kept out of a greek side by domi won't help us too much?

All of these assumptions and yet you've never once seen the bloke kick a football.  You "can't believe" people think he will be good enough - nobody has said he will be, they just aren't daft enough to say that he definitely isn't having never seen him play.  Do you see the difference?

You must admit it'd be a huge coup if he's actually any good. We spot a guy who has moved to 6 different clubs in the last 6 years (including a high profile move from Banionios to Buraspor), who can't get in the Olympiakos team and comes to Newcastle at the age of 32 for a trial. If he's getting in the team I'd imagine we're in trouble. And no, I haven't seen him, but it's common sense to be a bit sceptical about this one.

Let's face it the signs are not good with regards to summer spending. Baba and Carr clearly aren't up to it and we have two senior centre backs leaving for nothing, so we need a whole new back four plus one or two as backup. Even if he were backup, would it not make more sense to get a hungry young left back in from one of the lower leagues or from abroad? I only tend to like the idea of these sorts of signings if they have Premiership experience (eg Viduka or Larsson for Man Utd, Sibierski at a push).

Shepherd has never given priority to the full back positions. £1m on Babayaro, £2m on Carr, Hughes free, Bernard free, £1m on Griffin. I remember under Souness we also took a 30-odd year old French left back on trial. I'll be amazed if Shepherd ever spends a significant amount on either of the full back positions.

Is he "not good enough to play in the Greek league" or has he fallen out with the manager? Was Ruud Van Nistlerooy "not good enough" to play in this league when Fergie decided to opt for Saha instead?

To be fair, if you look at his transfer record he was either not good enough in any league or fell out with nearly every manager.

But it's good to see that we aren't looking at players who are past their sell-by dates...

To be fair, if you looks at his transfer record he was either not good enough in any league or fell out with nearly every manager.

But it's good to see that we aren't looking at players who are past their sell-by dates...

On the other hand he could be soo good that everytime he has signed for a new club an offer too good to refuse has come in the next season ;)

:D

It doesnt matter...

We all know who is RVN

Have you heard this turk guy before?

I know not a lot of people are impressed with Roeder at the moment, me being one of them! However, people keep goign on about the under 25 thing...I'm sure Roeder didn't mean he would never sign anyone over this age. I think what he meant was that large amounts of money shuldn't be spent on these kinds of players.

For example Campbell was on a free but he would have commanded significantly  high wages especially if he knew we were interested in him.

I have no doubt we will be looking at bringing in a top left back. if we are looking at the likes of this guy it will mean that Babayaro won't evem be kept around as backup.

It's such a shame Roeder has made a mess of things lately because it actually looks like we were prepared to sort out the squad nice and early this summer.

Oh well...

No he said he'd not be signing ANYONE over 25.

His words, not mine.

I'd like to see the quote to back up what you have said. I know he said he'd focus on people under under 25 but I don't think he said he wouldn't sign anyone over 25.

http://www.football.co.uk/newcastle_united/roeder_eyes_young_recruits_241927.shtml

"We will be looking at a lot of players between now and the start of next season and they will be young players aged 25 and under.

"I do not want to bring in big names who are past their shelf-life, but players who have their best days in front of them."

The thread i remember it from:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36428.0

Guest Sniffer

RVN, Japp Stamm, Beckham..doesn't matter who Fergie get's rid of if they cross him.

Manure still keep rolling along winning trophies. I know who I'd rather have at the end of the day.