Andy Carroll

Newcastle Fan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've heard Carroll is an absolute twat like tbh!

Heard the same about Woodgate but I wouldn't mind a fully fit JW at the centre of our defence!

Yes you would.

:catmag:

:2J:

vaughan played a couple of days ago and impressed

Yeah I thought he was ahead of Beattie in the pecking order.

In that case I stand corrected. Could have sworn I'd heard he went out on loan somewhere!

Vaughan was 16 when he burst onto the scene a couple of years back but he did his knee and missed the whole of last season...Just coming back into it now but he's probably only played 10 games in his entire career.

Related subject I've been sorting thru all my old shit this morning...came across a teamsheet from a FA Youth Cup semi final game I went to back in '03 - City vs Boro - Its amazing how few of the kids make it. Only 2 of the 16 City players are still at the club, 7 of them aren't even playing proffesional football anymore AFAIK, only recognise half a dozen of the Boro players. I really wouldn't be pinning to much hope on these youngsters, chances are its never going to happen...

I went to an England under-19 game, probably about 7-8 years ago now. The only one that made it out of the team that day was Jermain Defoe, god knows where the rest are.

Hows that Daniel Sturridge lad getting on Doc? Looked class in the Youth Cup last year.

Vaughan was 16 when he burst onto the scene a couple of years back but he did his knee and missed the whole of last season...Just coming back into it now but he's probably only played 10 games in his entire career.

Related subject I've been sorting thru all my old shit this morning...came across a teamsheet from a FA Youth Cup semi final game I went to back in '03 - City vs Boro - Its amazing how few of the kids make it. Only 2 of the 16 City players are still at the club, 7 of them aren't even playing proffesional football anymore AFAIK, only recognise half a dozen of the Boro players. I really wouldn't be pinning to much hope on these youngsters, chances are its never going to happen...

City seem to be one of the few teams who are actually bringing at least some young players through in the league actually, I haven't seen much of a few of them who have come through so I can't judge the quality.

I went to an England under-19 game, probably about 7-8 years ago now. The only one that made it out of the team that day was Jermain Defoe, god knows where the rest are.

Hows that Daniel Sturridge lad getting on Doc? Looked class in the Youth Cup last year.

Sturridge has made a couple of appearances so far. Made his debut a couple of months back against Reading, but we're not really in a position to be blooding a striker and he's disappeared from the first team picture for the moment with the arrival of Mpenza. Still looking alright tho, all the tabloid sites like Fans FC and co. were running a story that Barcelona wanted him a few weeks back  :cheesy:

City seem to be one of the few teams who are actually bringing at least some young players through in the league actually, I haven't seen much of a few of them who have come through so I can't judge the quality.

As they say...Necessity is the mother of invention...when you've got no money you've got little choice than give the kids a go. We've been very, very, very lucky that we've got some quality in the youth teams. Barton, Ireland, Richards, Onuoha all established first team players, Johnson and Sturridge on the fringes...without them we'd be heading the way of Leeds IMO - When they went down they had a load of mercenaries in on loan (Roque Jr?), I think we would be in a similar position without youngsters to fill in the cracks. Shame that the one who lives down the road from me, Ishmael Miller, is shite, but you can't win em all...might be able to get a few quid for him like we did with BWP, Croft et al...

I'd like to see MARTINS & CARROLL up top next game now that Dyers probably out. I think Martins could really benefit playing up top with a 'big man' type striker. Doubt Roeder will have the bottle to try that though  :-[ as it'll mean dropping someone.

I'm a waverer about LuaLua, i really am.

That's pretty tough - isn't the boy only 16? But as others have said, at that age it's more about coaching and development, and it no one would say we have the setup to groom young talent...

It IS very early, although soem real, genuine talents are already knocking on the door at 16 - look at Vaughan at Everton.

Vaughan is 18 I believe.

He was the youngest goalscorer a while back.

'Tis true, but I've got a feeling he's not done much since then, and has recently gone off on loan - which would indicate he's not knocking on the door. Anichebe looks a good prospect there mind, and seems to have overtaken him in the pecking order - got a feeling he's 18 too. Hopefully someone like 1878 who actually knows about this will be able to clarify for me.

Vaughan was 16 when he made his debut in a match near the end of the season against Palace a couple of years ago and scored as a substitute. The following season he made a few sub appearances and looked bright but got a bad injury early in the season and was out for over a year.

He only got fit again a few months ago. Made a sub appearance against West Ham in the league and scored but he still wasn't 100%. Made his first ever start up front against Arsenal the other week and played really well, he's started the 3 matches since then and has a record of 4 games, 2 goals.

He looks the real deal to me. Unfortunately he got an injury today, severed artery so will miss a couple of games. He's never been loaned out to anyone btw. Close to 20 clubs made loan offers for him in January but Moyes wanted him to stay and make sure his injury was looked after properly.

Anichebe is a good prospect too but he's not as talented as Vaughan imo, quite raw and will need more coaching. He can be very hit and miss. Has all the physical attributes though, he's built like a beast and has the strength to out power any defender. Half decent turn of pace on him as well. He went to train with the full Nigeria squad on the last international break.

They're both above Beattie and McFadden in the pecking order at the minute.

Severed ARTERY?? bloody hell  :o

Yeah, blood everywhere apparently. Went in for a challenge with Meite.

Went off on a stretcher with a bandage pressed against it to stop the blood loss then had it stitched up asap