Viduka

Cajun

might be a good f****** idea if we stopped signing stopgaps full stop, we've been doing it for f****** years now

he's a fat selfish moody c***. f*** him. Boro could of sacked him off years ago and he still wants to screw them

Because I am sure we will be able to pay £10m on a new striker as well as getting in a left back, right back and a couple of centre backs.

and buying stop gaps for the past few years has improved that situation hasn't it?

Where as spending s*** loads of money to solve the problems has got us really far! Viduka is proven in this league, what more can you ask for? Lets spend £6m on Babel and HOPE he does well?

Babel isn't an out and out striker. People like you would be hoping he does well as you don't have a clue about him or his ability level. Others who know and embrace global football would have a better idea of how he would do for us. Like myself predicting the phenomenal success of Antoine Sibierski.

:lol:

G how many times has this idea been floated on this board? I would have thought you would be able to resist.

He's too old there are as many 20yr (ball holder uppers around) if we needed to pick up such a creature.

Vibloater would be just more baggage for our squad probably would end up hardly getting a game and pack up the weighloss shakes.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Anyone who wouldn't take him in our situation, and with him being on a free, would be critically insane.

he wouldn't be free you tit. How much do you think he is demanding in wages for, wait for it, scoring goals as a striker, as dan b puts it?

and you really think having that fat wanker around will improve squad morale?

no more fucking stopgaps, and no more eejits saying 'if you don't want to sign XXX because he is free you must be mad'

honeslty, with your record on match threads, it's a wonder you have the balls to post any football opinions

Anyone who wouldn't take him in our situation, and with him being on a free, would be critically insane.

he wouldn't be free you tit. How much do you think he is demanding in wages for, wait for it, scoring goals as a striker, as dan b puts it?

no more fucking stopgaps, and no more eejits saying 'if you don't want to sign XXX because he is free you must be mad'

honeslty, with your record on match threads, it's a wonder you have the balls to post any football opinions

:-* 8)

G how many times has this idea been floated on this board? I would have thought you would be able to resist.

He's too old there are as many 20yr (ball holder uppers around) if we needed to pick up such a creature.

Vibloater would be just more baggage for our squad probably would end up hardly getting a game and pack up the weighloss shakes.

The post was born out of his comments yesterday. Yes we could pick up a 20 year old with his ability but they would cost a hell of a lot more than he would which is kind of the point.

The post was born out of his comments yesterday. Yes we could pick up a 20 year old with his ability but they would cost a hell of a lot more than he would which is kind of the point.

....and stay away from Babel.

blueyes.gif

Shola and Owen would both be back, aswell as Martins - Viduka would just be cover/on the brink of the first team. No harm having experienced 'stopgaps' who'd always do you a decent job, for that sort of role. Aye, he'd cost a lot wages wise - but then so would a Crouch or a Bent or a Babel. All of whom would cost £8-10m initially on top of all that.

Unless we have a hell of a lot of money available in the summer (doubtful) then we are going to have to either sign stopgap players like Viduka or gamble on youngsters.

All players are gambles not just youngsters.

Shola and Owen would both be back, Viduka would just be cover/on the brink of the first team. No harm having experienced 'stopgaps' who'd always do you a decent job, for that sort of role. Aye, he'd cost a lot wages wise - but then so would a Crouch or a Bent or a Babel. All of whom would cost £8-10m initially on top of all that.

Babel is one of the highest paid players in the Dutch league, but he is also a player that can only but gain value. Viduka would cost at lest 40k a week in wages...This for someone who isn't a regular or have future potential to get your money back is one of the problems we have been through in the wages thread. We are going to have to start doing things right at this club......Or stop whinning.

Fair enough.

But.

/ Viduka is an experienced head, without being past it.

/ He is a presence in the box.

/ He'd work well with both Martins and Owen.

/ He would be first class cover.

/ He will absolutely guarantee you goals.

/ He is strong and superb with his back to goal, bringing players into play. We've missed that crucial aspect, which became part and parcel of our game when a certain Mr Shearer was around.

/ And, no matter which way you look at it, he's a cheaper option because we won't have to pay anyone for him.

Too good an opportunity to miss in my opinion. We have long term strikers in Martins and Owen, and - no matter how much some of you hate it - Shola aswell. So Viduka being a 'stopgap' for a couple of years, is no harm at all.

Fair enough.

But.

/ Viduka is an experienced head, without being past it.

/ He is a presence in the box.

/ He'd work well with both Martins and Owen.

/ He would be first class cover.

/ He will absolutely guarantee you goals.

/ He is strong superb with his back to goal, bringing players into play. We've missed that crucial aspect, which became part and parcel of our game when a certain Mr Shearer was around.

/ And, no matter which way you look at it, he's a cheaper option because we won't have to pay anyone for him.

Too good an opportunity to miss in my opinion. We have long term strikers in Martins and Owen, and - no matter how much some of you hate it - Shola aswell.

Some good points yes. But imo we would be better monitoring the Kanu situation at Pompey...I hear has turned down the 1yr offer.

And to balance things out, we should really just not bother renewing Sibi's contract and just get Viduka. That'd be a whole better situation. Not only money-wise, but going on how much Sibierski has deteriorated this season, i dread to think what he'll be like - while inevitably being in the team due to injuries - this time next year.

Unless we have a hell of a lot of money available in the summer (doubtful) then we are going to have to either sign stopgap players like Viduka or gamble on youngsters.

All players are gambles not just youngsters.

But some are bigger gambles than others and I am talking young fairly unproven players if we don't have the money.

Viduka would be a gamble but a hell of a lot less than some others we could sign. Yes people like Babel's value could increase but then again it could also drop massively. Being a Newcastle fan that shouldn't be an unusual concept :lol:

Kanu's just been a fluke imo. And - completely truthfull speaking - he's not got a touch on the quality Viduka possesses.

Agree, before Portsmouth Kanu scored 1 goal in 12 months and I may have missed something but I haven't heard much about him since his half season purple patch.

Kanu's just been a fluke imo. And - completely truthfull speaking - he's not got a touch on the quality Viduka possesses.

:cheesy:

Now you're moving away from what we quaintly call reality. :lol:

:cheesy:

Now you're moving away from what we quaintly call reality. :lol:

What was unrealistic about what i said?

Kanu has a quality touch tbh, not a big fan of him but he's got that.

Completely agree with that, with the ball at his feet - little touches, etc - he's good. But so's Viduka - but better in many other aspects. ;)