Sheffield United 1 - 2 Newcastle - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest smoggeordie

Haha NSG's just text in to Radio Newcastle saying play Zog at LW and Duff LB, and of course dropped in that he watches the reserves and that Carroll is "in the Shearer mould"

:lol:

Can I just say that Sibs miss was not miss of the season, as was said on Radio Newcastle, yes it was a complete fk up, but Ronaldo has missed 2 sitters this season and both were better chances than Sibs. He had 2 men on trhe line and opted for power, just got under it.

Agreed, mate. They were over exaggerating as usual.  :rolleyes:

his alleged bad attitude didn't stop him played excellently last season. if he has a bad attitude, it's roeder's job to deal with it and get the best out of him. you know, "manage" him.

And anyway - he's the future of this club!  He's going nowhere!

N'Zogbia is a good youngster with the potential to be a very dangerous winger for us (I don't buy this central midfield talk, his game isn't suited to playing there at all). I think people are annoyed because it's not often to see a good young prospect come through at Newcastle and when we finally get a young player who excites the crowd he is replaced, dropped from the side and then dropped from the squad to accommodate a big name who fails to live up to expectations. It's f*cking typical of Newcastle and for a manager who prides himself on bringing through youth it's normal that people want answers.

I'm a big fan of N'Zogbia and I'll be livid if we let him go.

Just going by the Sky highlights, it looked like our best football came when Emre and Dyer were on the pitch. We looked composed, and capable of playing the ball on the deck. I'm now firmly in the camp of Butt or Parker but not both.

Martins was a threat, but he does drive you spare. There was a point near the end, where there was a man unmarked fifteen yards ahead of him, who he could have reached with a simple ball. Instead, he tried to beat his man and lost it. The man has no footballing brain.

Just going by the Sky highlights, it looked like our best football came when Emre and Dyer were on the pitch. We looked composed, and capable of playing the ball on the deck. I'm now firmly in the camp of Butt or Parker but not both.

Martins was a threat, but he does drive you spare. There was a point near the end, where there was a man unmarked fifteen yards ahead of him, who he could have reached with a simple ball. Instead, he tried to beat his man and lost it. The man has no footballing brain.

you have no footballing brain.. that was a great performance by a world class player..imo there aren't many strikers in the world that could've done a better job for us this season .. i actually can't believe Roeder is the one who signed him..

Guest smoggeordie

you have no footballing brain.. that was a great performance by a world class player..imo there aren't many strikers in the world that could've done a better job for us this season .. i actually can't believe Roeder is the one who signed him..

:lol:  What a clown. I can name a fair few in the Premiership alone.

i meant players who we could've bought last summer.. he's done amazingly this season being our only attacking threat for most of the time and playing with the immobile Sibierski or the out of position Dyer as a partner in attack.. i'm sure when Owen's finally fit, Oba will raise his game even more, as he'll have a proper partner for once..

Guest smoggeordie

i meant players who we could've bought last summer.. he's done amazingly this season being our only attacking threat for most of the time and playing with the immobile Sibierski or the out of position Dyer as a partner in attack.. i'm sure when Owen's finally fit, Oba will raise his game even more, as he'll have a proper partner for once..

Fair enough. Agree with you there.

Guest smoggeordie

he also said Pattison was the new Platini

:lol:

What's funny?

Don't you know?

No, explain.

Not really NSG, with the lack of service we've delivered.

Exactly. 17 goals is not exactly a poor return from a player who has never had a quality regular partner and who is playing in a team often lacking any attacking/creative ideas. Especially when you consider he has shite control and no movement :D

Guest the_guv_nor

Great result, played well all over the pitch, thought even parker played well, some great blocks etc

Defence did well 2nd half lots of longballs well defended with the sun being a problem.

Dirty sheffield fans spitting down onto us for 90mins, 7-8 year old kid along from me got spat on about 5 times...was this happening all along our section!?

Never noticed nothing like that where i was, did notice a few sheffield fans getting really wound up and they had to be restrained by police.

Seen some fat geordie bloke with no top on get arrested aswell.

Yeh I saw that, he was going mental at the police and his poor little kid was just trying to catch up behind!

I was right on the edge of the left side of our stand, no-one was spitting but their fans in the family stand were getting proper wound up and had to be restrained - probably the same ones your on about.

aye. you must of been right near me.