Sheffield United 1 - 2 Newcastle - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest Brazilianbob

everyone's sharp shut the f*** up now there's nothing to whine and bitch about

This is only one of half a dozen or so decent results, out of what is a very disappointing season to say the very least.  If you are satisfied and optimistic for the future, thats fine, but I have to say you are in for a very frustrating lifetime of supporting the toon.  I know, because I was once you!

everyone's sharp shut the f*** up now there's nothing to whine and bitch about

This is only one of half a dozen or so decent results, out of what is a very disappointing season to say the very least.  If you are satisfied and optimistic for the future, thats fine, but I have to say you are in for a very frustrating lifetime of supporting the toon.  I know, because I was once you!

Robot geek with an inability to speak to the opposite sex without scaring them?

Guest TheOrder

Anyone think its sad that if we had beaten Sheff United, Fulham, Man City, and Bolton at home, we'd be virtually a Champs leauge team again?

Guest TheOrder

Knew we'd win this one, now for a gubbing off Arsenal and more boos and stuff at SJP.

HTT in organizing mob of hate scandal.

Guest Knightrider

Knew we'd win this one, now for a gubbing off Arsenal and more boos and stuff at SJP.

Via my remote control :D

Didn't catch any of the match, was over by the time i got home, but i feel so much better with these points in the bag, especially with the WHU result and Charlton climbing out of the bottom, it wont be us going down, am just happy with that for this season.

Arsenal's finishing has been terrible for the last few months. No doubt they'll get their act together and rape us.

I actually reckon we can beat the Arse, they're in terrible-terrible form.

Split personality?

alcohol i'm guessing

lol, a bit of both.

I think any decent/good side have a good chance at turning over Arsenal at home.

They've been missing alot of good chances for months now but knowing Newcastle, the Arse will find their shooting beats and royally whoop us. We love helping teams out of a rut.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Sky Sports player ratings...

Given 7

Moore 6

Taylor 8

Carr 6

Solano 7

Milner 7

Butt 7

Parker 8

Duff 7

Sibierski 6

Martins 9

Onyewu 6

Emre 6

Dyer 6

Cant say I can comment not having seen the game and all but was Parker really better than Milner?

I think so...he was class today and MOM together with Martins if u ask me...

Anyone could say that.

If we hadn't conceded late goals to Villa, City and Wigan we'd be 4th with a gap over Arsenal.

Spurs have dropped points to the likes of Sheff Utd. Bolton went on an awful run of form not long ago as did Portsmouth who were 3rd at one stage.

Just got in from Sheffield, fuck me i'm knackered.

Great win. Didn't think we played badly at all, Martins held the ball up far better than normal - only today it was just for too long at times. Did brilliantly to hit the post, but how Sibierski missed the rebound is beyond me! Great header from Taylor to win it, and he was excellent all game won pretty much everything in the air and looked good on the ground too, really impressed.

Nice day out in lovely weather, chant of the day - 'Shearer, knocked you out, Shearer Shearer knocked you out!' to Gillespie. :lol:

Great win. Didn't think we played badly at all, Martins held the ball up far better than normal - only today it was just for too long at times. Did brilliantly to hit the post, but how Sibierski missed the rebound is beyond me! Great header from Taylor to win it, and he was excellent all game won pretty much everything in the air and looked good on the ground too, really impressed.

Nice day out in lovely weather, chant of the day - 'Shearer, knocked you out, Shearer Shearer knocked you out!' to Gillespie. :lol:

About time he put in a days work tbh, starting to get a bit fed up of his antics of late.

About time he put in a days work tbh, starting to get a bit fed up of his antics of late.

Aye, looked far better alongside a steady head in Moore. He was good too btw

Its good to see Oba upping his game, by the sounds of it he was miles better, I was also happy to hear him being caught offside, suggests he was making runs in-behind for a change.  O0